Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #31
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
Cite who on espn told you this. I want names, articles, what months magazine even. I want to see this.

It was the skinny white guy, i dont remember names and cite television shows.

why do you believe he can score despite all these excuses you are making for him... why isnt he grabbing rebounds like Durant(who is currently better)????

Last edited by Younggrease : 01-18-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #32
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
It was the skinny white guy, i dont remember names and cite television shows.

why do you believe he can score despite all these excuses you are making for him... why isnt he grabbing rebounds like Durant(who is currently better)????

If you think Durant is a better rebounder you're trippin. Durant avg 4 more minutes than Greg Oden. Until recently Durant has stringed along double digit rebounding games. Early on he wasnt. Single digits 2 games, double digit one, single digit, double digit two games etc. He's played more games than Oden. 6 more. And Oden has a cast on his shooting hand. Greg gets the ball down low he is swarmed. Kevin doesnt get doubled, swarmed as much as Greg.

Durant is a better college player right now. No one is nor should be saying otherwise. When Oden gets his cast off then we shall see. You try shooting with your off hand after you were used to the other hand all your life. Truth be told Greg Oden wasnt due to return to mid January. But he decided to come back and just wear the hand cast just to be out on the court and help.

Doug Gottlieb? Is this the guy?

God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #33
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:

Doug Gottlieb? Is this the guy?

thats the dude,
Old 01-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #34
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Against Northwesterm he scored 5 points. He got one dunk, and one free throw. Your going to tell me Oden couldnt get he points off the glass. HE is susposed to be a great rebounder and northwestern isnt good.

Maybe he isnt the focal point of the offense because he cant score on the block, no one has ever in his career seen him score on the block, why give him the benefit of the doubt???

WHAT the hell do you mean maybe he cant score on the block? OSU is a three point shooting team. 9-23 vs Northwestern while Oden only got 4 shot attempts. You figure that out. The big men in OSU dont get touches. Check it out.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
thats the dude,

Figured it was. Guy is a douche.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #36
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If Durant keeps playing like the one time I've seen him, then Durant is the most overrated college player. He LOVES contested outside shots from the one full game I've seen. Chuck, chuck, chuck. Sure, he hits them (like McGrady does out there with people in his face), but it's a dumb shot.

...and if Oden's teammates/coaching staff weren't total boneheads, he wouldn't look the least bit overrated. Give the F'ing kid the ball if you want to win. ...or just chuck another three. Ohio State should just be killing everyone, but they totally misuse Oden.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #37
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
If Durant keeps playing like the one time I've seen him, then Durant is the most overrated college player. He LOVES contested outside shots from the one full game I've seen. Chuck, chuck, chuck. Sure, he hits them (like McGrady does out there with people in his face), but it's a dumb shot.

...and if Oden's teammates/coaching staff weren't total boneheads, he wouldn't look the least bit overrated. Give the F'ing kid the ball if you want to win. ...or just chuck another three. Ohio State should just be killing everyone, but they totally misuse Oden.

OSU is selfish. Oden's fellow players know all eyes are on Greg Oden. They know the NBA is watching. They're trying to steal some of Oden's shine. And that's why they won't come close to winning the Championship this season.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #38
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

That game he shot a lot of 3's. But he avg 5 3pt shots a game.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #39
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
WHAT the hell do you mean maybe he cant score on the block? OSU is a three point shooting team. 9-23 vs Northwestern while Oden only got 4 shot attempts. You figure that out. The big men in OSU dont get touches. Check it out.

then hit the offensive boards than... Those dudes on Northwestern are little. Im not going to make excuses for Oden(i like him) but im not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. HE is going to have to show me he can do something before i believe he can do it. I have been waiting all year to see a good post move and a counter from him and have been disappointed.

Im sure if Oden could dominate down low they would throw him the ball more because it makes the game easier no matter what style you are playing.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #40
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

wasn't there a report on one of the OSU senior was very disappointed about the loss to UF
and Oden was one of the reason

The guy can dominate, but he isn't right now,
I just think it's crap that people just talk about how good he will be
while others are playing better already
and takes credit away from other players
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #41
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
wasn't there a report on one of the OSU senior was very disappointed about the loss to UF
and Oden was one of the reason

The guy can dominate, but he isn't right now,
I just think it's crap that people just talk about how good he will be
while others are playing better already
and takes credit away from other players

vs Florida he got 6 touches, was in foul trouble while OSU shot 7-23 from 3pt. If anyone wants to be mad at Oden they need to look at who was guarding Humphrtey and most notable Taureen Green who KILLED OSU. Odens job isnt to guard Green nor is it to defender the perimeter. Who fault was that? Who guarded Cory friggin Brewer? Thats not Odens man. Oden was responsible for Horford and Noah both whom did a good defensve job on Oden.

But hey I'm just making excuses for a guy entering his 5th game as a freshman for not dominating Florida on the road. Sorry.

What senior said it...not many on OSU. It starts 3 freshman (including Oden). Ron Lewis is a senior. Guard. Go figure.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #42
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

It really shouldn't suprise anyone that OSU is misusing Oden. College programs aren't used to having a true big man, so they usually mold their teams around the perimeter and that easy 3 point shot. And the few big men they do have are mostly undersized PF types that were too small to go pro early.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Gotta love defending three-point chuckers and saying that the big guy needs to put up or the Oden defenders need to shut up.

Ridiculous.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #44
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

What is this misusing him crap?

Oden can't be the focus of the offense cause he doesn't regularly establish good post position, is still slow to read the floor, and can not score once he turns to face the basket.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #45
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
vs Florida he got 6 touches, was in foul trouble while OSU shot 7-23 from 3pt. If anyone wants to be mad at Oden they need to look at who was guarding Humphrtey and most notable Taureen Green who KILLED OSU. Odens job isnt to guard Green nor is it to defender the perimeter. Who fault was that? Who guarded Cory friggin Brewer? Thats not Odens man. Oden was responsible for Horford and Noah both whom did a good defensve job on Oden.

But hey I'm just making excuses for a guy entering his 5th game as a freshman for not dominating Florida on the road. Sorry.

What senior said it...not many on OSU. It starts 3 freshman (including Oden). Ron Lewis is a senior. Guard. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure the senior called them out for effort
and just not knowing what it takes to play on a college road game

yes, it is okay for him to not be able to dominate his 5th game as a freshman on the road against UF.
just don't praise about him so much then
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: