Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #76
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
what about the guy who threw it or kicked it towards Parker in the first place?

Still, the ability to palm a basketball so hard that a guy can't pull it out of his single hand and then jumping from the free throw line and breaking a backboard should draw a couple suspicions even if nobody saw the football thing.

But no one in their right mind would even believe that Peter Parker, the weird skater photographer can be the ultimate hero known as Spider-Man. That's something too good to believe.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #77
Noah Rose
Kids at the park dunk on me

Noah Rose has not been impressing people

Steve Nash parody of Spiderman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTz-LswOXA
Noah Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #78
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm hoping for a Rhino and/or Scorpion bad guy sequel, preferably Scorpion.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #79
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Rose
Steve Nash parody of Spiderman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTz-LswOXA

Grossest NBA movie parody of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #80
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
But no one in their right mind would even believe that Peter Parker, the weird skater photographer can be the ultimate hero known as Spider-Man. That's something too good to believe.

I don't care how nerdy the kid is, the moment a superhero shows up the same time my classmate starts demonstrating superhuman abilities, I would question them.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #81
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
To me it was clearly Norman Osborn.. The voice and connection to the Lizard made that kind of obvious for me. However, there seems to be a lot of speculation that it may be someone else, so I guess its up for debate. I dont see how the voice and presence wasnt blunt enough for people.

Yeah but if it is Norman Osborn, then the director of this new movie got it way out of order. In Spiderman 3 we actually see the Professor: Doctor Connors, who is Peter's teacher at the college he attends, try and help him figure out what the venom is.

Therefore it went Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Sandman, Venom.

So now in the new Spiderman series they start it off with the Lizard...? Everything is just out of order too me.

I personally thought the movie wasn't very good. You can't beat the original Spiderman movie. In the new movie he doesn't even shoot webs from his wrist, he has some electric device to it for him
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #82
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA4EVER... You are terribly uninformed. You lack the needed knowledge that deals with all of that.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #83
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I'm hoping for a Rhino and/or Scorpion bad guy sequel, preferably Scorpion.
By the way they handled The Lizard.. It makes these lesser villains actually be plausible selections.

Rhino seems like a perfect villain to get the lizard treatment.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #84
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
In the new movie he doesn't even shoot webs from his wrist, he has some electric device to it for him
they got that right
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #85
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
NBA4EVER... You are terribly uninformed. You lack the needed knowledge that deals with all of that.

The only way I lack knowledge is because I never read any of the comic books, so I don't know what separates the movie from what actually happened in the comics.

All I'm basically trying to say is the new Spiderman changed up a lot of the events that happened from the 2002 version of Spiderman, that I was so used to seeing.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #86
NBA4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
they got that right

If they got it right then good. Like I said, I never read the comics so idk the difference from what they got right and wrong. I'm just pointing out some differences from the 2002 version and the 2012 version
Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #87
NBA4EVER

I liked how they used a new villain though. Wouldn't mind a sequel with Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino, or even Shocker. That would be a badass movie with all 4 of them in it.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #88
cteach111
National High School Star

cteach111 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I liked how they used a new villain though. Wouldn't mind a sequel with Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino, or even Shocker. That would be a badass movie with all 4 of them in it.

no it wouldn't. Unless you want another Spiderman 3.
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #89
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:

What the hell? Only time they should do that is if they introduce Kingpin and the Sinister Six storyline. Other than that, focus in only ONE villain at a time, and make him interesting. Unless they're more minor villains. Venom was treated so damn unfairly in SM3, that I don't know if I can trust them with more than 1 villain.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #90
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I loved it. 8.5/10

I loved how they handled the Uncle Ben- Peter relationship this time, much more fleshed out and legit emotions. Also I usually don't like origin stories that much the first time I see them (I know it's weird but like with Batman Begins, I didn't appreciate as much until I saw TDK... I enjoyed it, but didn't love it til after TDK) but this was just perfectly executed. Usually what they do is spend like half the movie with the origin and then the other half with just basically what seems like a new story, but this was connected perfectly so you could see Peter Parker become Spiderman.

The sequel could be the GOAT superhero movie with the way they set it up with this one. Think of Spiderman 2 and TDK... this has potential to be better because I think it was better than Spiderman and Batman Begins. My only concern is that as great as Garfield was, he did look old for the part (not as old as Tobey Maguire looked tho) and that could be a serious problem with sequels as he continues to age.

Also I gotta imagine (spoilers) that the voice at the end was Norman Osborn and with Dr. Connors being alive, he could use him (against his will?) to heal him (with the references to him being on his death bed)... I wonder if they just bring in Harry Osborn too, it would seem really awkward with him not being anywhere in this one, all they had to do was make one mention like someone asking "Peter, where's Harry? I haven't seen him in a while" and it would've been better to bring him in for the sequels. I'm also pretty surprised that they used that late scene in the prison cell in the commercials.

I hope they expand on Peter's dad on the next one.

Last edited by MeLO MvP 15 : 07-08-2012 at 02:51 AM.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: