Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

I hope I'm not the only one who still watches this show. Tonights episode was amazing.

This season finnaly seems like the bounce back the show needed. Definetely the best since Season 4.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #47
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #48
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.

I agree with everything you said. Especially with the Russian guy. When he was in prison for killing all of the guys in the bar, I was thinking ohshit dex is in trouble, this guy is a mean dude. But they ended up working together, even though I was expecting a big showdown. But I am excited to see how close Laguerta gets to Dex.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #49
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Matthews knows something is up... which is why he went back to laguerta. Dexter's name was obviously the trigger.
He was close friends with Harry and swore to protect his legacy and his kids (deb/dexter).

so i could see him possibly knowing about dexter and wants to protect him... or he has his own suspicions about dexter...
and as well, Matthews was one of the last persons to talk to Harry before harry killed himself :o.

i still think laguerta is going to die at the end of this season

Last edited by jaydacris : 11-26-2012 at 01:10 PM.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #50
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Matthews knows something is up... which is why he went back to laguerta. Dexter's name was obviously the trigger.
He was close friends with Harry and swore to protect his legacy and his kids (deb/dexter).

so i could see him possibly knowing about dexter and wants to protect him... or he has his own suspicions about dexter...
and as well, Matthews was one of the last persons to talk to Harry before harry killed himself :o.

i still think laguerta is going to die at the end of this season
My prediction is Debra kills Laguerta to protect Dexter.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #51
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #52
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.
Isaak has been on the show for handful of episodes and already has more influence on Dexter than anyone else not named Harry.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #53
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #54
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperstreet
Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.

That was my guess as well.

Also did anybody think Hannah made a face at the end of the last episode when Dexter was professing his love or whatever? She seemed like she was thinking "wtf" to me.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #55
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #56
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...
If you don't believe anything big has happened so far, then you're watching the wrong show. Maybe you should stick to shows like Law and Order
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #57
The-Legend-24
Heat fan since 2010

I think LaGuerta is gonna die this season, she's figured out Dexter might be the Bay Harbor Butcher. Here's hoping Deb kills her.
The-Legend-24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #58
Rameek
Krust Kingz

This is probably the best season in 5 years. Business is picking up and thats great.

So long Dark Passenger!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #59
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #60
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.

Before season 6 ended they confirmed that there would be 2 more seasons. We have 1 more after this.

I was totally suprised that Dexter dumped the whole Dark Passenger thing and think that's a pretty big deal.

I think from here he slowly starts to realize that he's a psycho and maybe even embraces it.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: