Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #16
cteach111
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,027
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

ima skip this one unless its a really awesome spiderman movie.. but ya.. probably skipping this one.
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 5,548
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteach111
ima skip this one unless its a really awesome spiderman movie.. but ya.. probably skipping this one.
You're gonna watch it, eventually.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 521
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Early Reviews are in...

So far so good!



http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Yeah most of the reviews said X Men First Class was a good movie; turned out to be pretty mediocre.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Yeah most of the reviews said X Men First Class was a good movie; turned out to be pretty mediocre.

One of the top superhero movies ever in terms of pure quality and unbiased opinion.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
One of the top superhero movies ever in terms of pure quality and unbiased opinion.

Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #22
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,516
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.

I'm sorry but you're wrong and most people, fans and critics alike, disagree with you.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 6,933
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.

Gotta disagree with you here bud. i'm a huge comic nerd, and sure, it did it take some liberties with the characters, but it was a pretty solid movie
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

I'd give First Class a solid 7. Not an epic movie by any means but a good all around movie everybody can enjoy. Far from the bust you're making it out to be. As Deuce said... almost everybody, fans and critics alike would consider you the minority opinion.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet
 
"Jesus"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.

You're the only person on ISH that didn't enjoy First Class. You made it known alright.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #26
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'd give First Class a solid 7. Not an epic movie by any means but a good all around movie everybody can enjoy. Far from the bust you're making it out to be. As Deuce said... almost everybody, fans and critics alike would consider you the minority opinion.

A 7 is saying it's barely just decent, and i'd respect that. But from most reviews you'd think it was Avengers.

I can see how the Avengers (a solid 8, maybe 8.5) gets overrated, but how people overrate First Class is beyond me. The flaws are obvious and its so mediocre that you're left with nothing to desire because there is no faith to have that they can give you anything to desire.

I haven't enjoyed any of the X films and its almost mind boggling how so many people not only enjoy them, but think they are good. It's the very reason fans won't get an X film on the level of the new Batman trilogy or Avengers, because we say these X movies are good, so they will stay in line with we've already been given; mediocre action movies.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
A 7 is saying it's barely just decent, and i'd respect that. But from most reviews you'd think it was Avengers.

I can see how the Avengers (a solid 8, maybe 8.5) gets overrated, but how people overrate First Class is beyond me. The flaws are obvious and its so mediocre that you're left with nothing to desire because there is no faith to have that they can give you anything to desire.

I haven't enjoyed any of the X films and its almost mind boggling how so many people not only enjoy them, but think they are good. It's the very reason fans won't get an X film on the level of the new Batman trilogy or Avengers, because we say these X movies are good, so they will stay in line with we've already been given; mediocre action movies.

7 is barely decent to you and mediocre??? For me 7 is good, not great.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
7 is barely decent to you and mediocre??? For me 7 is good, not great.

A 7 is decent, but if most gave First Class a 7 i'd have no complaints about it being overrated. But many feel its better than that and to me that's overrating a film that is mediocre or at best just decent.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

Down to a 75 percent on RT but the 4 new rotten reviews are all the same shit that it's too soon for another series and doesn't feel different enough. A critique I'm not going to take seriously. No shit it's the same superhero you dumbasses...how about you actually critique the film rather than giving opinions that are useless. I want to know if it's a good movie, not if it doesn't feel unique enough compared to Sam Raimi's. I loved the other Spider-Man movies so even if it does have a lot of similarities it can still be a great movie.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 06-27-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
Noah Rose
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 227
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Roger Ebert gave it 3.5 / 4 stars!

One of the highest for a comic book film he's ever given.

It's going to be certified fresh on RT too.

If you read the reviews basically all the negative reviews are from people who didn't like the fact this is an origin story, and that's basically it. Other than that, they give the film great reviews!

Getting tix for tonight in 3D since this was shot with James Cameron 3D technology.

Last edited by Noah Rose : 07-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Noah Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy