Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #61
cteach111
National High School Star

cteach111 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Also, this movie at several points in the high school scenes reminded me too much of Teen Wolf. He was also terrible at hiding his talents, so I don't know how the school didn't pick up on the fact that he is Spider-man.

tell me about it...

***SPOILERS***
in addition to the typical Peter bullies the bully scene, there's the basketball scene, the football scene, the scene where no one seems to notice that Parker is about to take on the Lizard
***SPOILERS***

meh, the more I think about it, the lower I want to rate this movie.
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #62
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked it, I wanted to not like it as much as I like the TM spiderman's but I think I like it more. It was fun but not without some flaws. The football denting the goal post, nobody is gonna question that???

I'm wondering if the scene after the credits was Norman Osborn.. pretty sure it was but I've heard internet rumors it could be other villains.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #63
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do they have the "With great power, comes great responsibility" line? That always makes me laugh hysterically.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #64
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Do they have the "With great power, comes great responsibility" line? That always makes me laugh hysterically.

They don't say it word for word.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #65
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I liked it, I wanted to not like it as much as I like the TM spiderman's but I think I like it more. It was fun but not without some flaws. The football denting the goal post, nobody is gonna question that???

I'm wondering if the scene after the credits was Norman Osborn.. pretty sure it was but I've heard internet rumors it could be other villains.

Yeah, the football post thing bothered me for 2 reasons. 1st, as you said, nobody is going to question that? 2nd, that football was not traveling fast enough to bend it like that anyway. It looked like an accurate, slightly faster throw than a normal person could throw, yet it bent like Superman through the football.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #66
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

They say it in different words. But it is done way better. In Raimi's, it sounds like something Uncle Ben just pulls out of his ass to set the theme of the movie. In this movie, there are multiple things that come together that actually make the words more profound and meaningful to Parker's life.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #67
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I LOVED this movie. Being a crazy Spiderman fan, I was really excited and looking forward to this a LOT. I actually thought this did a much better job of letting us know the real Peter Parker. Also, it kind of let us see the bond between Peter and Uncle Ben. Like that scene in the basement after Peter's fight with Flash. Also, I liked the Lizard a lot as a villain, as it didn't have a purpose of just killing people or making money. All it wanted to do was to create a better world, a more equal one. However, his way of doing that was way too crazy.

One more thing. Does anyone have any ideas on who that guy is after the credits? UGHGHGH IT'S ITCHING ME TO KNOW.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #68
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The only acting that I didnt like (surprisingly) was Emma Stone.. that was some strange sappy weeping she was doing..

YES. I said the same thing to my friend. And I hated her reaction to Peter's last line. That alone ruined the movie for me lol.
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #69
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Absolutely loved it! Way better than the first one of the last series.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #70
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

One more thing. Does anyone have any ideas on who that guy is after the credits? UGHGHGH IT'S ITCHING ME TO KNOW.

To me it was clearly Norman Osborn.. The voice and connection to the Lizard made that kind of obvious for me. However, there seems to be a lot of speculation that it may be someone else, so I guess its up for debate. I dont see how the voice and presence wasnt blunt enough for people.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #71
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
To me it was clearly Norman Osborn.. The voice and connection to the Lizard made that kind of obvious for me. However, there seems to be a lot of speculation that it may be someone else, so I guess its up for debate. I dont see how the voice and presence wasnt blunt enough for people.
They should save GG for the third movie.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #72
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Maybe he needed to survive and decided to take the Green Goblin formula?

In an interview with Ifans, he said that it was a representative from Oscorp, and that Norman Osborn will have a huge part in later movies.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #73
drallafi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drallafi has an OK reputation so far

Easily the best Spidey film to date. Both Garfield, and the script, have finally brought to the screen the essence of both Peter Parker and Spider Man.

I thought Tobey was an abomination in the role. Never sold it to me, at all. He was just a guy making the same dumb face over and over again, and then he puts on the spider-man outfit.

I thought the part where he created the suit was a bit rushed. But everything else was good

Also, Martin Sheen killed it as Uncle Ben.
drallafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #74
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Nobody saw the football being thrown. And will you really believe someone from the stands threw an oval which bent the post? No one is going to question "No one kicked it, maybe the guy from the stand threw it?"
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #75
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
Nobody saw the football being thrown. And will you really believe someone from the stands threw an oval which bent the post? No one is going to question "No one kicked it, maybe the guy from the stand threw it?"

what about the guy who threw it or kicked it towards Parker in the first place?

Still, the ability to palm a basketball so hard that a guy can't pull it out of his single hand and then jumping from the free throw line and breaking a backboard should draw a couple suspicions even if nobody saw the football thing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: