Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here
Default Being that player people want.

I'm a streaky player, and my confidence is offset by the smallest things, a bad call, playing a certain team or as such. But I trying the work on it. A more key thing I want to get at is just generally being the player people want on their team. What can I do to make people really love playing with me? I'm 5'7 combo guard. I can pass well and rarely turn it over. But my court vision is lacking
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Being that player people want.

Don't trash talk and find something your good at and become great at it. Also play hard on defense
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Play hard and know your role, period. Even when a player has poor fundamentals and struggles to make jump shots, if he knows his limits and goes all out all the time, I'll love to have him on my team.

Sometimes we can't control certain portions of our game. Our shot might be unusually broke, our court vision might be lacking, we may have missed an open layup. However, we can control never giving up defensively, trailing the fast break even when we think a made basket is a certainty, and if we're always active. Those things can turn poor basketball days into great ones, and everyone respects that.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far

I hate people with excuses. Like i smoke, or i'm tired, i'm a football player ect..... Some of the best people i play with or the ones with no basketball skill but hustle hard have high energy and don't turn the ball over. Nobody expects you to be jordan my man, but know your roll and DON'T BE AFRAID. If there's a cut to be made make it. If your open call for the ball nobody is mad at an open shot.

But really if you want to be desirable...COMMUNICATE. Especially on defense. Let people know if theres a pick coming. Someone is setting a screen. Tell your team to get back on defense, people like that give the team wins and thats what its about period.
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

U said u can pass well but ur court vision is lacking.

That does not make any sense to me.

Those two go together.

Being shorter, it might be harder for u to see the floor.

Just play good D and call screens as the other poster said.

And pass to people and they will like u. But sometimes it's not good to be what people want and like.

All I know is i hate hogs and people who try hero shots all the time and don't play like it is a team game which it is.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
Svendiggity
Great young streetballer

Svendiggity has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
But really if you want to be desirable...COMMUNICATE. Especially on defense. Let people know if theres a pick coming. Someone is setting a screen. Tell your team to get back on defense, people like that give the team wins and thats what its about period.

Great advice.

Communication keeps everyone engaged.
Svendiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: