Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #46
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Auto geeks: A5 or 335 convertible...

I think I'm getting the Audi. the bmw is a nice car no doubt, but almost half of my friends have one. I'm so sick of seeing them. I only know a few people with audis.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #47
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
I think I'm getting the Audi. the bmw is a nice car no doubt, but almost half of my friends have one. I'm so sick of seeing them. I only know a few people with audis.
the bmw is the better car tho
also have looked at the c-class coupe that's a good car as well, if you like the looks
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #48
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Only edge for Audi is the Quattro AWD system which pretty much makes it impossible to lose control with good tires. Outside of that man.... take the BMW. More luxary, significantly more power, more classy. The A5 is an anemic V6 with like 200 horses. My 91 Trans Am has like 60 more horse and 120+ more torque stock . It's just too damn weak for the price IMO.

These cars do handle incredibly which makes them much more fun to drive than one would think for their somewhat limited power. My brother had one a few years back, and I'm sure the newer ones are even better. But I gotta say, if something goes wrong, it's nothing short of a goddamned ****ing nightmare. You may as well throw the thing out and buy a new one. The quad suspension is just a nightmare to work on. Expensive as hell. And even the best at it with as much as you're going to pay them can't get the allignment back to it's original spec.

Because of what I saw with that, I'd never buy one myself.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #49
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
I can't believe someone would rather have a Mustang than those two cars listed. A Mustang?

I drove the new Mustang on an 8 hour trip back and forth, 16 hours total. I hated every second of it. Horrible seats and a shitty car. It has ok power, but the ride, options, interior, ergonomics, and everything else sucks. Big engine on a shitty car.

Audis are sweet cars. The S5 has the power. The regular A5 is beautiful and much more refined and luxurious than the Beema.

As far as straight driving goes, nothing comes close to a BMW. NOTHING. They really are the best drivers' cars.

Best overall cars are Benzes. The feeling you get riding in a Benz is like no other vehicle.

i agree, i hate Mustangs too, but i can only judge them by the pre 2006 models(had an 2004GT). i think i've bitched about them here before. i generally don't like american cars unless they're trucks.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i agree, i hate Mustangs too, but i can only judge them by the pre 2006 models(had an 2004GT). i think i've bitched about them here before. i generally don't like american cars unless they're trucks.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #51
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos

ford f series are good trucks/vans. so are a lot of the GM work vans. i see more of those around than any others and they hold up well....american small cars are more or less shit imo.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rezznor is a hipster car shopper. "I had an Audi way before any of my friends did."
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #53
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

The only brands you can skip a brand new BMW (especially of that 335 caliber) with is something like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugati, Porsche and maybe Merc-Benz depending on model.....

I dont know how your taste goes, but between BMW, Merc-Benz and Audi... its BMW/Merc which come up on top.... driving those cars gives a more special feeling and joy than compared to Audi (which is also very very good, but not exactly up there or over BMW/Merc-Benz)

Last edited by pauk : 06-08-2012 at 01:04 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #54
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
the bmw is the better car tho
also have looked at the c-class coupe that's a good car as well, if you like the looks
Yea, I drove one. It feels so damn heavy and slow. I wouldn't mind a cls though
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #55
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

335 coupe no question.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #56
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
ford f series are good trucks/vans. so are a lot of the GM work vans. i see more of those around than any others and they hold up well....american small cars are more or less shit imo.

I understand where you are coming from but it was just a funny typo.

"i generally don't like american cars unless they're trucks."

RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #57
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

335 is a better car all around than the A5. A5 is comparable to the 328. If you're talking S5 or 335 then I say go with the S5.

I think you should wait another year for the new model F32 335 coupe.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #58
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Reznor you'll regret the decision forever man. You're passing up a twin turbo, RWD, even classier car for what? A unique look and more rare car? Comon man, be practical! More power, more features, less problems, more well rounded. I know personally after having a few 300+ WHP cars... I will never return to a shitty car.

Currently my car isn't fast but it has potential... and with just 2-3k I can make it run 12's probably.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #59
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Reznor you'll regret the decision forever man. You're passing up a twin turbo, RWD, even classier car for what? A unique look and more rare car? Comon man, be practical! More power, more features, less problems, more well rounded. I know personally after having a few 300+ WHP cars... I will never return to a shitty car.

Currently my car isn't fast but it has potential... and with just 2-3k I can make it run 12's probably.

Not sure about lesser problems. I own a 335 right now and my fuel pump died twice already (this is the biggest issue with the N54 335 engines). I'm just glad BMW has great free maintenance and warranty.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta
Not sure about lesser problems. I own a 335 right now and my fuel pump died twice already (this is the biggest issue with the N54 335 engines). I'm just glad BMW has great free maintenance and warranty.

Audi's are notorious for electrical problems. Which in the end are FAR more pricey and harder to fix/diagnose than a bad fuel pump which is considered a minor repair. Neither are Subaru or Honda level reliable but BMW is more reliable from what I know. Either way.... if I was in this situation I'd go with Beamer without even thinking twice.

I love certain Audi's.... but not the A5. Now if he's talking... S5.... I'd take that over a BMW any day. The S5 is a ****ing beast mode v8 with 400+ hp. Those are 52k though so it's off topic for me to talk about. I'm always looking for bang for the buck and the 335i I has significantly more bang for the buck in my eyes. Top notch warranty as you mentioned, more features, significantly more power. As I said... the ultimate balance in a vehicle is a 50/50 weight split, RWD and turbo/turbos.... all of which the 335 have. Not to mention it still gets very solid gas mileage with all of that weight and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNG-47Wg0k

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 06-08-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: