Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Am I the only one who remembers he has a son?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,713
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

My favorite line was Debra saying "I'm the worst ****ing detective in the world."

The problem with using Laguerta is that she's so freaking unlikable at this point as a character that Dexter killing her (if he had to) would elicit the wrong reaction.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #33
dunksby
NBA Superstar
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,144
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #34
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,713
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?

Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Episode 3 was an awesome ****ing episode..
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #36
Reef
College star
 
Reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,935
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

So Dexter's gonna go down for the computer geek's murder.

I almost fapped when that girl opened her mouth so Dexter could swab her cheek.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #37
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,486
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.

I think the reason Deb's trying to "fix" Dexter is because she's in love with him. I don't believe the show has backed off that at all. It's immature, and stupid, and there's no way she doesn't know better, and the way she's going about it makes me want to stab her in the face, but look at what she's getting out of this.

Dexter is with her all the time, he has to listen to her, and he has to talk to her. She's got everything an obsessed lover could want, except sex.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,630
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.

One thought I had watching the episode last night is that it feels like older seasons again because Dexter is under the microscope again and is going back his **** it ill do what I want ways, while trying to avoid being caught.

That and the fact that there is so much going and so many scenarios that can completely ruin his life that he doesn't know about coming to fruition that as a viewer I'm kind of on edge a little bit.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #40
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,486
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

The Russian is quickly becoming one of best villains on the show. Dexter's biggest threat since Doakes.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #41
enayes
Barefoot Bandit
 
enayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,656
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I like this show.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Good episode tonight..
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #43
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I hope I'm not the only one who still watches this show. Tonights episode was amazing.

This season finnaly seems like the bounce back the show needed. Definetely the best since Season 4.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #44
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,630
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #45
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10
 
Remix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,924
Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.

I agree with everything you said. Especially with the Russian guy. When he was in prison for killing all of the guys in the bar, I was thinking ohshit dex is in trouble, this guy is a mean dude. But they ended up working together, even though I was expecting a big showdown. But I am excited to see how close Laguerta gets to Dex.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy