Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

most overrated for the college game: Drew Neitzel, Michigan State

most overrated for the eventual nba game: Alando Tucker, Wisky

Neitzel just happens to have the ball in his hands more than anyone else on one of the weakest teams Izzo has ever assembled and Tucker is a tweener who will struggle for minutes in the NBA. and that pains me to say because he's from Joliet, IL.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

While Oden may have a very good NBA career, he is the most OVERRATED. Teams are tanking their seasons for a chance to draft him. That is if he comes out.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Is Greg Oden even healthy yet? I know he's been shooting left handed all year long. And he still dominates!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #19
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
Is Greg Oden even healthy yet? I know he's been shooting left handed all year long. And he still dominates!

he isnt dominating... and if you call that dominating then what is Kevin Durant doing.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #20
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
he isnt dominating... and if you call that dominating then what is Kevin Durant doing.

you must not watch many Big 10 games. no team has a player that can go toe to toe with Greg Oden. He's a phenom in the post. Is he complete, faaar from it! but ohio state is a young team. and why bring up durant? he's one in a million. his name should not come up at all in an overrated thread.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
you must not watch many Big 10 games. no team has a player that can go toe to toe with Greg Oden. He's a phenom in the post. Is he complete, faaar from it! but ohio state is a young team. and why bring up durant? he's one in a million. his name should not come up at all in an overrated thread.

he cant score 1v. 1 on good post defenders right now. Oden is a phenom on defense but is not even close to a phenom in the post.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
God of BasketBall
Banned

A.Tucker is overrated.

I dont know why people are picking Aaron Gray. Who rated him high? He's never been rated high. And people picking Oden based on what he wont do in the NBA is silly. He's a game changer on the glass and the defensive end.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
he cant score 1v. 1 on good post defenders right now. Oden is a phenom on defense but is not even close to a phenom in the post.

He's doubled. What are you talkin 1 on 1? He hardly even gets the damn ball in those situatons. OSU is a 3pt shooting team. They are the equivalent to the Milw Bucks when Ray, Sam, and Glenn were on the team. The use of a Center downlow getting touches and attempts isnt in thier gameplan. That team jacks up 3's. Lives and die by it and uses Greg as a decoy and are dependant on him cleaning the glass and blocking shots which he does well.

Is this how they will be all season? Or is it because of Oden's hand? You keep harping on his low post game and ignoring the damn variables. How many shots did Oden get last night? Or are you gonna blame him for not commanding the ball? Come on bruh, atleast have a friggin clue to the style of play in OSU and how Oden is used. He is not the focal point of the offense.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #24
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:

Don't forget what he has been doing recently. He had no effect against Wisconsin, and had 5 pts 6 rebs yesterday against NORTHWESTERN. Yeah, he dominated against Valpo, Cleveland St, Cincy, and Iowa St, but he hasn't been able to do much against the better teams. He only had 7 and 6 against Florida, and has been in foul trouble on many occasions.

Best case: Tim Duncan
Worst case: Tyson Chandler
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #25
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
A.Tucker is overrated.

I dont know why people are picking Aaron Gray. Who rated him high? He's never been rated high. And people picking Oden based on what he wont do in the NBA is silly. He's a game changer on the glass and the defensive end.

the people on ESPN told me he would be the best player in college and next great center. He barely shoots, shows no moves, and the one game against legit post players he plays he goes 2-6, 7 points and 6 rebounds. Sorry he isnt dominating anything but the people he outclasses athletically. Skillwise he is far from great on the offensive end. And dont give me he is young because somehow Durant managed to become rather skilled and is the same age and is a better rebounder. I was promised the best player in college bball and I got this great shot blocker and not much else.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #26
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Don't forget what he has been doing recently. He had no effect against Wisconsin, and had 5 pts 6 rebs yesterday against NORTHWESTERN. Yeah, he dominated against Valpo, Cleveland St, Cincy, and Iowa St, but he hasn't been able to do much against the better teams. He only had 7 and 6 against Florida, and has been in foul trouble on many occasions.

Horford and Noah doubled teamed him. OSU jacked up 3's. OSU was on the road in a hostile enviroment where Florida shot the lights out of the gym. But yes we were anticipating 25pts 16rbs 10blks 5ast. People cant be serious.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #27
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20

I guess I should of checked my stats, huh? the last game i saw him play was the game where he dominated a ranked Tennessee team. you gotta remember that Northwestern slows the tempo down horribly (like houston only worse). that's the only what NW can hang with teams in the big ten. they minimize the amount of possessions because they don't have the talent to run and gun.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #28
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
the people on ESPN told me he would be the best player in college and next great center. He barely shoots, shows no moves, and the one game against legit post players he plays he goes 2-6, 7 points and 6 rebounds. Sorry he isnt dominating anything but the people he outclasses athletically. Skillwise he is far from great on the offensive end. And dont give me he is young because somehow Durant managed to become rather skilled and is the same age and is a better rebounder. I was promised the best player in college bball and I got this great shot blocker and not much else.

At least he can't be worse than Patrick O'Bryant
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #29
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:

Cite who on espn told you this. I want names, articles, what months magazine even. I want to see this.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #30
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
He's doubled. What are you talkin 1 on 1? He hardly even gets the damn ball in those situatons. OSU is a 3pt shooting team. They are the equivalent to the Milw Bucks when Ray, Sam, and Glenn were on the team. The use of a Center downlow getting touches and attempts isnt in thier gameplan. That team jacks up 3's. Lives and die by it and uses Greg as a decoy and are dependant on him cleaning the glass and blocking shots which he does well.

Is this how they will be all season? Or is it because of Oden's hand? You keep harping on his low post game and ignoring the damn variables. How many shots did Oden get last night? Or are you gonna blame him for not commanding the ball? Come on bruh, atleast have a friggin clue to the style of play in OSU and how Oden is used. He is not the focal point of the offense.

Against Northwesterm he scored 5 points. He got one dunk, and one free throw. Your going to tell me Oden couldnt get he points off the glass. HE is susposed to be a great rebounder and northwestern isnt good.

Maybe he isnt the focal point of the offense because he cant score on the block, no one has ever in his career seen him score on the block, why give him the benefit of the doubt???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: