Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

California's quickly becoming the most Canadian of all the North American states. First this no spanking, next they'll be allowing gay marriage. book it
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #17
Balla_Status

gay marriage isnt that bad. IT doesnt affect you in any way
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #18
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

I got my ass smacked with anything my folks could find around the house. Remote,dinner plate,blowdyer, wet rag. Now today the 20 and 30 year olds don't want to beat there kids because its morally wrong or whatever... all my friends got beat, it works most of the time, oh yeah and phuck womens rights! cooking and cleaning is there only right, right to serve!
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

More and more people will come out if its okay.. i guarantee you we have millions in the closet right now *looks you dead in the eye*
Old 01-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #20
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

I have nothing against gay marriage, but an anti spanking rule? That's ridiculous.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
California's quickly becoming the most Canadian of all the North American states. First this no spanking, next they'll be allowing gay marriage. book it
book what r-tard? as long as Massachusetts exists Cali will always look normal. Oregon too. get a clue. California WISHES it was that insane.

and once again is it a law yet?

also you said you aren't sure if it's for over 3 or under 3? if its under 3 whats the damn problem? beating up infants is a crime no matter what the reason. they aren't gonna learn their lesson. they're toddlers!

this post is riddled with holes. where did you even get this info.

Quote:
I got my ass smacked with anything my folks could find around the house. Remote,dinner plate,blowdyer, wet rag.
and look how you turned out.

Quote:
devil's advocate, but you could also say that legalizing the murder of redheads wouldn't affect me or you in any way. and in both cases its not completely true. gay marriage would affect all of us because it affects our society. the thing that antis are missing is that it affects our society for the better. by officializing gay marriage we're "officially" *accepting* homosexuality... which is something we need to do. don't have to like it. but have to accept it.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 01-21-2007 at 12:30 AM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
and look how you turned out.

You don't know me son!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
clipps
Good college starter

I think it's stupid to ban spankin'. The piece of sh!t b!tch ass teenagers in MTV Sweet 16 are the types of kids that always got babied and never got diciplined. Now those kids won't even talk to their friends or family if they don't get that certain car. I definitely got my fair share of swats. Every now and then, I'd get the belt and if I really ****ed up, I'd get the metal part of the belt right to my ass. I also got my fair share of getting slapped upside the head. I think that's definitely something that set me up straight. Im a hard worker when it comes to work. I'm always there to help my family or friends when they are in trouble. If i don't get anything in return for helping, oh well. Seems like the kids that get babied turn into lazy ass mofos in school, work. They think they can get what they want. My parents made a pretty good income while living in Southern California untill I was 17 years old and anything I ever got from my parents, except for the obvious like food, lunch money for school, and clothes, etc. I always earned. When I was 10-ish, I wanted a N64. My parents were more than happy to get me one... Thing is, I had to do a sh!t load of yard work, chores, etc. Same with a PS2 when I was 14. I remember when Xbox, PS2, and Game Cube came out, I remember some jerk off kid got all 3 of them for christmas, and just because he didnt get a game boy advance, he started throwing a b!tch at his parents. I swear to God I walked up to him and smacked him upside the head.

I definitely agree with spanking. In fact, you should be allowed to spank your kids in broad daylight without people giving you bad looks. In fact, slapping your kid upside the head should be legal. There are so many snot nosed brats that deserve to get slapped upside the head. Sh!t, it doesn't have to be full force smack for all of you people that are so against spanking. you are not abusing your kids when you take your hand and lightly slap your kid upside the head. In fact, I think it's better than a spankin to the ass. The ass stings more than the back of the head, yet getting smacked in the back of the head area to a brat 8 or 9 year old will make him say "alright, I f*cked up"

And I'm tired of f*cken excuses. "my kid had autism, my kid has ADHD." Damn, doesn't mean your kid cant learn the difference between right and wrong. I work at a resturant and Its annoyng when parents bring their out of controll kids. They run around the resturant with other guests around, they are playing under the grand piano. playing under tables, the kids get too out of control and one of the kid bonks his head on the piano leg or bashes his knee or something, so one kid is playing around, while the other kid is screaming because their parents are too dumb to realise that YOU CAN'T HAVE KIDS RUNNING AROUND AND SCREAMING IN RESTURAUNTS. My dad would have grabbed me by the arm and tookin me outside to smack the piss out of me and yell at me. These kids, their parents dont do sh!t. In fact, after one of the kids hit their head on the piano leg and started screamin and cryin, I went to the kids and nicely told them that they shouldn't run around and to go back and sit with their parents. The jackass father got mad at me for being "too harsh" to their kids and stiffed me when all I did was tell the kids they shouldn't play in the resturant and sit with their parents. I'm normally really calm and friendly when I deal with dumbass customers, but I straight up told them. "Quit being a dumbass this is a resturant. You cant have kids running around out of control. "

And also, since gay marriage was brought up. Here's my opinion. I don't like that gay sh!t. Gay sh!t is wrong. It shouldn't be on this earth. It shouldn't be tolerated. Their's a reason why their men and women. That sh!t is wrong, it's disquasting. Gay Marriages should be completely banned. Practicing homosexual acts in public(gay kissing, etc) should be illegal. Since you cant be intoxicated publically, you shouldnt be able to kiss someone in the same sex in public. I think society is too nice to gay people. I don't accept that sh!t. I won't tolerrate it. If they are around me, fine. Nothign I can do about it. Just as long as they arn't practicing that sh!t around me or hitting on me.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #24
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
I think it's stupid to ban spankin'. The piece of sh!t b!tch ass teenagers in MTV Sweet 16 are the types of kids that always got babied and never got diciplined.
agreed. didn't need to finish reading.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

clipps the whole basis of your post is that you need to spank your kids to raise them properly. and that's dumb. I was never spanked and I'm just fine and I know plenty of people who are in the same situation.

also you're assuming that spanking your kids will stop them from acting up. it doesn't. you spank a kid once he's not gonna stop being imperfect forever. he's going to keep acting up until his frontal lobes catch up with his balls. thats just how it is, doesn't matter what culture, how you discipline them, that's the way it's going to be.

especially considering we live in America. we're a subversive nation by nature. our very country is based on protecting people from having to take responsibility for what they do wrong. our country was created by a bunch of treasonists. we're the descendants of many varieties of devaints and outcasts from every country in the world. if you think we're gonna be a bunch of eunich robots in our teenage years you're crazy. it's America and our culture is rebellious teens who grow up to be normal people almost NO MATTER HOW THEY'RE RAISED.

the difference between successful and unsuccessful people in this society comes down to the environment in which they're raised, not the method. if someone is raised in a good neighborhood with good parents, they could be the teenager from hell but I guarantee you when they grow up they're gonna be good people whether they're SPANKED or not. and if a kid grows up in a ****ed up neighborhood with ****ed up parents, I can also tell you that they're going to grow up to be ****ed up whether they're SPANKED or not.

I think people are putting way too much value into the act of hitting your kids. everyone loves to say "my parents hit me, and look how I turned out!" as if they would be deranged ax murderers if they had been raised any other way. that's just not the case.

we as Americans gotta just learn to live with snotty teenagers and annoying kids. that's the way it's ALWAYS been and it's the way it ALWAYS will be. another thing is... it's a good thing. it is the younger generation that brings change. it's why America is the most consistently revolutionary culture in the world over its lifetime. because the younger generation is always being annoying, challenging their parents and winning. is that something we really want to quelch? I mean sure 90% of what younger generations do is stupid... but the other 10% is stuff that we now consider an essential part of our culture today.

you could say I'm stretching this argument.... yeah. but not as much as you guys are. you guys the ones making this an issue of gay marriage, mild autism, and ADHD.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #26
clipps
Good college starter

Spanking is not the complete solution. I never said that. Dont make it look like I said it. Spanking is just a good way to dicipline kids. Like that family at the resturant that I work at that I was talkin about. Those kids werent getting diciplined. They were running around the f*ckin resturant, playing on the piano, playing under neath tables, bothering other guests. I don't know that family. i never met them before, but my first impression of them is that the parents just let their kids get out of control. They don't put their foot down and let those kids know that its wrong to be doin that sh!t in resturants.

Tell the kids a few times sternly that **** like that doesn't fly. And if they still don't get it, give them a pop to the butt. Simple. Spanking is not the freakin solution for raising the "perfect kid". When you don't dicipline your kid, the kid thinks you dont have any authority over them so when they grow older, they think they can do whatever they want. If the law passes in California, I do not want to see how the kids would be like in a the next few generations. Our generation was bad enough.

Bottom line, banning spanking is a dumbass idea.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #27
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Lets not confuse spanking with abuse. Abuse cannot be tolerated, spanking is necesary for some kids. About gay marriage, Clipps, who are you to tell other people who to love?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #28
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
devil's advocate, but you could also say that legalizing the murder of redheads wouldn't affect me or you in any way. and in both cases its not completely true. gay marriage would affect all of us because it affects our society. the thing that antis are missing is that it affects our society for the better. by officializing gay marriage we're "officially" *accepting* homosexuality... which is something we need to do. don't have to like it. but have to accept it.

good point
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #29
MetsPackers
new based god

This is ridiculous. I got in a lot of trouble lasy year, because I was going to pick up my little brother from school, and he was with his friends outside the school. I set my backpack down at the top of the hill, and walked over to get him. His friends are in a bratty mood right now, and it is rubbing off on my brother. They run around me in circles yelling stuff at me, so I just tell my brother we have to go, but he replys "no, your stupid". So I just grabbed him, and his friends followed us. I got to the top of the hill with my brother, and he and a friend knocked my backpack down the hill, and wouldn't shutup.

I punched my brother in the stomach, pushed his friend down the hill, and yelled "get my f***ing backpack you piece of s***". He quickly brought me my backpack, and you can bet that when I go to pick up my brother, I don't hear a word out of his dumbass friends. Apparently a teacher in the school saw me, and called the police, and if I were a little older, I could have gone to jail.

But the point is, sometimes you have to hit the kid, if you want them to change. I have go to school in a soft society where I could basically do what I want, and the teachers can't do anything that will really make me change. If the teacher were to beat the hell outta me, I would definitly change.

I am not for abusing your children because that is cruel, but once in a while you need to really send a message to your kids, and thats the only way to do it.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
book what r-tard? as long as Massachusetts exists Cali will always look normal. Oregon too. get a clue. California WISHES it was that insane.

and once again is it a law yet?

also you said you aren't sure if it's for over 3 or under 3? if its under 3 whats the damn problem? beating up infants is a crime no matter what the reason. they aren't gonna learn their lesson. they're toddlers!

Well not all kids are self-made hermits that actually go out and live. Some kids have a thing called LIVES and actually get into s#!t, hence you have to discipline them when they make a mistake, and sometimes that warrants a spanking, spud. If you were my son, I'd lay fiyah to dat @$$ based on the amount of time you spend indoors, alone.

Far as spanking toddlers goes? My motto is, "If they're old enough to crawl, they're old enough to brawl." Only way they're they're not going to know the difference is if you're there to correct them. Anybody with a fledgling of common sense isn't about to lay leather to a child that's taking their first steps and accidentally knocks over some stuff. But let's say they're 1, getting around pretty good and are trying to stick their little fingers in sockets, you pop their hand and tell them "no." And they learn at a very EARLY age that no is no, and it saves you years of acting up in the grocery stores and embarassment in public.

If I came home after a day of work, to see your stick thin @$$ sitting at the computer days on end, I'd spear you like Bill Goldberg and there'd be glasses and keyboards flying everywhere. Young punk
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: