Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kings/Grizzlies gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA.com
Kings-Grizzlies Preview
By MATT BECKER, STATS Writer=
Posted Jan 28 2007 9:30PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Grizzlies Home
Kings Home
2006-07 Stats at a GlanceWith their respective seasons slipping away, the Sacramento Kings and the Memphis Grizzlies both try and get out of their slumps when they meet at the FedEx Forum on Monday

The Kings (17-25) lost to Dallas 106-104 on Saturday, their 10th loss in the last 13 games.

They were just one game below .500 before their slump began, but now only the league-worst Grizzlies (11-34) have fewer wins among Western Conference teams.

"We're not mad, but we don't accept it,'' said Sacramento's Ron Artest, who had 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting in Saturday's loss. "We wanted to win but things haven't been going our way lately.''

Memphis, meanwhile, has dropped seven of its last nine games after falling to Portland 135-132 in double overtime on Saturday.

The Grizzlies have allowed at least 100 points in 21 straight games, with their opponents are averaging 116.0 points over that span. Things have gotten so bad that All-Star Pau Gasol requested to be traded last week.

"It's been a tough year. We're going through tough times,'' Gasol said. "Yes, we can win. We just have to keep working hard, and get everyone playing at 100 percent.''

Memphis has had success lately against Sacramento at home, though, winning two straight home meetings between the teams and four of the last five matchups at the FedEx Forum.

Overall the Grizzlies have lost five of their last seven home games.

The Kings won the first meeting in the season series, 115-111 on Nov. 15 at Sacramento, a game in which they made 11 3-pointers.

Mike Bibby, whom the Grizzlies drafted second overall in 1998, scored 32 points - nine on 3-pointers - and had 10 assists in the win. Bibby is averaging 21.5 points and 7.0 assists in his last six games against his former team.

Kevin Martin, who scored 21 points against the Mavericks on Saturday, had 24 points while shooting 5-for-9 from beyond the 3-point arc against Memphis earlier this season.

Gasol missed the first meeting of the season against the Kings as he sat out the first month and a half of the season while recovering from offseason foot surgery, but averaged 23.0 points and 8.3 rebounds in four games against them last season.

The 7-foot Spaniard had 24 points and a season-high 14 rebounds against the Blazers on Saturday, after missing Friday's loss at San Antonio with a hamstring injury.

Mike Miller, who scored a team-high 28 points against Portland, has recently regained his shooting touch from beyond the 3-point arc.

Miller, who is shooting 42.4 percent from 3-point range overall this season, has made 14 of 25 (56.0 percent) of his 3s in his last three games, after shooting just 2-for-12 (16.7 percent) from long range in the previous two contests.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070129/SACMEM/preview.html

@

Well I'm honestly not sure if this is a loss or win. Chucky Atkins is a bit of a scoring PG and those always kill Bibby. Gasol should have fun inside against our pathetic front line and the Grizz have so much athleticism. To be honest? I'm hoping for a loss. I'm hoping that there's eventually one of these games that ends up being the straw that broke the camel's back and forces Petrie to do something.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Kings/Grizzlies gamethread

Hopefully, we won't be going against pau anymore and play with him instead in a few weeks...

He's always a joy to watch. I'm also dying to see how mike miller manages to put up the stats he does. Especially the 4 apg.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

How are we going to rebuild with Pau Gasol? That's the whole reason he's unhappy with Memphis. I don't think we'd win a chip with him and we might have to give up Martin in a deal for him.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
http://www.nba.com/games/20070129/SACMEM/preview.html

@

Well I'm honestly not sure if this is a loss or win. Chucky Atkins is a bit of a scoring PG and those always kill Bibby. Gasol should have fun inside against our pathetic front line and the Grizz have so much athleticism. To be honest? I'm hoping for a loss. I'm hoping that there's eventually one of these games that ends up being the straw that broke the camel's back and forces Petrie to do something.

Looks like you got your wish tonight. Gasol torched the Kings tonight
shooting 82% with 34 pts. Yikes.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
How are we going to rebuild with Pau Gasol? That's the whole reason he's unhappy with Memphis. I don't think we'd win a chip with him and we might have to give up Martin in a deal for him.
Nah, Bibby + SAR (or Miller) + Corliss (expiring) for Pau and a scrub. Bibby would help them in their run and gun offense, and we know he can pass and shoot the ball. SAR can play inside, or if they want Miller to spread the floor that might work too. Miller is a great passer and could help set up Mike Miller. They take Corliss who's contract is up which frees cap space and they will get a good pick because of their horrible record. Throw in a scrub for salary matches, maybe Eddie Jones who they want to buy out anyway.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: