Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #76
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Shopping 8th Overall Pick for Established Small Forward

Yes.. give BC two more years of 8th picks and THEN we'll be a championship contending team. Hold on while I put my tooth under the pillow and wait for the toothfairy to give me my money.

*waits*

And, when I say we've been rebuilding, I don't mean that BC has intentionally decided that we are rebuilding, that did indeed only happened after Bosh left. BUT in 7 seasons he's been here we've had 4 lottery picks already and only 2 playoff appearances. So obviously what has been tried isn't working. It doesn't matter if you're tough and gritty if you don't have talent. Ibaka/Westbrook/Durant/Harden took their lumps but that is a LEGIT core. Our core isn't.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #77
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How about just having one legit core piece like a Kyrie Irving or Kevin Love? That would be a nice start. I'm hoping Valanciunas can be something close to that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #78
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
How about just having one legit core piece like a Kyrie Irving or Kevin Love? That would be a nice start. I'm hoping Valanciunas can be something close to that.
Ok fair enough. I guess that's where we differ significantly. I love Val and I think he will be a hard worker and a fan favorite, but I don't see him as a guy with all-star/superstar potential. I hope i'm proven wrong.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #79
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ok fair enough. I guess that's where we differ significantly. I love Val and I think he will be a hard worker and a fan favorite, but I don't see him as a guy with all-star/superstar potential. I hope i'm proven wrong.
Oh me neither. What I hope will happen and what is most likely to happen are two different things. Reasonably, I put Valanciunas' peak as a borderline All-Star. Maybe makes the team legitimately once or twice in his career. I'd be thrilled with that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #80
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Yes.. give BC two more years of 8th picks and THEN we'll be a championship contending team. Hold on while I put my tooth under the pillow and wait for the toothfairy to give me my money.

*waits*

And, when I say we've been rebuilding, I don't mean that BC has intentionally decided that we are rebuilding, that did indeed only happened after Bosh left. BUT in 7 seasons he's been here we've had 4 lottery picks already and only 2 playoff appearances. So obviously what has been tried isn't working. It doesn't matter if you're tough and gritty if you don't have talent. Ibaka/Westbrook/Durant/Harden took their lumps but that is a LEGIT core. Our core isn't.

You're right. Better he trades the pick for Luol Deng and signs a border line fa so we sneak into the playoffs and then BC gets a 3 year extension.

I'd prefer him to have another losing season and finally be shown the door.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #81
bokes15
Playoffs!

It'd of course have to be someone greater than Luol Deng for it to be worth it. But anyways, agree to disagree, this isn't going anywhere.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #82
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
It'd of course have to be someone greater than Luol Deng for it to be worth it. But anyways, agree to disagree, this isn't going anywhere.

Even if it were rudy gay (who they would never trade for 8) still the same situation. The point is; if BC has 2 more years of lottery it will be the end of his rein, which is the best case for the franchise.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: