Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #31
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs in here too.

I definitely enjoyed Dexter last night. I've loved the show from the get go, but as it's moved on, the flatness of all the characters outside of Dex and his sister has been an issue. To have it seemingly focus so much on the two of them this year, whatever the end may be, I think will make it that much better. I also feel like it's been a little too hokey since season two, with the exception of the Lithgow season, and as of last night it had a much darker edge to it than it has in recent years. Using LaGuerta as the one who's on the track is nice, because she's really the most fleshed out of the other characters, and she's got a natural rift with Deb already. Good cliffhanger that sort of dragged last season's cliffhanger out another episode. Good throwbacks to the long term audiences with The Ice Truck Killer and Dokes both being mentioned. And even the public storyline with the Ukrainian mafia looks to be a step up from recent seasons.

As you can see, I sort of agree with you guys that the show hasn't been nearly as good since season two, with the Lithgow season standing out as a notable exception, but it's had enough high moments to keep me watching. I've found that every year it opens well and then slowly devolves as the seasons wears along as the perimeter characters get exposed as flat one note people. But this episode felt different to me, and I'm really looking forward. I do have serious doubts about the computer guy however being able to hold down what I'm suspecting will be a major role.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

I liked it. Interesting how they got right to the point with deb cconnecting the dots about Dexter = ice truck killer. From the preview, it looks like deb is going to try and tame the beast so to speak. Although this Ukraine mobster stuff could look to get pretty nasty... And Dexter will have lots of temptations. Dexter could potentially have three problems to deal with. Mobsters, computer nerd and laguerta.
The computer nerd is obviously the most pressing matter Imo, really interested to see how that turns out.... Will Dexter have the proper attention to recognize the threat with all the other stuff going on. Hope this season turns out well, the early blueprint that's been laid out seems promising enough

And that Ukrainian guy looks pretty powerful. I'm sure they will find Dexter.. Airport surveillance anyone? Lol
I think another major character will die before the season ends

Last edited by jaydacris : 10-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Am I the only one who remembers he has a son?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

My favorite line was Debra saying "I'm the worst ****ing detective in the world."

The problem with using Laguerta is that she's so freaking unlikable at this point as a character that Dexter killing her (if he had to) would elicit the wrong reaction.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?

Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #37
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Episode 3 was an awesome ****ing episode..
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #38
Reef
College star

So Dexter's gonna go down for the computer geek's murder.

I almost fapped when that girl opened her mouth so Dexter could swab her cheek.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #39
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.

I think the reason Deb's trying to "fix" Dexter is because she's in love with him. I don't believe the show has backed off that at all. It's immature, and stupid, and there's no way she doesn't know better, and the way she's going about it makes me want to stab her in the face, but look at what she's getting out of this.

Dexter is with her all the time, he has to listen to her, and he has to talk to her. She's got everything an obsessed lover could want, except sex.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #41
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

surprised to see lewis taken out like that... thought he was going to have a way bigger role. but i suppose he still may... just not alive

as for the introduction of hannah, curious to see how that plays out. but even having no clue, im optimistic it will be better than the whole lumen thing

and she's f*ckin hot!!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.

One thought I had watching the episode last night is that it feels like older seasons again because Dexter is under the microscope again and is going back his **** it ill do what I want ways, while trying to avoid being caught.

That and the fact that there is so much going and so many scenarios that can completely ruin his life that he doesn't know about coming to fruition that as a viewer I'm kind of on edge a little bit.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #43
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

The Russian is quickly becoming one of best villains on the show. Dexter's biggest threat since Doakes.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #44
enayes
Decent college freshman

I like this show.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Good episode tonight..