Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Star Wars 1313

looks like uncharted set in some star wars shit, could be interesting

http://youtu.be/ksXViBQLCd8
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Star Wars 1313

Yeah. A little Uncharted, a little Mass Effect...

I hear this might be the most visually impressive game yet, but this title bugs me still. Apparently there's going to be no Jedi or force influence of any kind in this game. You are a bounty hunter we've never really heard before, playing in a seedy city we've never seen before. And you'll never encounter any Sith or Jedi. So I'm thinking: Why is this a Star Wars game? It's like making a detective game set in Gotham City, but without any superhero/villains.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yeah. A little Uncharted, a little Mass Effect...

I hear this might be the most visually impressive game yet, but this title bugs me still. Apparently there's going to be no Jedi or force influence of any kind in this game. You are a bounty hunter we've never really heard before, playing in a seedy city we've never seen before. And you'll never encounter any Sith or Jedi. So I'm thinking: Why is this a Star Wars game? It's like making a detective game set in Gotham City, but without any superhero/villains.
I thought it was supposed to be set on Coruscant on the lower levels? And that was the explanation of the game title, or did the info change at E3?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah it's in coruscant so hardly a place we've never seen before considering 90% of the EU Star wars stuff takes place around Coruscant. They also didn't say no force at all from what i read, just that the main character isn't force sensitive. Doesn't rule out you hunting down a jedi or two in the story but it won't focus on that kind of thing. It looks like it is going to be an awesome game. It's said to be dark and gritty and will be rated for adults and will show the underworld of the star wars universe. LJJ doesn't have a clue with his post.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Yeah it's in coruscant so hardly a place we've never seen before considering 90% of the EU Star wars stuff takes place around Coruscant. They also didn't say no force at all from what i read, just that the main character isn't force sensitive. Doesn't rule out you hunting down a jedi or two in the story but it won't focus on that kind of thing. It looks like it is going to be an awesome game. It's said to be dark and gritty and will be rated for adults and will show the underworld of the star wars universe. LJJ doesn't have a clue with his post.
I'm pretty sure I saw a screenshot from someone at E3 and the character was carrying a lightsaber. How cool would a mission be where you have to kill a Jedi, and then get to take his lightsaber and **** up someone with it?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Oh **** that does look badass! I agree with the Mass Effect comparison. Is it a full scale RPG/Action like that? Or just a shooter?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Oh **** that does look badass! I agree with the Mass Effect comparison. Is it a full scale RPG/Action like that? Or just a shooter?
Nothing's really been released except right now it runs on Unreal Engine 3, and that the demo was on a PC. that's about it really.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak

It's on Coruscant, but on a part of Coruscant we've never ever seen before. So it's only Coruscant by name really, could have been given any other name and you wouldn't have known the difference.

And the Giantbomb guys were talking last night about how there is no force or jedi at all in the game. They usually know what they are talking about, so I'll take their word over yours.

But yeah, "dark and gritty". The magic words.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember they made a bounty hunter game on the PS2 that was pretty neat. Not Bobbo Fett, but his Dad who was in the prequels. Repetitive, but entertaining enough. I don't recall their being Jedi or Sith in that, it can work if it's got decent gameplay and a good story.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, not really interested in playing a Star Wars game where I don't get to rip shit up as a Jedi.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I remember they made a bounty hunter game on the PS2 that was pretty neat. Not Bobbo Fett, but his Dad who was in the prequels. Repetitive, but entertaining enough. I don't recall their being Jedi or Sith in that, it can work if it's got decent gameplay and a good story.

Jango Fett.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, not really interested in playing a Star Wars game where I don't get to rip shit up as a Jedi.

Agreed... You gotta at least have some force sensitivity or some light sabers... Something

I'll be on it if they tell me there are some jedi or sith involved..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #13
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks terrible because third person.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's on Coruscant, but on a part of Coruscant we've never ever seen before. So it's only Coruscant by name really, could have been given any other name and you wouldn't have known the difference.

And the Giantbomb guys were talking last night about how there is no force or jedi at all in the game. They usually know what they are talking about, so I'll take their word over yours.

But yeah, "dark and gritty". The magic words.

The Setting. Coruscant. It's a lazy way to attract a wider customer base by shoving it into Star Wars lore. But, that doesn't bother me. The vid Al Thornton linked looks like it's right in my wheelhouse. I don't mind the absence 0of force mechanics either. After the massively disappointing TFU experience, I may have skipped over this.

Still, I agree with the point you're making(I think). LucasArts trying to resuscitate themselves by funneling all creative ideas into the Star Wars machine. If the game was simply titled 1313, my interest level would be the same. However, it wouldn't get the exposure.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
The Setting. Coruscant. It's a lazy way to attract a wider customer base by shoving it into Star Wars lore. But, that doesn't bother me. The vid Al Thornton linked looks like it's right in my wheelhouse. I don't mind the absence 0of force mechanics either. After the massively disappointing TFU experience, I may have skipped over this.

Still, I agree with the point you're making(I think). LucasArts trying to resuscitate themselves by funneling all creative ideas into the Star Wars machine. If the game was simply titled 1313, my interest level would be the same. However, it wouldn't get the exposure.
On that note, they should really crank out the titles people would rather see and take their time, so they can make something that works. Most people I know want a battlefield 3, and more importantly if you played either of the first two, you want the third KOTOR. Hell, even a continuation or a completely new republic commando wouldn't be bad at this point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: