Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Which NFL team has improved the most during offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's not just based on last year.

So what's it based on? Their careers?

If so, there is absolutely no way Phillip Rivers is a greater player than Eli Manning. The stuff Eli has done in the playoffs is legendary.

Rivers is a damn good quarterback, but he's not exactly ripping it up in the playoffs losing only because his team didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

57 Percent
8 TD's
9INT's
80 QB Rating

That's really, really bad.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
1.) Rodgers
2.) Brady
3.) Peyton
4.) Brees
5.) Big Ben

Those guys are obviously the top 5. Big Ben is number 5, but 1-4 is pretty much interchangeable.

6.) Rivers
7.) Eli
8.) Cutler
9.) Romo
10.) Vick

I guess Schaub is the only guy that could knock Cutler out of the top 10. But I like Cutler at the 8 spot.

I'd take Schaub over Cutler everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Romo being lower than Cutler is asinine. Romo is a top 7 QB. I'd put Cutler at 11 but it's not a big difference.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #33
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You know, I completely forgot about Stafford for some reason. Who does Stafford knock out of the top 10 though? I don't know if he's better than any of those guys. I'd probably put him at 11 or 12.

Cutler being in the top 10 isn't as definitive as I originally thought, but I still think he's a top 10 QB.

I would easily put him ahead of Vick and Cutler.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #34
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I know you're not supposed to mention your favorite team but assuming Brees resigns why aren't the saints on this list? Lofton, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Bunkley pretty much revamps the defense not to mention a good def coor. They lost an underperforming Meachem and drafted Toon who will replace him just fine.

Bucs obviously improved a ton. I thought last year Freeman was going to break out. He doesn't really have much of an excuse this season. They should compete for the division possibly or at least make a better effort. I like tr rivalry the Saints have had with them since the south formed more than with Carolina so these should be 2 good games.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I know you're not supposed to mention your favorite team but assuming Brees resigns why aren't the saints on this list? Lofton, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Bunkley pretty much revamps the defense not to mention a good def coor. They lost an underperforming Meachem and drafted Toon who will replace him just fine.

Bucs obviously improved a ton. I thought last year Freeman was going to break out. He doesn't really have much of an excuse this season. They should compete for the division possibly or at least make a better effort. I like tr rivalry the Saints have had with them since the south formed more than with Carolina so these should be 2 good games.

It's going to be a tough season for the saints. They'll either face the adversity and exceed expectations or they'll crumble. They are going to lose some players due to suspension which sorta cancels out the additions. The biggest lost will be on the coaching staff. Losing Payton and the other coaches will have a huge impact IMO and the NFC south has been a surprise division lately. I can see any of the teams winning the division which isn't true for other divisions in the league.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
It's really impossible to know where Peyton is at right now...I'll tell you this though, Eli is going before him in fantasy mocks...

I know fantasy/stats don't mean everything, but they do mean something...

Cutler wouldn't make my top-10 list...he would be around 15, I would have Schaub and Ryan above him, Romo should be a no brainer, not sure about Mike Pick though.

1. Rodgers

t2. Brady
t2. Brees

t4. Ben
t4. Peyton * (just a guess, need to see)

t6. Eli
t6. Rivers (really need to see what's up with Rivers too)
t6. Romo

t9. Stafford
t9. Ryan
t9. Scaub
t9. Newton

t13. Bradford
t13. Vick

t15. Cutler and a couple others

something like that for me...

I'd rather have Cutler than Vick. Vick has a ridiculous amount of talent but he doesn't show any concern with preventing turnovers. Absolutely none at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I'd rather have Cutler than Vick. Vick has a ridiculous amount of talent but he doesn't show any concern with preventing turnovers. Absolutely none at all.

Cutler last two years has played in 25 games and has 9 fumbles lost and 23ints

Vick last two years has played 25 games and has 7 fumbles lost and 20 ints

Old 06-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Yea and Vick's offensive line in Philly has always been superior to what the Bears have given Cutler, that might have a factor in that not so large margin of turnovers....

Cutler is a much better passer than Vick. Besides the year before last, Vick has always looked pretty pedestrian as a pocket passer
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #39
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
It's going to be a tough season for the saints. They'll either face the adversity and exceed expectations or they'll crumble. They are going to lose some players due to suspension which sorta cancels out the additions. The biggest lost will be on the coaching staff. Losing Payton and the other coaches will have a huge impact IMO and the NFC south has been a surprise division lately. I can see any of the teams winning the division which isn't true for other divisions in the league.
We lose Will Smith who has been garbage for years and Vilma who was replaced. The player loss isn't much of a big deal. Losing Sean Payton will definitely hurt but I think the Saints will be just fine (as long as Drew signs).
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Cutler stands back there and gets pummeled and the ball flies out occasionally. Vick runs around with the ball in his hand yelling TAKE IT IF YOU CAN!

I'll take Cutler.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #41
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Cutler stands back there and gets pummeled and the ball flies out occasionally. Vick runs around with the ball in his hand yelling TAKE IT IF YOU CAN!

I'll take Cutler.

Your argument was Vick is more prone to turnovers, yet Cutler turns it over more.

This wasn't even counting Cutlers 26 INT season the year prior.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #42
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Your argument was Vick is more prone to turnovers, yet Cutler turns it over more.

This wasn't even counting Cutlers 26 INT season the year prior.

Being more prone to turnovers and the actual number of turnovers you have are not directly related. As previous posters have mentioned, Vicks offensive line has been significantly better than Cutlers, making it significantly more likely for Cutler to get hit and fumble. The only real way you can see who is more 'prone' to turnovers is by giving them the same offensive line.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's the quarterbacks job to hold onto the ball regardless of who is blocking for him. Ball security, when it's in your hands, you're responsible, end of the story.

Even in his breakout year behind a very good Bronco O-Line he had 18 picks and 5 more fumbles.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #44
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Not too mention Vick also runs the ball 100 times a season
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #45
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It's the quarterbacks job to hold onto the ball regardless of who is blocking for him. Ball security, when it's in your hands, you're responsible, end of the story.

Even in his breakout year behind a very good Bronco O-Line he had 18 picks and 5 more fumbles.
yea he got sacked like 11 times that year. no real excuses for him, cutler just turns the ball over
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: