Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #16
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

I started watching tennis a few years ago. It is my second fav sport to watch after basketball

Safin and Roddick are two of the most entertaining tennis players to watch when they are on their games. Both have huge serves and play with a lot of emotion.

Tennis announcers are generally very good too... McEnroe is the man
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love the sport. Got into it a few years ago, and haven't looked back. I need to find some better competition though, as I've been creaming my old man everytime we go play.

Quote:
McEnroe is the man

Truest. Stement. Ever.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #18
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Blake and Ginepri had a nice match last night. Looks more lopsided in the final results than it really was (Blake in 3 sets, 7-6, 7-5, 6-2). That second set had some long games that almost felt like whole sets and once they got into the 3rd set Ginepri had lost hope.

Also, I was in Target yesterday and ended up looking at tennis stuff. Got me a racket and a dozen balls, but I was wondering if there is any huge difference from one racket to the next (for a beginner anyway). They only had like 3 types to choose from and they all ranged from like 11.99 to 19.99. I went with the most expensive just to be safe. It's this one: Link

Last edited by ClutchCityReturns : 01-21-2007 at 01:27 AM.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
It's this one: Link
If it is in any way associated with Roger Federer, it should be incredible...

Expect to consistently have opponents at your mercy playing with that racket

Last edited by NYKnicks914 : 01-21-2007 at 12:37 PM.
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Awesome sport, i used to love playing..not so much anymore.

Shame no Australians are doing any good in the Open though
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #21
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

clutch you should probably get a light one or a hammerhead or the head S7.10 or something like that. I have a couple of those hanging on my wall (granted they are broken from getting pissed).

Ya just be careful when you play tennis. It is 90% mental and you can get pissed off VERY easily.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo 3
tennis > wnba

u know what i mean

ahaha, i got you.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone catch the Roddick match today? Was pretty good, I thought he was going to blow it. Ancic's forhand was killer today.

Should be a good finish, with most of the big names still in it. Roddick and Federer are both definately through, and Nalbandian, Murray, Nadal, and Blake are still in it. Really want to see a Blake and Nadal matchup, and it'll probably happen, looking at the bracket.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Anyone catch the Roddick match today? Was pretty good, I thought he was going to blow it. Ancic's forhand was killer today.

Should be a good finish, with most of the big names still in it. Roddick and Federer are both definately through, and Nalbandian, Murray, Nadal, and Blake are still in it. Really want to see a Blake and Nadal matchup, and it'll probably happen, looking at the bracket.

When can I catch the next round of matches? I've just been stumbling on them late at night on ESPN by chance.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
When can I catch the next round of matches? I've just been stumbling on them late at night on ESPN by chance.

I honestly have no clue. I don't really care enough to actually look up when matches are on (unless it's a REALLY good match). I just check in every once in a while, to see if it's on. Normally late at night though on weekdays, and afternoon on weekends. Best bet would be to just go to the AO website, or ESPN.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: