Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #46
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Default Re: I think it's clear Lebron is at least slowly overcoming his Finals issues

To me he still looks nervous but is still playing beast. At home I think his nerves will completely disappear and his jump shot will be on. Lebron is over the hump Props to him.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #47
LakersReign
Banned

Default Re: I think it's clear Lebron is at least slowly overcoming his Finals issues

This is nothing new. Lebron performs well in games the Heat has to win, and then sucks after that. He beasts in Game 6 vs Boston, then went passive in the next game. He has to beast all game, INCLUDING the 4th to gain anymore respect. Durant has been consistent throughout the entire, but flips into another gear in the 4th. Lebron needs to follow his example.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #48
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersReign
This is nothing new. Lebron performs well in games the Heat has to win, and then sucks after that. He beasts in Game 6 vs Boston, then went passive in the next game. He has to beast all game, INCLUDING the 4th to gain anymore respect. Durant has been consistent throughout the entire, but flips into another gear in the 4th. Lebron needs to follow his example.

No I really was not even expecting him to turn into MJ in the 4th, and that's not was this thread was about. (And personally I don't view him like that)

What I mean is that even if you are having a bad game or series, you still make your impact felt. You still fill the stat sheet so to speak. You don't average 18 PPG in the Finals, or have an 8 point game. I just like that even though he's looked still a bit nervous and his jumper if off, he's doing what needs to be done, carrying the team for stretches, and obviously averaging 30+. If he had done that last year, the Heat would probably have won.

btw - His "passive" game you claim (game 7 vs. Bos) he had 31/12
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #49
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

LeBron needs to go all out in Game 3,4,5. I love to see him score 40 points in the Finals.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #50
comerb
National High School Star

I'm reserving judgement until an elimination game.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #51
LakersReign
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
No I really was not even expecting him to turn into MJ in the 4th, and that's not was this thread was about. (And personally I don't view him like that)

What I mean is that even if you are having a bad game or series, you still make your impact felt. You still fill the stat sheet so to speak. You don't average 18 PPG in the Finals, or have an 8 point game. I just like that even though he's looked still a bit nervous and his jumper if off, he's doing what needs to be done, carrying the team for stretches, and obviously averaging 30+. If he had done that last year, the Heat would probably have won.

btw - His "passive" game you claim (game 7 vs. Bos) he had 31/12

By passive, I meant that his "beastly" performances never seem to carry over. While you may not view him in an "MJ" capacity, his fans do and his hype machine surely does. with that expectation, people look toward his next game to see if he'll repeat the same performance. He doesn't and while his numbers may be decent, it's far from what's expected. Some people even see him as not playing up to his potential, and that's why he gets the criticism. He's been in the league almost 10 years and still hasn't figured it out yet. While Durant at 23 years of age, already seems to get it. Lebron will continue to get criticized, fair or unfair until he flips into another gear during the 4th like a Jordan/Magic/Bird/Kobe/KD. He may be getting there, but he still has a long way to go.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #52
SpaceJammeR
Don't Hate, Heat

Honestly I just think its because of wade being on the court with him. Cleveland days lebron had to attack and be the man to close and he had no one else to go to. But with wade who needs the ball as well then lebron doesn't do much when he doesn't have the ball. I don't think they know how to close the game together using one another. I blame spo for that.
SpaceJammeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #53
RazorBaLade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJammeR
Honestly I just think its because of wade being on the court with him. Cleveland days lebron had to attack and be the man to close and he had no one else to go to. But with wade who needs the ball as well then lebron doesn't do much when he doesn't have the ball. I don't think they know how to close the game together using one another. I blame spo for that.

boston 2010
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #54
Simple Jack
Fredette About It

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersReign

How was Durant consistent? He had a horrible first half in game 2. He's asked to do so much less than LeBron as well.

LeBron, where 32/11 is sub-par. Impossible expectations.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: