Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Favourite Raptor's Moments

I remember the NBA on CTV! Those epic games against the grizzlies in the Shareef/Bibby/Big Country era when both teams sucked. lol. Loved those games.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I miss the Toronto vs. Vancouver games, I still think Vancouver and/or Montreal could easily be a top market for basketball in North America, but we won't see that happen again for a long time. I'd love to see New Orleans move to Montreal, I think it'd be fantastic!

I think the french aspect scares Stern away.

Not really a moment, but more like moments, but when Carter went down for the season of 2002, then the Raptors being lead by Davis/Peterson/Alvin Williams went on to win 7 games in a row to make the playoffs the final game of the season. That shit was good times for me.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #18
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I think the french aspect scares Stern away.

Not really a moment, but more like moments, but when Carter went down for the season of 2002, then the Raptors being lead by Davis/Peterson/Alvin Williams went on to win 7 games in a row to make the playoffs the final game of the season. That shit was good times for me.

I can't believe Mo-Pete has dropped off so much. He was awesome for the raps team.
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio23
I can't believe Mo-Pete has dropped off so much. He was awesome for the raps team.

Injuries, my friend. It finally caught up to him...
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The most sad player lost due to injuries was my fave raptors of all time, Alvin Williams. I remember I had no idea that he had been playing a large part of the latter half of his career with Brandon Roy's type of situation with intense pain and no cartilage in his knees. It's amazing to think that as much as he went to battle for us, at the end of the day he was only able to play 7 seasons.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #21
neilio23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The most sad player lost due to injuries was my fave raptors of all time, Alvin Williams. I remember I had no idea that he had been playing a large part of the latter half of his career with Brandon Roy's type of situation with intense pain and no cartilage in his knees. It's amazing to think that as much as he went to battle for us, at the end of the day he was only able to play 7 seasons.

I didn't know his issues were that serious! I remember that he had a lot of injuries towards the end of his career. He had so much heart. In a lot of ways, Jose reminds me of Alvin. Obviously, he's nowhere near the defender that Alvin was, but they both play with a lot of grit and toughness.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah man, it didn't come out until after he retired because he didn't want it to be publicly known. He did have a lot of injuries here and there but those troublesome knees are what got him. They had told him that he needed that surgery well before he retired and he held off on it due to the time it would take to recover. But eventually it got way too bad and he had to do it, and as we saw he attempted a comeback but it was sad how that whole thing played out.

As for the whole Jose comparison, yeah... i don't know about that. But I guess for all his shortcomings he does have heart and determination. I think on the right team Jose would probably look a lot better than he does with us because as we saw with Nash it's a lot easier to compensate for a good point guard with average defense than it is for probably any other position.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
neilio23
I hit open layups

Quote:
As for the whole Jose comparison, yeah... i don't know about that. But I guess for all his shortcomings he does have heart and determination.

Ya, that's all I meant by the comparison. They're not reallllly similar players, but I suppose (for whatever reason) Jose reminds me of Alvin.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Ya, that's all I meant by the comparison. They're not reallllly similar players, but I suppose (for whatever reason) Jose reminds me of Alvin.

Alvin and Calderon are completely different players. As both left it on the floor and are humble players, Alvin just had this aggressive aspect to his game that Calderon just doesn't have. Emotion, yes, but not aggressiveness. Alvin wasn't amazing but he did what he had to to get the win...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

A dubb was one of those guys where most of what he meant to the team didn't show up on the stat sheet. He was definitely more of a combo guard than a point guard. But he was a quiet leader, the rock on that team. One of the most steady and consistent guys we've ever had on our roster, cool under pressure, and really a great glue guy.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #26
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

no one mentioned the good ol' days of Oliver Miller?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #27
neilio23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
no one mentioned the good ol' days of Oliver Miller?

What was he like? I've only read about him.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
What was he like? I've only read about him.
Big and slow. Imagine Big Baby Davis, same height but 10-15 pound MORE than him, with more body fat and less muscle (doesn't seem possible right? lol). I was honestly amazed that he was a basketball player, a sport that requires you to at least somewhat be in aerobic shape. But from what I remember he was a pretty decent shooter and had good court vision. But his huge size was always an issue.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #29
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Big and slow. Imagine Big Baby Davis, same height but 10-15 pound MORE than him, with more body fat and less muscle (doesn't seem possible right? lol). I was honestly amazed that he was a basketball player, a sport that requires you to at least somewhat be in aerobic shape. But from what I remember he was a pretty decent shooter and had good court vision. But his huge size was always an issue.

He reminded me of Robert "Tractor" Traylor (RIP)
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #30
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

The BIG O was one of the most talented players I have ever seen play the game. He was a great shooter and an amazing passer. If he dropped 100 pounds he could have been a great nba player.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: