Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default I think it's clear Lebron is at least slowly overcoming his Finals issues

Game 1 he looked nervous to me, his shot completely broken, but he found a way to at least fill the stat sheet and do his job. His previous Finals high in points was 25, and he had 30.

Game 2 was still not himself, still has no jumper at all, still hasn't gotten his swag back, hasn't gotten any alley-oops where you feel like confidence is running high, but he's just put in what was needed. New Finals high of 32. Best I've ever seen him shoot FT's. Overcame a stretch in the 4th where he was passing too much and stagnating the offense, and made really the critical basket late, and two needed FTs.

I think one hot shooting night in Miami would really do wonders for erasing any remaining confidence issues. What do you all think of his 2 games so far, which haven't even been impressive efficiency wise, but considering how much better they are than his last 2 whole Finals series?
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: I think it's clear Lebron is at least slowly overcoming his Finals issues

I hope you know that Lebron isn't a good jump shooter, period. And it has nothing to do with his lack of confidence or him being shaken.

And he is playing amazing ball right now, attacking at will almost. I'd give him a 8.5/10 so far, and I believe many would give him a 9/10. I"m giving him only 8.5 though because i know his game and i know that he's made a few bad passes at costly times so far and that is very unlike him.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: I think it's clear Lebron is at least slowly overcoming his Finals issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
I hope you know that Lebron isn't a good jump shooter, period. And it has nothing to do with his lack of confidence or him being shaken.

And he is playing amazing ball right now, attacking at will almost.

I know he's not a great shooter by any means, but he's average/above average and personally you can just tell when it's off. We've had two straight games with 30+ points and has he even made a single J? That's not normal for him at all, let's not act like it's 2005.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
I know he's not a great shooter by any means, but he's average/above average and personally you can just tell when it's off. We've had two straight games with 30+ points and has he even made a single J? That's not normal for him at all, let's not act like it's 2005.

Well I'd rather have him miss his jump shots and decide to be aggressive than turn into some jump shooter.

Also, he was 14/14 from the FT line last night. That's very good....almost amazing for a 75% foul shooter like he is.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

If this trend continues through all 7 games of the series LeBron will be at 42 points in game 7, bringing his series total up to 36ppg.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Well I'd rather have him miss his jump shots and decide to be aggressive than turn into some jump shooter.

Also, he was 14/14 from the FT line last night. That's very good....almost amazing for a 75% foul shooter like he is.
12-12 but yea
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

I'm glad to see LBJ finally pull his head out of his ass in the Finals, I was impressed by that bank shot and two FTs in crunch time, if he doesn't make those shots, OKC would be in the driver's seat up 2-0...LBJ hasn't shot well from the perrimeter but he isn't Ray Allen, as long as he stays aggressive and doesn't fade in the finals minutes of the 4th, he should do fine.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

Agree, that bank shot and those 2 free throws were pretty good of him
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
PJR
NBA lottery pick

Back to back 30 with ease and his jumper hasn't even been on.

Expect that jumper to fall in Miami.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Lebron is playing like we expect him to as the best player. After 11 games without scoring 30 in the finals only to average over 30 in the series could be the turning point in the way he is looked at as a finals player.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Back to back 30 with ease and his jumper hasn't even been on.

Expect that jumper to fall in Miami.
You don't want leBron falling in love with his jumper though, that's what opposing coaches want, you want LBJ attacking the rim, putting pressure and fouls on the defense, I'll take jump shooting LeBron, even if he's hitting his shots over artacking the rim LeBron.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

The game he takes over in the 4th (a la Durant game 1) when the Heat need it, then I'll believe he is over the issues.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

As far as I can tell, Lebron has continued to put up great overall stats, but also continues to under-perform when it matters most...in the 4th.
To wit: 25% FG, 2 TOs, ill advised 3 pointer that almost cost them the game.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
You don't want leBron falling in love with his jumper though, that's what opposing coaches want, you want LBJ attacking the rim, putting pressure and fouls on the defense, I'll take jump shooting LeBron, even if he's hitting his shots over artacking the rim LeBron.

Why does it have to be one or the other? How about we demand him to be....gulp....a complete offensive player? Is that too much to ask? Believe it or not, ability to make jump shots makes you a bigger threat on the basketball court. It makes your team better. LeBron HURTS his team out there with crappy perimeter shooting. To expect a perimeter player like him to just "attack" is stupid and unrealistic. There will be times when he'll be on the perimeter and unable to drive, due to his lack of quickness and the adjustments made by the defense. He'll need to make a few jumpers then, like ANY PERIMETER PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO. What happens then?

Miami won't win this series if LeBron continues to suck from outside. OKC will soon start shading him on his drives right from tip-off, something they did do in the 4th qtr last night and completely shut down his slow-motion drives. Then what? This is why he SHOULD be taking jumpers every now and then, just to establish something, anything beyond the paint.

Last edited by Indian guy : 06-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: