Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #31
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: Supernatural on Netflix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
That's hilarious that you mention that because after my g/f and I watched that episode, we went online like do Jared and Jensen not get along? Apparently the writers threw that in there on purpose, lol. Jensen and Jared were groomsmen at each other's weddings. And the house they used for Sam was not his real house- they were trying to be funny with having Jared/his wife's painted faces up on the wall and stuff as a joke to make it seem like they were self-absorbed.

lol thats funny. i wouldn't even think many others would even think to be curious about that

yeah i thought it might've been a lil over the top when they showed those duo paintings of them. it was a nice ass house and i kept thinking damn Sam must be a millionaire.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
What do you consider too scary to watch?

How is it dumb? And, if you actually knew anything about the show, then you would know it can get rather serious. The show touches on serious subjects like rape, death, addiction and such.

like exorcist.... i hate that movie and avoid it anytime its on. yeah i'm sure theres people who think its funny or not scary at all but it stems from when i was a lil kid believing that shit happened. its similar content to Supernatural but to me a lot scarier. i also don't watch any of those Damion movies....and i definitely don't watch any of the paranormal activities either.

i've watched buffy. Stern hyped it a long time ago where i've watched a handful of episodes. it just felt way more of a joke than Supernatural was is in its seriousness. it wasn't terrible but it didn't hook me either.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #33
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
brah, i think you'll like it. its awesome!

Buck_naked is on point here, supernatural is a great show and it keeps you thirsty for more. I love the adventure aspect of it and shit gets solved and wrapped up in each episode and the next episode is always a fresh story or "hunt". The first few seasons are great I think I'm only up to season 6 and I've really been meaning to get onto season 7 ..so many answers I want to find out.. OP you will enjoy this show!
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #34
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Just finished 7th season and damn, I want more!
Really like the show so far, but it does decline a bit in later seasons. Blonde Ruby was 100x better than the new one. Funny how I hated only the new one after she screwed them over, like there is actually 2 of them and the blonde one would never do that
Bobby is probably my favorite character and that episode centered around him (I think it's called "Weekend at Bobby's") is one of my personal faves.
Jensen is much better actor than Jared, who's too stiff most of the time imo. But I agree that they have amazing chemistry, it's like they really are brothers.

Rant in white (spoiler for those who haven't watched season 7)
Why the **** did those idjits kill-off Bobby? Great character, brings drama and comedy to the show. He's like the only person brothers can rely on. With him gone, they are almost totally alone. At first I forgot that Cass will be there, good thing that I like him too, but not as much as Bobby...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
and i definitely don't watch any of the paranormal activities either.

The Paranormal Activity movies are kind of lame. My experience for the 1st movie was ruined by retarded teenagers at the movie theater I went to, so I can't comment too much on the first one, but I've watched the 2nd on TV a couple times and it just relies on cheap horror cliches.

Quote:
i've watched buffy. Stern hyped it a long time ago where i've watched a handful of episodes. it just felt way more of a joke than Supernatural was is in its seriousness. it wasn't terrible but it didn't hook me either.

You have to go in with an open mind. I thought it was going to be a corny show geared toward teenage girls, but it's actually a really well done show. The show received plenty of praise. Taken from wiki:

"Reviews for the show were positive; it has been included in many "best of" lists, including being ranked 41st on the list of TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time, second on Empire's "50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time", voted third in 2004 and 2007 on TV Guide's "Top Cult Shows Ever" and listed in Time magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-Time". It was nominated for Emmy and Golden Globe awards, winning a total of three Emmys. However, snubs in lead Emmy categories resulted in outrage among TV critics and the decision by the academy to hold a tribute event in honor of the series after it had gone off the air in 2003"
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: