Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
M.Bustly15A5RU8
High School Varsity 12th Man

M.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat coolM.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG

He has small hands just like Kwame Brown. He's not physically strong and doesn't have impressive athleticism or wiriness to make up for it.

His ceiling is poor man's Kevin Garnett. But I'm pretty sure he'll be a bust.
M.Bustly15A5RU8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people
Default Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG

Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
He has small hands just like Kwame Brown. He's not physically strong and doesn't have impressive athleticism or wiriness to make up for it.

His ceiling is poor man's Kevin Garnett. But I'm pretty sure he'll be a bust.
I don't think he'll be a bust of epic proportions like Greg Oden but I do think Anthony Davis will leave people disappointed.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

A poor man's KG is far from bust.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the way he's being billed as a level above the rest of the draft is unfair, but I don't think there is any question he's going to be able to have an impact on defense, and will probably be elite on that end if he adds a reasonable amount of weight
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

A poor man's KG would still result in a solid role player/starter in the NBA.

I don't think Davis will become a superstar, but IMO he'll probably make a few All-Star games and probably a few All-Defensive teams on his way to a solid NBA career.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
A poor man's KG is far from bust.

Agreed, if he's 3/4 the player KG was that's a success.

I do think he's getting overhyped though, mostly because he's the best player in a "strong draft". The problem is it's strong because the top 10-15 players are B to B+ prospects, when usually you've got a few A, a few B and by the time you get to 10 you're looking at C guys.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe that's why he won't shave his unibrow...it helps distract from the writing on his forehead
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I do think he's getting overhyped though, mostly because he's the best player in a "strong draft". The problem is it's strong because the top 10-15 players are B to B+ prospects, when usually you've got a few A, a few B and by the time you get to 10 you're looking at C guys.

Definitely overhyped. People are acting like he's going to be a franchise player with elite defense, worth giving up a lot for before the draft.

I see a Marcus Camby type guy, maybe a little better.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

I think he'll be a mix between Patrick and Hakeem
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
Sammobile
Die Hard Hornet

Sammobile has not been impressing people
Default Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
at best be a poor man's KG
You say that like it's a bad thing
Sammobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
I think he'll be a mix between Patrick and Hakeem

Patrick O'Bryant and Hakim Warrick?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Agreed, if he's 3/4 the player KG was that's a success.

exactly.
If he gets to be 3/4 the player KG was he will be at least top 10 PF/C in this league.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

He should be a solid player/role player. Which I guess would be disappointing for a #1 pick. I think guys picked late in the 1st and even in the 2nd round will have better careers than a majority of the lottery picks. This draft is deep in the sense that it has a lot of guys that can play in the league, but it's not a superstar level type draft.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't think he'll be a bust of epic proportions like Greg Oden but I do think Anthony Davis will leave people disappointed.
Agree with this.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: