Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your fav beers?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

funny you mention stella...i'm actually drinking one right now. i know it has a reputation as a 'girly' drink but it's ok i guess. i don't think i'd buy it myself but i've certainly had worse beers.

Doesn't have that reputation here.
I like Karmeliet, La Chouffe, Westmalle Trippel.
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Since we're posting pictures and whatnot.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, this is really my most fav beer by far...if you can get it. Westvleteren 12.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #23
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ok, this is really my most fav beer by far...if you can get it. Westvleteren 12.

Have yet to try one, you can only get them directly from the abbey and it's a hustle.
It is the most prestigious beer in Belgium.
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yuengling is my go-to beer so I guess that makes it my favorite.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #25
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Danger
Have yet to try one, you can only get them directly from the abbey and it's a hustle.

Cousin is in Spain right now and went to Belgium and toured the brewery... Also bought a shit ton of their beer. I think a 6 pack of the stuff was like 50 euros or something but sells for like 150-200 bucks here.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Danger

You are absolutely correct and I am glad to know someone else here knows of this wonderful beer... I have been able to get it black market in the past at stupid prices.. but it was worth it.

There will be a special limited edition gift set that will ship to the United States very soon... search on "westvleteren" and "shelton brothers" if you are interested.

I am sure those gift packs will go fast! I think they will go for around $85 each.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #27
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

Pliny the Younger
Pliny the Elder
Sierra Nevada Extra IPA
My Blueblossom IPA
My California MUD

In any order really... people who truly enjoy beer will try to perfect their own.
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #29
eppelp
I brick open layups

eppelp has decent reputationeppelp has decent reputation

eppelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #30
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

bump...

so they opened up a bev mo here. stoked. signed up for a card and all that shit. you know the score.

spent maybe a half hour in there and that was almost exclusively just looking at beers. by far the best selection in town. slightly disappointed they didn't have more imports but it'll keep me interested nonetheless. couple cool names...raging bitch and ass kisser, which was a porter. there was an asian guy there that was almost pacing back and forth/doing laps around the store trying to be of help. i kind of wished i could help the poor guy relax a bit but i've been there so ya.

being as i'm in cali, it's really heavy in carrying cali craft brews. ales are really taking off here, which is totally fine by me. i picked up a pinot noir and jim beam too but let's get going on some of my beer pickups.

that's it. this beer might have solidified stone brewing as my favorite brewing company. just another slam dunk. this had a frothy head. it kind of has a sweet malty forefront but that aftertaste has some hoppy kick to it. you can definitely feel the alcohol heat as well. at 11.2%, a couple of pints of this will get you well on your way.

the only thing i didn't quite like about this was the heavy carbonation. this thing is filling...like i just ate a meal with lots of bread/biscuits filling. not quite sure i like it more than the original because of this and the fact it seems to not have the same 'character'. i mean, this shit is really good and is just another well rounded beer but the original AB is slightly more palatable imo.

totally got this because of the recommendations in this thread. been on my radar since

really smooth IPA. solid all around with hints of caramel and citrus. not too strong in that area though as the hops really take over. i don't know if you would call this traditional or whatever but ya...just a solid IPA and one of my favorites.

not sure why the head in most these pictures seem to be so thick. i poured slow at a 45 degree angle and my head was not even an inch. anyway, this had a thin head with plenty of carbonation. full bodied mouthfeel....the liquid itself just felt thick and the lacing was intense. one side of my glass had lacing on the whole side when i finished. citrus smell and i got a bit of tangerine taste. i like this one a little more than the IPA. this is incredibly drinkable and refreshing for a 7.5% ABV. it also just seems to avoid that super 'dry' feel when you drink many ales so don't get too carried away. its' really not that bitter at all for a 7.5%. she's a keeper

yet another selection because of you fine gentlemen. i'm not really experienced in wheat beers at all but this was really solid. i absolutely loved the orange/lemon accents. definitely a sessionable beer with no real flaws....a small step up from blue moon.....

so no pliny the elder or westvleteren 12 at BM

next pickups: firestone's union jack and dogfish head IPA (90 minute one if they have it).

obviously can't drink these on the daily despite BM's best efforts to take all my money.

you guys try anything new lately?

Last edited by blacknapalm : 11-19-2012 at 06:26 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: