Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Deron wants LA? (Here for a reason...)

Just felt like throwing this out to my fellow Knick fans (and not posting on general forum and getting called names).

Basically in Japan last few weeks there was a lot of news from E3 (electronic show) and Deron was there. In several interviews which got picked up from the sport shows, he basically raved about Lakers, playing with Kobe and discussed how the Lakers would need to get creative to get him when asked about FA. Not Brooklyn, not Mavs, Lakers.

Was this news here too?

Also heard Lin wants big $$. JOY.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deron wants LA? (Here for a reason...)

LA is a dream for every player. Max contract and he just needs to stay quiet and watch Kobe shoot jumpers
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was a rumor. Don't think there is much to it unless the Lakers are gonna trade Bynum for him. Pretty sure Gasol by himself is not getting it done.

Also someone should tell Lin that he has been in the league for only 2 years. There are limits on how much he can make this early in his career.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
It was a rumor. Don't think there is much to it unless the Lakers are gonna trade Bynum for him. Pretty sure Gasol by himself is not getting it done.

Also someone should tell Lin that he has been in the league for only 2 years. There are limits on how much he can make this early in his career.

I've had a feeling that Lin is only going to sign a 1 year deal no matter what, even if he has a similar season next year at maybe 12 PPG 6 APG then he's going to want to cash in Free Agency.

Whether its Dolan or some dumb GM elsewhere, he's a solid young PG but hes going to bring in a lot of revenue on the side.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I've had a feeling that Lin is only going to sign a 1 year deal no matter what, even if he has a similar season next year at maybe 12 PPG 6 APG then he's going to want to cash in Free Agency.

Whether its Dolan or some dumb GM elsewhere, he's a solid young PG but hes going to bring in a lot of revenue on the side.
That would be perfect for us! Let him prove he wasnt a flash in the pan. If he is legit, reward him appropriately. If he is a one hit wonder, you move on.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe

It's a huge risk for both sides.

If Lin passes up longer term deals just to sign a 1 year deal and end up sucking, he'd look like a fool.

On the other hand if the Knicks actually sign him under the QO for the one year and he actually plays well, then we can't keep him.

We'll be over the cap with no way to match.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

If Lin passes up longer term deals just to sign a 1 year deal and end up sucking, he'd look like a fool.

On the other hand if the Knicks actually sign him under the QO for the one year and he actually plays well, then we can't keep him.

I think that management is going to put him in a position this year that he can't possibly play too terrible.

Changing sports but it reminds me of the Alex Smith situation last year with the 49ers. Decent/Average QB but they put talent around him, a simple role for him to provide, and give him faith that he wasn't going to get yanked for minor mistakes. He ended up playing well and turning his 1 year deal into a 3 year deal.

But I believe we would have his Bird rights next summer if he comes back for another season to go over the cap to keep him.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That would be perfect for us! Let him prove he wasnt a flash in the pan. If he is legit, reward him appropriately. If he is a one hit wonder, you move on.

True. But when it comes to his value, his whole stretch of "Linsanity" this year will always be in the back of GM's heads whenever his name is brought up. Same way for the fans(well the bandwagon fans who are Knicks fans because of Jeremy Lin).

He wont ever be a "One Hit Wonder" tho.

More like a dude like The Game, where even if all of his recent stuff is mediocre people will remember how nice he was with great production(Dr.Dre) making him look better than he actually is.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Knicks need to keep him two years to get his bird rights. They won't sign him to a 1 yr deal. That's basically guaranteeing he leaves. I think they'd tell him to sign the two year, or go **** himself. Why help him leave?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

After 2 years with the team, don't we get his early Bird rights?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Knicks need to keep him two years to get his bird rights. They won't sign him to a 1 yr deal. That's basically guaranteeing he leaves. I think they'd tell him to sign the two year, or go **** himself. Why help him leave?
This wouldn't be bad either.

But then again, I'm not as hard pressed to sign Lin as a lot of ppl are
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This wouldn't be bad either.

But then again, I'm not as hard pressed to sign Lin as a lot of ppl are
I'm also not willing to give him big money. I want to retain him but only for a reasonable amount. I know the most he can get next season is MLE but he can earn a lot in years after.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Lets see if Knicks offer 1 yr or 2 yr contract someone else will sign him to a longer deal. He'll walk considering he'll probably go to Toronto and make them a ton of money.

If I were him I wouldnt do anything less than a 4 year deal. Its a business.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Lets see if Knicks offer 1 yr or 2 yr contract someone else will sign him to a longer deal. He'll walk considering he'll probably go to Toronto and make them a ton of money.

If I were him I wouldnt do anything less than a 4 year deal. Its a business.
If he went to Toronto, I'd be even less hurt by him leaving. Even if he plays like he did last year, Toronto doesn't scare me one bit.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

If he returns next season, I'm pretty sure we'd get his bird rights.

Same with JR Smith if he opts in.

Its a big incentive on both players to come back and try to squeze money out of Dolan when they become Free Agents. Dolan's the only guy I would think who would ever sign off on a multi-year deal for JR Smith.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: