Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #91
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Bleh, what a disappointing movie. I'm pretty forgiving of big budget summer fun popcorn escapist comic book movies but this one was just bland. I didn't read spiderman comics so I'm not concerned with continuity in that regard. But I would have rather seen Spiderman 4 with Tobey than this rehash. Can't believe how similar it was to the last spiderman, can't believe they didn't take a page out of Nolan's batman-making book to step the series up. You've seen this movie a hundred times before, wait for DVD.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #92
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Looks stupid; not interested.

Spiderman 2 is the best super hero movie yet, there was no need for a re-imagining of the series and a stupid origin plot.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #93
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

goddamn, what a shitty diasppointment of a movie, and a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars that would have been better spent feeding the children of liberia

Imagine that, if this and John Carter werent made and the money was given to Liberia instead, the whole country would be dragged out of the third world. Instead of happy healthy liberians, we have the new Spiderman and John Carter
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #94
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

my quick n dirty review
beautiful film (watched it on digital projection). Never seen teen wolf , so I don't understand the reference. It did feel like saturday morning cartoons in parts. But I didnt mind that. To me, this spiderman, exist in a totally different "universe" from tobey macguires. So the reboot makes sense too me, i don't mind it at all. I enjoyed it for what it is.

I loved the action scenes too. Solid, no disconnected quick cuts ...this movie's action scene is the anti- michael bay. Its less ADD, and its more focus and still, if u get what i mean. The camera likes to linger in certain areas, so it makes for some iconic moments.

//
ps, don't want to contradict myself, but i can pretend now, that spiderman3 never existed, so by extension, this is the true spiderman continuum.
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #95
b1imtf
raep tiem

So, what's the veridict for this movie?
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #96
NYK_Stan
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
7/10

Did not like the new guy as Peter Parker, but did like him as Spider-man. As Peter Parker, the only thing that made him seem nerdy was the way people treated him, but he never actually came across as nerdy. As Spider-man though, he had a good Spidey-voice and made good use of being a smart ass.
I had similar thoughts on the new actor. Slightly better Spiderman/Way worse Peter.

Personally, I think I would've preferred a Spider-Man 4 to this - I missed the Bruce Campbell cameos.

I also was all like during Uncle Ben's death scene. Overall an entertaining 7/10 though
NYK_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #97
chips93
Very good NBA starter

pretty good movie, garfield is good, and it was funnier than i was expecting, based off of the trailer

at first i was kinda annoyed, i was expecting a dark knight, sorta feel, then they start cracking jokes, but it grew on me

7.5/10
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #98
NBA4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYK_Stan
I had similar thoughts on the new actor. Slightly better Spiderman/Way worse Peter.

Personally, I think I would've preferred a Spider-Man 4 to this - I missed the Bruce Campbell cameos.

I also was all like during Uncle Ben's death scene. Overall an entertaining 7/10 though

I don't like how he never found his Uncle's killer either. He kept searching and busting these random duded but never found the actual killer
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #99
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
I don't like how he never found his Uncle's killer either. He kept searching and busting these random duded but never found the actual killer
Perfect for a sequel though... that could guy lead to something else (a villain?) and/or lead to a darker side of Spiderman (if he kills him).

SPOILER:

The whole Gwen promise sets up the sequel to be just like Spiderman 2... I mean in the sense that he obviously loves her but doesn't want to endanger her. But that last smirk by her could change everything.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #100
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

I really hope they kill Gwen Stacy. That needs to happen, regardless if it occurs in part two or three, seeing as how its a trilogy..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #101
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Needs more J. Jonah Jameson.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #102
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I really hope they kill Gwen Stacy. That needs to happen, regardless if it occurs in part two or three, seeing as how its a trilogy..
It's basically guaranteed. Emma Stone even acknowledged that she knows her character will die sometime in the trilogy.... but honestly I'm really hoping it's NOT in the 2nd movie, save it for the third (because if not then they'd do something stupid like have Peter have a new love interest- Mary Jane- in the third), the Gwen-Peter relationship was amazing in this one and I wanna see more of it. Especially how it ended, they've left plenty to keep her for 2 more movies and kill her in the 3rd.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #103
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Yeah it seems like this one sacrificed the whole Daily Bugle part of Peter Parker to focus on the science oriented Peter.... which I prefer, but I'd like Jameson in the movie at some point.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #104
NYK_Stan
I airball my layups

Quote:
Pretty much this.
NYK_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #105
goldenryan
I'm Back

Quote:
I like that they didn't try to throw too much out there too quickly, it made the story flow better and made the character interactions more meaningful.

But, the sequel will definitely need to intoduce the Daily Bugle and Jameson.
I imagine the burglar and Norman Osborn will be a big part of the next installment.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: