Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ps3 or X box 360?

I prefer PS3 because I've had PS1 and PS2. I just feel like I'm very attached to those consoles and the controllers look the same, reminds me of my younger years.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
360 fan-boys really need to stop being so biased. I own both consoles, how is 360 so much more superior online? It lags a hell of a lot more then PS3, and you're paying 60 bucks for it.

360 is now a better media hub?
Riiiight, because hooking up things like netflicks works so great on Xbox. PS3 is a way better media hub, what are you even talking about? Do you have both consoles?

I'm a PS3 owner. Have been for about 4/5 years now. I even play on PSN network with a few posters on this site. You may find this hard to believe but people can actually be critical of stuff they own. Last time I checked Xbox 360 supported Sky which the PS3 doesn't. This years E3 proved that microsoft are trying to implement NBA league pass onto it aswell which Sony isn't.

I'd say that makes it more versatile or at least is trying too. It's also complete and utter crap what you said about it being more laggy than PSN.

Still I won't be trading in my PS3 for a 360 anytime soon, the Blu Ray player is far to valuable to me.

P.S My gamertag is HenryBoBenry just incase you need further proof that I'm not a 360 fanboy.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PS3 more of an entertainment hub?

What? 360 is getting the NBA, NHL, AND may be getting NFL sunday ticket, but will no matter what be getting the Monday night ESPN games now. Thus giving them at least 3 of the four major sports.

Netflix? they had it first(although the menu is garbage compared to the PS3's I'll give you that)

They got Amazon Video what 3 days a part? Vudu? PS3 had it first for a few months thats true.

They both have basically every movie app like that including Crackle. I'm not sure if the PS3 has HBO GO though, and I don't feel like turning mine on. If you have Comcast, it can be your cable box.

Really as an entertainment hub it's a matter of, if you have comcast it's a plus, if you like sports, or if you'd rather have a blu ray player. But in no way shape or form is the PS3 the bigger entertainment hub by far anymore. It's really just a matter of preference of the content. And blu ray.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #19
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My Xbox has Verizon fios to.. Don't forget that.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #20
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Do you guys not read?
The guy said "way more versatile"...

Then he backtracks and says "that makes it more versatile or at least is trying too..."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the wording in his original post made it sound like PS3 is only good for its Blu-Ray. Then proceeding to claim Xbox is way more versatile as a media hub. Completely not true, both consoles have its strengths and weaknesses. I value netflix a lot, so I'll always prefer PS3 as a media hub. You can essentially do every-thing on both consoles, so I still don't understand why he made 360 his outlier.

I have both consoles, it seems to me that the 360 lags more online.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #21
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Plus I wirelessly connect my PS3 to my Sony laptop and essentially stream everything through the PS3 network software. I have my netflix too.

What else do you need? I order league pass, and can use the PS3 network to watch it through my PS3 anyways. Yes, 360 is better for watching sports and they do have Sky, lets not pretend that Sony doesn't have its perks too.

All in all, we'll agree to disagree on the issue. I think as a Sony owner, you'll agree that describing 360 as "way" more versatile as a media hub is simply inaccurate. I can understand why some of you sports fantatics may value 360 more. I love my films, so I value netflix more...and thus PS3's offerings through its media hub.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #22
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Do you guys not read?
The guy said "way more versatile"...

Then he backtracks and says "that makes it more versatile or at least is trying too..."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the wording in his original post made it sound like PS3 is only good for its Blu-Ray. Then proceeding to claim Xbox is way more versatile as a media hub. Completely not true, both consoles have its strengths and weaknesses. I value netflix a lot, so I'll always prefer PS3 as a media hub. You can essentially do every-thing on both consoles, so I still don't understand why he made 360 his outlier.

I have both consoles, it seems to me that the 360 lags more online.

That's not back tracking. This years E3 Microsoft are pushing the Xbox to be a home media Hub by expanding the range of content it has online. PS3 doesn't look like it will be doing that or they will try to if its proves to be succesfull on the 360. Thus making the 360 more versatile as many people will look to buy those features on 360 rather than buy Sky. I said the PS3's best features are it's free online and Blu ray player. If I was going to say the Blu ray is all it's good for than I would have written that instead but notice how I didn't? Both consoles having strengths and weaknesses is a moot point as everyone knows that with anything you buy.

To sum up yes you are reading too much into it.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Thanks for all the input , I ended up going with the 360, every gamer friend I have owns one & I read some pretty convicing stuff for the 360 on here.

Ended up selling hella old dvds to a local game store for the 360, now I'm on the hunt for a couple of good yet inexpensive games
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

360 vs ps3 always has long arguments. Cant wait for the newer generations.

Anyway, you should be able to find some inexpensive games for 360. Red Dead Redemption is a must have. I'd hold off on Madden, nba2k since those will drop in Sept and Oct.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #25
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

PS3 is probably the console to choose if you're looking for cost efficiency. It's a Bluray, DVD player, net browser, gaming device, etc. It happens to read discs a lot better than the Xbox 360 as well. I'd buy both systems to be honest. Try to get a used XBOX on the cheap and buy a brand new PS3. I enjoy the XBOX 360 the most though for gaming. The controller is so more comfortable and the games are what really matters. PS3 doesn't really have any games that scream at you, except for Metal Gear Solid additions, which are pretty much coming to end as exclusives. I don't think MGS4 is on XBOX yet, but don't be surprised if it's released on XBOX as well in the future. They both have roughly the same games, so go with the Xbox for gaming. Go with the PS3 for an all around entertainment system. If you're not buying Blurays though, PS3 is kind of a waste of money.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

I have the Xbox 360 because it was cheaper and I like the controller better than the Ps3 controller.

I kind of regret it, because if Microsoft dominates the console market in the future they're going to milk the crap out of us.

They could now sell the next console for dirt cheap at a loss, which Sony can't afford to do after the PS3, just in order to get Sony out of the console market.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

can't really go wrong with either one. If this was like 3yrs ago I woulda said 360 for sure. Idk how multi-platform games are doing nowadays on the ps3 but I sure as hell know that ps3 has some great exclusives with amazing graphics as well as games overall.

I play my 360 right now tho, even tho not much recently

I have a ps3 too and its great.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm cool with either one really.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #29
MAC system
Serious playground baller

MAC system has an OK reputation so far

I have both. Rarely play either now, the ps3 gets more use because of the blu ray. When a new cod comes out I'll get it for 360 because it feels more competitive on live and more friends there. My advice get a computer.
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
Maniak
Poor Man's Jaydacris

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This debate is stupid. Just get whatever your friends have, its a coin flip.

If you want my opinion, I own both and never use my 360 at all because I find no point in paying for online for the amount of time I actually console game nowadays.

I've also played PS1 and PS2 so I'm more attached to the PS3 controller and think it has a superior design pretty much all around.

While PS3 has less features and most of it's features are kind of outdated and for the most part garbage, I still always prefer it because I don't need to waste money for some "Live" thing.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: