Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Favorite Documentaries?

Grizzly Man
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I've mentioned it before, but WWII in Colour is the best WW2 documentary I've ever seen. Since WW2 is very interesting, I recommend it.

It'll take about 12 hours of your life though, but worth it:

1/13 The Gathering Storm
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Waltz with Bashir was really good.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Theres a Lil Wayne documentary i watched on youtube the other day which was pretty interesting. Dude is a straight up junkie.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Theres a Lil Wayne documentary i watched on youtube the other day which was pretty interesting. Dude is a straight up junkie.

Yea that's actually a pretty good documentary. I love how they end it. It was pretty fascinating to see dude's lifestyle just gettin f ucked up on the bus and in the hotel, seemed very detached and kinda pathetic

I'll also reietrate the fact that there are FAR too many threads on this same exact subject
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Cocaine Cowboys
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Man on Wire
Exit Through the Gift Shop
The Thin Blue

I haven't seen Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, but I saw a show about what happened, and it's pretty ****ed up.

All of these are excellent. King of Kong is very entertaining, but probably plays some tricks with what actually happened.

The Thin Blue Line is fantastic as are virtually all Errol Morris's Documentaries.
He's developed a great visual style as well. His commercials for Full Tilt Poker are among the best on TV.

I particularly recommend

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara
Great and Philosophical Subject put under the lens by a Great and Philosophical Filmmaker.

Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr. This is a movie that start of as look at a wierdo who is sort of likeable and then switches to become something much bigger.

A Brief History of Time
The Thin Blue Line Actually got a guy off Death Row. The guy ended up suing the filmmakers for royalties. Life is wonderful, ain't it.
Gates of Heaven Such a weird wonderful movie. The great director, Werner Herzog, who made the aforementioned Grizzly Man (amazing) actually ate his shoe at the premiere of this movie. And Les Blank Made this movie about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6rUo7Htso

Morris met Herzog as a film student and they became friendly and he kept talking about this movie, Gates of Heaven, he was going to make about the pet cemetary business. Herzog got tired of hearing him just talk about it and not do it and said, "If you ever make a movie, I'll eat my shoe." And he kept his promise.

Another philosophical filmmaker is Charles Ferguson.

Inside Job his take on the Financial Crisis

No End in Sight
Amply and viscerally documents the many failures of planning and strategy of what to do in Iraq once we got there. You'll never look at Donald Rumsfeld again without wanting to throttle him after hearing the actual boots and suits on the ground talk about dealing with the fantasies coming out of Washington. It's fantastic in how it covers a vast amount of material in a very clear way, because each part of the film seeks to answer a particular big question about the way. It's kind of a miracle of structuring.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hell House is a fantastic documentary that wonderful for several things. First, I had no idea what a hell house was when I saw this movie.

It's about these "Haunted Houses" that certain Churches put around Halloween. Where each room in the house, has a different little scene staged, and each scene is intended to scare you about sin. So that part is really interesting.

Secondly, these haunted houses are a big production, with actors and professional lighting and every kid (and adult) in town wants to be a part of it. So it has this "let's put on show aspect to it." There's one part where a single father and his daughter are trying out for the show and he doesn't get the part of the husband whose wife cheated on him and left him (which is probably based on his life!)

Thirdly, the movie is directed in such a way that you would like it if you were a member of this church or if were a skeptical outsider like me. There's no narration and they just play scenes as they occur with obvious directorial judgement.

Fourthly, I got see a bunch of people speaking in tongues. My favorite scene takes place in a Christian Department Store (who knew!). The preacher has gathered everyone together to explain why they do this. That everyone might think this is fun and games and chance to playact, but it's deadly serious and they are there to save souls. He is giving this speech in front of a teenage rock band, they kind of noodling on their instruments a bit. The preacher starts talking about fighting Satan over the souls of the lost. He tells them to break into groups to pray. Then the band picks up a bit and by the time the drummer kicks in a minute later the whole room is freaking out.
It's here at 52:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbhQs...eature=related

Welcome to Texas, Milwad.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 06-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: