Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Arrow Lowry, KG, Odom and Hamilton to the Lakers?

Here's how it happens:

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake, 2012 60th pick
Receive: Lowry, Hamilton, Dalembert (expirer)

Bulls send: 2012 29th pick, Hamilton, Brewer
Receive: Martin, Laker's 2012 60th pick

Rockets send: Lowry, Martin, Dalembert
Receive: Gasol, Brewer, Blake, Bull's 2012 29th pick

Bulls upgrade at 2 from Rip to Martin (17 ppg last year). Sign JR Smith and Hinrich for vet min. Resign Asik and Watson.
Rockets let Lowry go to pay Dragic, get rid of Martin's contract and pick up another 1st rounder. Resign Lee and Camby.
Kobe convinces KG/Odom to sign with the Lakers. Lakers resign Hill, Sessions, Ebanks, and Barnes.

Rockets:
PG: Dragic/Blake
SG: Brewer/Lee
SF: Parsons/Budinger
PF: Scola/Patterson
C: Gasol/Camby

Bulls:
PG: Rose/Watson/Hinrich
SG: Martin/Smith/Butler
SF: Deng/Korver
PF: Boozer/Gibson
C: Noah/Asik

Lakers:
PG: Lowry/Sessions/Goudelock
SG: Bryant/Hamilton/Barnes
SF: MWP/Ebanks
PF: KG/Odom
C: Bynum/Hill

Lowry/KG would make a nice pick n roll combo since KG is a great screener and midrange shooter while Lowry himself is a great penetrator and excellent shooter. Lowry also doesn't need the ball in his hands all of the time to be effective. He's probably the best PG with the lowest usage rate in the league. Lowry is also capable of guarding Westbrook/Cp3.

KG should address the Laker's weakness in defending pick n rolls which Gasol was so bad at last season. Even at his age, you won't find a better screen n roll and help defender than Kevin Garnett. Plus KG's perimeter game, which Gasol had been relegated too last season, fits with Bynum more.

Odom brings back LA showtime and duly needed bench production. Rip can use Hill/Odom/Ebanks screens to score with his midrange game. Lakers finally get a 2 guard that can play 20 minutes a night to spell Kobe that extra rest and prolong his career. With Lowry, this pushes Sessions back to his natural bench role where he has put up 11pts/6asts for the past 5 years.

With payroll concerns of the new CBA, Lakers can waive Dalembert 7 mill team option before season, ship McRoberts (expirer)/Eyenga off to some team for cash + future 2nd round pick taking total of 11 mill off the books and having team salary for 2012-13 set to 76 mill vs. 86 mill last season. So basically they shave 10 mill in salary and become a better team.

So what do you guys think? Would you be happy with the Laker team if this all went down? Discuss.

Last edited by BallsOut : 06-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lowry, KG, Odom and Hamilton to the Lakers?

This is a very practical deal. The only question is, will Houston still be willing to take on Pau after his performance, which has been on the decline for about 2 seasons now?

But I think it helps us in both ways. We get Lowry, duh...and we strengthen our bench with the addition of rip, I don't care how old he is. He'd be a huge upgrade. Dalembert would probably be bought out. I don't see how we can use Dalembert with Bynum and Jordan Hill at the center. That would still save money though.

The other teams get good fair offers in return.

Not bad Ballsout!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Congrats you have done what the Rockets have avoided becoming for the last 4 years. You've turned them into a Tax Team.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.

I really don't like this trade to be honest.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
I really don't like this trade to be honest.

We get a better PG where we can move ramon to the bench, and we get another bench scorer. Pau Gasol can't really fill in our needs anymore. Might as well give him away for an upcoming star.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
We get a better PG where we can move ramon to the bench, and we get another bench scorer. Pau Gasol can't really fill in our needs anymore. Might as well give him away for an upcoming star.

Session:

what do you mean better pg??? Sessions has speed and is smart but our dumb coach took away that and asked him to literally walk the ball up & be a spot up shooter....no matter what PG you bring its upto the coaches to utilize him to his strengths...

Pau Gasol:

just because our coach doesnt know how to use him ....doesnt mean his value has gown down so much. Gasol needs to in the post and play from there and not in the high post. He will still get you 20/10/4 any day if you put him there. thats why Mchale is dying to have him on his team...cause he sees what gasol can bring to the table even now. So his struggles in this years playoffs were on him and also the coach. I remember an article where he said he doesnt know what his role is on the team... thats coach's job

RIP Hamilton

I am not willing to pay 10mil dollars for RIP to come off the bench (5+5luc tax). I would prefer to go young at that position. Brendan rush, dorell wright, josh howard...etc

Dalembert:

waiving Sam D is not a good idea when he is an expiring contract...we could try to get something at the deadline...

KG & Odom:

KG is going to retire or atleast thats what I have heard...so I am not counting on Kg or even Odom to come back and play for Vet min

we can get much more for Pau then Lowry/hamilton/sam d
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

what??? is it some kind of charity or what?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Congrats you have done what the Rockets have avoided becoming for the last 4 years. You've turned them into a Tax Team.

No I haven't. The team salary sums up to 52 mill without resigning Lee and Camby. I assume Lee will get somewhere in the full MLE and Camby a veteran's minimum. They'll be right at or below it after signing both players.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
No I haven't. The team salary sums up to 52 mill without resigning Lee and Camby. I assume Lee will get somewhere in the full MLE and Camby a veteran's minimum. They'll be right at or below it after signing both players.
You didn't take the 30 million in cap holds into account. That's the problem with using the trade machine. It allows you to make trades that can't actually be done.

Last edited by BØBØ : 06-12-2012 at 12:18 AM.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
You didn't take the 30 million in cap holds into account. That's the problem with using the trade machine. It allows you to make trades that can't actually be done.

What does 30 million in cap holds mean? I simply added up the sum of each of the player's salaries and it totaled around 58 mill (which is the cap limit) I think.

I guess I left out how much they would offer Dragic so they may indeed be over the cap. I suppose then Brewer could come to LA instead to make it work.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

PG: Lowry/Sessions/Goudelock
SG: Bryant/Hamilton
SF: MWP/Ebanks/Barnes
PF: KG/Odom
C: Bynum/Hill

Would be so happy if that was the Lakers team next season
Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

I like it if odom is a guarantee.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: