Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #46
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Maybe ppl say 1st class was good because it was a lot better than the bullshit put out before hand and it exceeded people's expectations.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #47
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw it. Good, but can't compare to Avengers and TDK.

8/10. I had actually went in to the movie with really high expectations. I was a little let down, but it was still very enjoyable.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #48
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Pretty much what I expected is what you guys all seem to be saying. Very good superhero movie, worth watching and entertaining but not quite Avengers and Batman movies level. I expected it to be in my top 5 but not top 3 and seems like a few of you would have it in top 5? I can't wait to see it.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #49
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Just saw it. Good, but can't compare to Avengers and TDK.

8/10. I had actually went in to the movie with really high expectations. I was a little let down, but it was still very enjoyable.

I just want to say that an 8/10 means it's 80% of a perfect movie. For something you called just 'good', is that really an 8?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #50
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder if the reason I liked it so much is because I went in thinking it wouldn't be that good. I had low expectations. I think this movie would have sucked if it had major hype. For instance I don't think The Dark Knight Rises can be better than The Dark Knight. It just can't. Heath Leger as the Joker (and dead at the time of the release)>>>>Bane.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #51
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I just want to say that an 8/10 means it's 80% of a perfect movie. For something you called just 'good', is that really an 8?

Well it wasn't bad. It was good. While it was good, it wasn't good enough to compare to Avengers and TDK.

I meant good as in the opposite of bad.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #52
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Maybe ppl say 1st class was good because it was a lot better than the bullshit put out before hand and it exceeded people's expectations.

This pretty much. This is the same reason Avengers got overrated and labeled GOAT MOBEE EVA.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #53
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Saw it tonight it was good the movie with tobey still kicks this movies ass
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #54
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Stan Lee's cameo was the best in all his appearance.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #55
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

7/10

Did not like the new guy as Peter Parker, but did like him as Spider-man. As Peter Parker, the only thing that made him seem nerdy was the way people treated him, but he never actually came across as nerdy. As Spider-man though, he had a good Spidey-voice and made good use of being a smart ass. Movie had several flaws throughout, but overall, the story was solid and came together nicely. Best storyline of the 4 Spider-Man movies to date.

Not at all on the same tier as TDK or Avengers though.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #56
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

I would rank it the same as Avengers....don't know why you guys rate that show tiers above this.

And I think he's nerdy as spidey enough...they don't want to play him as a nerd being bullied and always losing out to flash too much as that has been done to death in the previous movies. Also you don't have to be ugly and unfunny to be a nerd, as long as you focus on books and other "boring" uncool stuff you can be branded as a nerd. Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some

You a chick? -.-
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #58
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
I would rank it the same as Avengers....don't know why you guys rate that show tiers above this.

And I think he's nerdy as spidey enough...they don't want to play him as a nerd being bullied and always losing out to flash too much as that has been done to death in the previous movies. Also you don't have to be ugly and unfunny to be a nerd, as long as you focus on books and other "boring" uncool stuff you can be branded as a nerd. Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some

Figures a girl would say that. No offense but many reviews are comparing it to Twilight in the sense that it caters to females... with close ups on his abs and butt etc. I read that this movie is darker but also much more feminine than the others. Can anybody who's seen it confirm any of this? A reviewer called it a Twilight superhero movie.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #59
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation

Finally saw it on ETX 3D (AMC's version of IMAX).

I was pleasantly surprised!

Felt like "500 Days of Spider-Man" (same director) but I enjoyed this more than I did Raimi's 1st Spider-Man too. Almost had a Batman Begins element to it, but wished it was a bit longer to flesh it out more.

The 3D in ETX (IMAX) was amazing! This movie was shot using James Cameron's Avatar 3D production and it shows. The indoor scenes were eh, but the outdoor scenes and all the action was pure eye candy! There were a lot of scenes in 1st person perspective that had everything coming at you! The last 20 minutes including the last minute of the film was 3D heaven! Favorite was when he slingshot himself inside a crane and you felt like you were in a ride falling in open space, then he jumps right at you in slow motion zipping a web line in your face!

Much darker but very enjoyable. This Spider-Man was closer to the actual comicbooks than Raimi's ever was.

My friend really enjoyed the movie that we stopped by Hot Topic to pick up some Spidey shirts which they had on sale Buy 1 Get 1.

All in all, I give this a 7.5 (close to 8) overall and on par with the 1st Spider-Man, and also recommend it in ETX (IMAX) 3D.

Last edited by Jordan-esque : 07-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #60
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Figures a girl would say that. No offense but many reviews are comparing it to Twilight in the sense that it caters to females... with close ups on his abs and butt etc. I read that this movie is darker but also much more feminine than the others. Can anybody who's seen it confirm any of this? A reviewer called it a Twilight superhero movie.

Yeah, I can see that comparison with this movie more so than the other superhero movies, although it is nowhere close to as girly as Twilight. There was 1 butt shot where I did go "WTF was that close up of his butt for?" In this movie, he seemed like a high schooler who is normal, and picked on for no real good reason, while in my mind Peter Parker was picked on because of being awkward. Also, he looks 25, and male high schoolers who mature early typically are not picked on, which is another reason him being picked on seemed out of place. I simply did not believe him as Peter Parker. However, as I said before, I did think he made a good Spider-man.

Also, this movie at several points in the high school scenes reminded me too much of Teen Wolf. He was also terrible at hiding his talents, so I don't know how the school didn't pick up on the fact that he is Spider-man.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: