Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is your favorite movie director/writer of all time?

I don't have a favorite, but David Fincher came to mind. Seven and Fight Club are two of my favorites.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mmm... Spielberg I suppose.

If I were to like take movies I love and categorize them by director he'd have the most I would wager.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Malick. His movies effect me far more than any other director.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
My favorite is Akira Kurosawa.

Other I really like are Woody Allen, Scorsese, Coen Brothers, John Ford, Howard Hawks.

Those last two are blasts from the past and I'm going to throw out another name for you old time film fans, Preston Sturges.

He's not too well known, but he made about 7 comedies in a run that will stand up with any ever made.

The Coen Brothers are gigantic fans of his. The Hudsucker Proxies is their attempt at a Preston Sturges movie and Oh, Brother Where Art Thou is literally taken from one of his movies.

And a producer can be a creative force on a film, anyone whose worked in films knows the auteur theory only applies to a very small number of directors.

can= rarely

im not even talking about auteur theory. if a film is of quality it is generally because the director was the driving force behind it, film form neccesitates that. film making by comitee/studio manufactured cinema is the only place that producers have a strong influence and its generally negative. having said that, i firmly believe that film is collaborative. i think alot of the time people missunderstand auteur theory and think it rejects collaboration.

hmm, that sounds a bit contradictory...
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does he have to also be a writer? If not, I'd say Hitchcock is my straight up favorite director, but for director/writer, then I'd say Kurosawa and Chaplin.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #21
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Peter Jackson
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #22
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PT Anderson says **** all of you.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #23
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

Tarantino
David Fincher
Peter Jackson
Robert Rodriguez
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

of guys not yet mentioned, danny boyle
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like PT Anderson, David Fincher, Aronofsky, Del Toro, Nolan, Tarantino, Cronenburg.

Art is too versatile to have a singular favorite, we aren't talking basketball players here
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Guess Aronofksy would probably my favorite. Cronenberg,Scorsese, Fincher would all be up there as well.

Tony Kaye is another dude I really like but hasn't really done enough. He had all that drama with American History X that probably really hurt his career. Just watched Detachment which was an awesome movie and American History X is one of my All-Time favorites. Had another movie in production that I'll look forward to seeing.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: