Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #16
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,681
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

I've never seen Tu Holloway play, but I want the Bulls to draft him because his name is so similar to Jrue Holiday.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,239
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I've never seen Tu Holloway play, but I want the Bulls to draft him because his name is so similar to Jrue Holiday.

Taj Gibson of PGs. Hard working, does a little of everything. Super loyal, big hustle.

He's one of these guys that is ready to contribute early on.

And if you draft players based on their names, and who and what they are similar sounding to, then I am thankful that you don't work for the FO. LOL
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Supposedly he's rising up the boards fast, I tried to find his and some other guys measurements and can't find them. you got a link?

I haven't seen them specifically, but I've seen a lot of the Combine coverage on NBA TV. A lot of it live and then a lot of it throughout the day as they've aired it multiple times.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #19
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

I'm also reading another rumor:

Bulls send Luol Deng, the Charlotte pick and our 29th pick this year

to Sacramento for

Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia and their 5th pick in this draft.

Don't know how true that is, but imagine a lineup of :

Rose
Evans
Barnes (If we would choose him 5th)
Boozer
Noah
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #20
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,881
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I'm also reading another rumor:

Bulls send Luol Deng, the Charlotte pick and our 29th pick this year

to Sacramento for

Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia and their 5th pick in this draft.

Don't know how true that is, but imagine a lineup of :

Rose
Evans
Barnes (If we would choose him 5th)
Boozer
Noah
Tyreke's more of a 3 than a 2, largely because he can't shoot for shit, but he has also has the size and wingspan to play at the 3 as well, so I definitely think that's where he eventually winds up. But I wouldn't mind that trade that much.

Guys who would definitely be off the board because teams are in love with them: Davis and MKG. Maybe Barnes if MKG went before Cleveland. but we'll leave that out. That leaves us with one of the following: Barnes, Beal, Thomas Robinson....that could be at least decent.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #21
Warners0
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 185
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

if the Bulls draft Barnes
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,881
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Bulls interviewed Lamb as well. Not sure if any of us posted that. But they called in him and several other of the consensus 20-30ish range shooting guards for interviews. So it looks like they're definitely liking Barnes if the right deal arises, and then also keeping their options open if they keep the 29th pick. I like it.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Tyreke's more of a 3 than a 2, largely because he can't shoot for shit, but he has also has the size and wingspan to play at the 3 as well, so I definitely think that's where he eventually winds up. But I wouldn't mind that trade that much.

Guys who would definitely be off the board because teams are in love with them: Davis and MKG. Maybe Barnes if MKG went before Cleveland. but we'll leave that out. That leaves us with one of the following: Barnes, Beal, Thomas Robinson....that could be at least decent.

If that happened... I would hope for either MKG or Barnes to put at the 3 and then Tyreke would have to play the 2. In that scenario we would have to hope MKG or Barnes develop a 3-point shot, Evans develop a 3 point shot, Rose continue to improve in that aspect and get a lot of perimeter shooters off our bench.

The ideal scenario would be for Beal to fall to #5.
Then we could play Tyreke at the 3 and have Beal be our 2.

I would be super excited if somehow our starting lineup for the future ended up being:

Rose
Beal
Evans
Gibson
Noah
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #24
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Bulls interviewed Lamb as well. Not sure if any of us posted that. But they called in him and several other of the consensus 20-30ish range shooting guards for interviews. So it looks like they're definitely liking Barnes if the right deal arises, and then also keeping their options open if they keep the 29th pick. I like it.

I'd like for us to try and trade Ronnie Brewer to the Cavs who have two early picks in the 2nd round I believe to get one of those picks.

If we're going to let Watson, Brewer and possibly Korver walk to save some money then this is the draft to pick up some extra picks to add some cheap decent quality depth.

I think this draft isn't as good as originally projected when it comes to star quality, but I strongly believe it is still extremely deep in the sense of a lot of high quality role players all through out.

If we could get for example Will Barton, Tony Wroten and and Darius Miller to replace Brewer, Watson and Korver I would take that.
Replacing $12.5 million dollars worth of role players with 3 high quality draft picks on rookie deals that can come in and contribute right away would be extremely beneficial, make it easier for us to extend Asik and Gibson as well as possibly bring in a Lou Williams type of player.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #25
Warners0
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 185
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I'd like for us to try and trade Ronnie Brewer to the Cavs who have two early picks in the 2nd round I believe to get one of those picks.

If we're going to let Watson, Brewer and possibly Korver walk to save some money then this is the draft to pick up some extra picks to add some cheap decent quality depth.

I think this draft isn't as good as originally projected when it comes to star quality, but I strongly believe it is still extremely deep in the sense of a lot of high quality role players all through out.

If we could get for example Will Barton, Tony Wroten and and Darius Miller to replace Brewer, Watson and Korver I would take that.
Replacing $12.5 million dollars worth of role players with 3 high quality draft picks on rookie deals that can come in and contribute right away would be extremely beneficial, make it easier for us to extend Asik and Gibson as well as possibly bring in a Lou Williams type of player.

I like this idea better than drafting Barnes. I mean have dudes watched him play. He doesn't make anyone better and he is a horrible defender.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

I'm not for putting the hopes on the team on a rookie. I'm hoping that the Bulls will sign a veteran to try to fill in with D-Rose is recovering. The 2 Lambs. I think either one could fit in with the Bulls and bring scoring off the bench.

Lamb vs. Lamb

The 2012 NBA Draft features two 20-year old shooting guards with the last name Lamb. Both won NCAA championships – yet one is expected to be drafted in the lottery while the other is trying to climb into the first round.

Jeremy Lamb

Measuring in at 6’5.25″ at 179 pounds (with 4.5% body fat), Connecticut’s Jeremy Lamb won the title in 2011 with star Kemba Walker.

Lamb was a force that year with Kemba but without Walker (now with he Charlotte Bobcats) he was less consistent and the team struggled, getting knocked out in the first round of the tournament.

Jeremy is a true athlete, with a 6’11″ wingspan and it’s that explosive potential that should land him in the top 14 this June.

Lamb averaged 17.7 points a game in his last year with UConn. While his three-point shooting was average (33.6%), Jeremy converted an impressive 60.1% of his shots from two-point range.

“There’s a lot of great shooting guards,” said Lamb at the Chicago NBA Draft Combine. “I wouldn’t say I’m the best but I think I can compete with anybody in the draft.”

Jeremy has worked out for the New Orleans Hornets (10). The Toronto Raptors (8) have looked at him as well.

“I think it’d be good. I’m not picky,” said Lamb on the Raptors. “I’m not saying I don’t want to go, not saying I want to go. I want to go to a good situation and wherever I go, make the best of it.”

No, it didn’t come off as a ringing endorsement for Toronto.

Lamb’s overall enthusiasm has come into question but he says that’s just his personality and doesn’t reflect his drive.

“My body demeanor and things like that sometimes it may look like I’m not [being competitive],” said Lamb.

Lamb also needs to improve his passing and shot selection. He’d be more of a two/three in the NBA than a combo guard, averaging 1.7 assists per game against 2.0 turnovers.

Reportedly his meeting with the Portland Trail Blazers (7 and 11) wasn’t especially successful.

Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com wrote, “He was known as a sharp-shooter, but wasn’t able to knock down his perimeter shot on a consistent level during drills.”

Will Lamb’s athleticism and potential trump questions in drive and maturity?

What does he need to do to overcome those doubts?

“Competitiveness, show them that I compete and I want to work hard,” said Lamb. “Times like this, these are times you try and go full speed and show you can shoot the ball, show you can dribble – but really show that I can compete.”

Doron Lamb

Doron won this year’s title with the Kentucky Wildcats. In the most important game of the season, the 6’4.75″, 199 pound guard led all scorers with 22 points to close out the championship.

Over six tournament games, Lamb averaged 16.5 points a game while shooting 55.2% from the field and 52.2% from three. During the regular season, he averaged 13.7 points per game on 47.4% shooting and 46.6% from three.

The best players elevate their game with the stakes and Lamb may be the best shooter in the draft.

Why then is he fighting to go in the top 30 while Jeremy may not drop past 10?

Doron may be more polished than Jeremy but he just doesn’t have that athletic upside.

With Doron, there’s no question of motor. He has a real chance to be a steady role-player in the NBA for many years.

“I’m a great shooter. I make shots,” said Lamb. “I can play the one and two, I can guard the one and two. I can make plays for teammates.”

In his second year with at Kentucky, Doron took on more play-making duties but he’s still developing as a combo guard. He dished just 1.5 assists per game against 1.1 turnovers but this is the area that he’s putting in the work to improve.

He says he’s already better than he was a year ago.

“Coach Cal got my point guard skills ready for the NBA,” said Lamb. “I’m ready for the NBA right now.’

From the team’s website, “Doron is our best basketball player. He’s not our fastest player; he doesn’t jump the highest and I don’t think he’s going to be our best ball handler. But as far as knowing the game and having a feel, he has it. If he’s in great condition and he has a sense of urgency, he will have a great year.” — Head coach John Calipari.

Doron has seen interest from multiple teams including the Memphis Grizzlies, Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers.

At his range in the draft, he’ll keep auditioning for teams.

“I just want to go out there and prove to NBA scouts that I can play the one and two,” said Lamb. “I can do more than shoot. I can come off the dribble and make shots, come off screens and make shots. I’m a winner, so I just want to show them I can win games.”

Doron said he probably got lost a bit in the shuffle last year given the star-power on the Wildcats.

“We had a lot of talent on our team, my last year in college. We had a great team,” said Lamb. “Everybody can’t get the same recognition as everybody else. We all had a great season and won the national championship and I’ll never forget that.”

The NBA Draft is often about potential and while Jeremy has a greater ceiling, especially athletically, Doron is the better outside shooter and a lower risk pick late in the first.

Based on the play this past season of the Los Angeles Clippers, Jeremy would be Nick Young . . . Doron would be Randy Foye.

If Jeremy can mature both physically and mentally, he has tremendous upside. Doron needs to prove he can hit shots and defend at the NBA level despite not being the most athletic guard in the class.

The NBA Draft is on June 28th.

Hoopsworld.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #27
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,881
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I'd like for us to try and trade Ronnie Brewer to the Cavs who have two early picks in the 2nd round I believe to get one of those picks.

If we're going to let Watson, Brewer and possibly Korver walk to save some money then this is the draft to pick up some extra picks to add some cheap decent quality depth.

I think this draft isn't as good as originally projected when it comes to star quality, but I strongly believe it is still extremely deep in the sense of a lot of high quality role players all through out.

If we could get for example Will Barton, Tony Wroten and and Darius Miller to replace Brewer, Watson and Korver I would take that.
Replacing $12.5 million dollars worth of role players with 3 high quality draft picks on rookie deals that can come in and contribute right away would be extremely beneficial, make it easier for us to extend Asik and Gibson as well as possibly bring in a Lou Williams type of player.
I don't know what I want the team to do at this point, other than tank next year.

Because we're not winning anything at all besides maybe a series next playoffs, and after next year it makes so much sense to Amnesty Boozer, and we could really start a new core led by Rose but with much more help with cheaper low risk high reward guys in the late second like you said. While keeping Taj, and bringing over Mirotic. I'm almost positive Mirotic turns into at least an all star caliber player, hopefully Barton develops or Wroten for a good trade for a good 2 guard next to Rose, and we see what happens.

I mean I would not mind flipping Ronnie for a couple early second rounders. I like those three guys you listed there. Even though Ronnie is my favorite of that bunch, I'd miss the guy. He's one of my more liked Bulls. But hey, winning is winning.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Just wondering - why would any team want to trade for Deng knowing he'll need surgery that will keep him out most of the year, and has $27 million left on his contract over the next two years? If we can get a high pick for him I don't see why we wouldn't do the trade, but it doesn't really make sense for another team, whether they are rebuilding or in a win-now mode. Has there been any indication the Bulls are looking to trade Deng?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
Rose
Roses Malone
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Don't hurt me no more
Posts: 24,881
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Just wondering - why would any team want to trade for Deng knowing he'll need surgery that will keep him out most of the year, and has $27 million left on his contract over the next two years? If we can get a high pick for him I don't see why we wouldn't do the trade, but it doesn't really make sense for another team, whether they are rebuilding or in a win-now mode. Has there been any indication the Bulls are looking to trade Deng?
Well it's just 2-3 months. That's maybe 30 games or so at max. If you're a rebuilding team like the Craptors/Kings you want a veteran but you don't want to get too good too soon. Then you run the risk of having not having a good second option to have for your main guy. Deng would set a good example for those types of young teams because of his work ethic, and maturity. But he wouldn't improve them so much as to make a huge difference in the win column, and lower their potential lottery picks.

Aside from ISH, and realGM I haven't seen any sports site list Deng as available or anything. Not espn, SN, or SI, etc etc.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Well it's just 2-3 months. That's maybe 30 games or so at max. If you're a rebuilding team like the Craptors/Kings you want a veteran but you don't want to get too good too soon. Then you run the risk of having not having a good second option to have for your main guy. Deng would set a good example for those types of young teams because of his work ethic, and maturity. But he wouldn't improve them so much as to make a huge difference in the win column, and lower their potential lottery picks.

Aside from ISH, and realGM I haven't seen any sports site list Deng as available or anything. Not espn, SN, or SI, etc etc.

I'm guessing a team trading for Deng would require us to take back a sizable contract - would that benefit us? I think I'd rather keep Deng around for two more years, try to win with him, and have a ton of cap space for the 2014 offseason. By then we'll know if Butler is going to be anything, Gibson will need a long term deal, and hopefully we'll have Mirotic coming over to help out.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy