Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
Connor B
High School Starter

Default Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

Those are the 3 most important accolades any given player can have, in my opinion. The latter represents Lebron's resume if the Heat were to 3-peat, while the latter represents Kobe's current resume.

We can argue about skill, killer instinct, clutch factor, etc. for hours but in the end that's pretty subjective.

What we do have in concrete is accolades.

So, based on that,

Which is better? I want a mature discussion. I am not a stan of either player. My instincts tell me Lebron's accolade line would be better. But I can be convinced otherwise.

I want to hear honest and mature opinions on this, because this will obviously be a very big argument going forward in terms of where to place these two players all time.

I am going to sit back and listen and I will read through all your posts even if they are long.
Connor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 AM   #2
Fudge
Banned

Default Re: Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

You're seriously asking for a mature discussion of LeBron and Kobe?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
IncarceratedBob
n/a

Default Re: Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

How is this even a question?

More rings as the clear leader, more MVPs, better overall stats.

Kobe is a good player but LeBron is clearly better.

No disrespect to Kobe fans but dudes been overrated his entire career. His stats are nice but nothing amazing (poor mans MJ).
IncarceratedBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #4
Im Still Ballin
Paleo, the way to go!

3 rings 3 fmvps 4 mvps is better to be fair and honest.
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:45 AM   #5
Im Still Ballin
Paleo, the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
You're seriously asking for a mature discussion of LeBron and Kobe?

get the fvck outta here with your instigating trash talk
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #6
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

You're asking for a bit much here, considering this is ISH
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #7
Black Mamba's B
Decent playground baller

Bron has an impressive resume as does Kobe. Kobe should have more mvp awards than 1. Bron could or should arguably have more rings. You won't get a mature discussion out of this thread. And maybe we should wait till they both retire, this topic has been beaten to death already
Black Mamba's B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #8
IncarceratedBob
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
get the fvck outta here with your instigating trash talk
Why are you so hostile? Chill bro.

At the end of the day the name of the game is winning rings, 5 vs 3. This is elementary son.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #9
ThatCoolKid
All washed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
How is this even a question?

More rings as the clear leader, more MVPs, better overall stats.

Kobe is a good player but LeBron is clearly better.

No disrespect to Kobe fans but dudes been overrated his entire career. His stats are nice but nothing amazing (poor mans MJ).

I respect your opinion, but must voice my descent with your sentiments. While Lebron may have good statlines and knows how to stroke the egos of his teamates, Kobe is a true alpha who has the balls to take the shot at the culmination of basketball, and is a wolf amongst puppies. Puppies get victimized and whine like Lebron, wolves feast like kobe. Kobe may be forgotten, but his time will come again.
ThatCoolKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
IncarceratedBob
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
I respect your opinion, but must voice my descent with your sentiments. While Lebron may have good statlines and knows how to stroke the egos of his teamates, Kobe is a true alpha who has the balls to take the shot at the culmination of basketball, and is a wolf amongst puppies. Puppies get victimized and whine like Lebron, wolves feast like kobe. Kobe may be forgotten, but his time will come again.
Yes you're right. I just realized that LeBron couldn't get any of his team accolades without two Hall of Famers at his flank. It's quite sad that he couldn't win in Cleveland after promising it. Kobe promised that he would take the Lakers back to promised land if they chose him over Shaq and he delivered.

Kobe is undoubtedly more impressive than LeBron James. LeBron colluded with other stars to earn his hardware. Kobe colluded with hard work and determination.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #11
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Quote:
Why are you so hostile? Chill bro.

At the end of the day the name of the game is winning rings, 5 vs 3. This is elementary son.
Horry > Jordan
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #12
IncarceratedBob
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
Horry > Jordan
Spoken like a child. Please go castrate yourself.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
Yes you're right. I just realized that LeBron couldn't get any of his team accolades without two Hall of Famers at his flank. It's quite sad that he couldn't win in Cleveland after promising it. Kobe promised that he would take the Lakers back to promised land if they chose him over Shaq and he delivered.

Kobe is undoubtedly more impressive than LeBron James. LeBron colluded with other stars to earn his hardware. Kobe colluded with hard work and determination.
Irrational Lebron stans are gonna tell you about Kobe being carried by Shaq and a dominant frontcourt of Gasol/Odom/Bynum, so...yeah unfortunately it cuts both ways.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #14
Keno
Good college starter

three rings as the main option, with four mvps vs. two rings as the main option and one mvp that doesn't even belong to him. i'll let you decide.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #15
Im Still Ballin
Paleo, the way to go!

Quote:
Spoken like a child. Please go castrate yourself.

snitch.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: