Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

Default who do you hope Dallas trades for?

trade deadline approaching in a month or so.

who do you hope Dallas goes after, if anyone?
I would like to see them go after a better backup PF. I know Croshere is in final year of contract and it will help out financially, but he's not offfering anything on the court.

also, Anthony Johnson just hasn't fit in.

I personally don't think Dallas will make a move, but I'd like to see something done with both of these guys.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
soog
I brick open layups

I expect AJ to stay with the team. Despite his lack of contribution to the team, I believe we'll see, although maybe not directly, his contribution in the playoffs. When Harris loses his composure in a few games in the playoffs he'll come in, calm things down, and make some hard fouls.

For Croshere, at the beginning of the season, I fully expected him to be moved because his expiring contract makes him a lot more valuable than he can possibly provide on or off the court. Although the mavs may keep him with this new attitude of monetary conservation cuban seems to come under.

As far as who I'd want in their place.... well no one comes to mind. Detroit is big man heavy with the signing of Webber so we could possibly see something there. I think the only thing we really need is a low post scoring presence, which I dont think we could get for Croshere.

With all that being said, I hate to say it but I see us doing nothing and getting closer to the cap at the end of the season. This would at least give cuban a bit more pocket book space for any future contract negotiations with current players.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
d_white089
Let's Go.....

the mavs have lost 8 games and are clicking on all cylinders..why would u make any trade at all to risk problems with chemistry
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

from a mavs fan point of view I would go after Bynum.

I know that the mavs need a center that can defend like Diop and Dampier but Bynum can do that and score the ball well too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
from a mavs fan point of view I would go after Bynum.

I know that the mavs need a center that can defend like Diop and Dampier but Bynum can do that and score the ball well too.

What are you doing getting rid of bynum!!!

(not sure he can defend like those 2 yet tho)
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: