Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far
Default Selltheknicks planning anti-dolan protest at Draft

I see there is an anti-dolan protest that will happen at the Draft. This definatly makes up for the way the NBA finals have been fixed! We get to see more fun from the knicks!

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/...c_b erman.htm
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
knicksfan3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

knicksfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Thank god... we need to take a stand to the organization. Though I dont think Dolan can give 2 ****ts about it.
knicksfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Dolan's not the problem. Neither is isiah. He made the right moves it's just the players around him that don't see eye to eye. Marbury is a piece of selfish crap but i like him as a scorer and a passer. Notice how i said scorer first than passer. Because that is his mindset. Shoot Pass. We need a Pass Shoot type of PG. Marbury and Francis are both SG's in a PG's body. I don't understand why people always say this. Marbury is averaging 8 assists in his career and hes a scorer? If he scores all the time than how does he get the assists. Just cause Marbury plays the PG position doesn't mean that he's killing the team. Remember when we won like 6 games in a row in january. Marbury/Richardson/Lee/Frye/Curry. then LB changed the lineup and we starting losing again. It's not Marbury's fault. It's the chemistry.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
houselog442
I airball my layups

Umm, Marbury was a selfish player and everyone knew it when Isiah took his bloated contract, and Penny's bloated contract! Marbury only passes the ball when he has no play at all will not pass when there is an open pass but requiress the next teammate to make a pass too, since that would give the teammate the assist and not Marbury! Everyone also knows that Francis was the same exact player as Marbury, with another bloated contract. This team was put together by idiots and then the Curry deal could end up being the worst deal in NBA history. They need to line up Dolan, Isiah, and LB in one room together and shoot all 3 of them!

There was an article i read that compares Isiah to Robert Mugabe, I think its an acurate read!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

I know I'm knew here but I've seen some of your posts and I think you're a little too obsessed with shotguns and shooting the Knicks. if you don't like what they're doing than leave. Marbury is averaging 8 assists per game in his career. I don't know how he got them because he doesn't pass to the open player, right houselog? You're full of it. We're not winning because of the coach and the way the coach wants our players to play. get rid of Larry Brown and make Isiah the coach. Zeke knows what he has to do for this team to succeed. And that's to make Marbury be Starbury again.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'd like to throw out there that even though Marbury is consider a ball hog/chucker his career assist per game, 8, is higher than the current flavor of the month's, Steve Nash, who's average is 7.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Exactly KO.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
houselog442
I airball my layups

Wrong again HKSVIP. The numbers are decieving. Nash's career assist percentage is lower because those numbers were low at the beginning of his career at phoenix when his playing time was low due to playing behind Jason Kidd and Kevin Johnson. Here are his assist per game averages and thier minutes per game over the years:

Steve Nash---- Stephon Marbury
96-97 2.1 10.5---- 7.8 34.7
97-98 3.4 21.9---- 8.6 38.0
98-99 5.5 31.7---- 8.9 38.7
99-00 4.9 27.4---- 8.4 38.9
00-01 7.3 34.1---- 7.6 38.2
01-02 7.7 34.6---- 8.1 38.9
02-03 7.3 33.1---- 8.1 40.0
03-04 8.8 33.5---- 8.9 40.1
04-05 11.5 34.3---- 8.1 40.0
05-06 10.5 35.5---- 6.4 36.5

Total 7.1 30.0---- 8.1 38.5

When you do the math it shows that the only reason that Marbury has high assist numbers is that he plays a very high number of minutes. Nash's assists per game is hurt by low playing time early in his career. Nash's last 3 seasons have easily been better than Marbury's! The most important part is the winning percentage. It doesn't take a genious to figure out who has won more in this league: Nash! Marbury is overrated and overpaid! Marbury this season made $16.453 million, (same as iverson) while nash made $9.625 million this season. Nash has a better shooting percentage and has a higher assist to turnover ratio!

Marbury is will probably play better next season because his morale will be higher without LB around and Isiah will probably let him do his thing, but it will not last long. He will make everyone else on that team mad at him and he will undermine the team. Nash is the better player, and has won more, Marbury has never gotten past the first round of the playoffs in his entire career!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 PM   #9
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Firt round. I could deal with that for the rest of the years on his contract.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #10
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I know that Nash didn't play early on. He was drafted to be a back up to Kevin Johnson. I was simply trying to point out that media perception at times takes over what is reality.

Marbury is a scoring point guard. If he has the best look he'll take it. If he sees someone with a better chance he'll give it up.

Quote:
Nash is the better player, and has won more, Marbury has never gotten past the first round of the playoffs in his entire career!
This however is a bit crazy. When has Marbury ever play on a team as good or healthy as the Dallas or phoenix teams Nash has played on?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Jason Terry doesn't seem like a pass first PG scoring 30 points in some games and not 8 or more assists in the FINALS. how did they get that far without a passing PG? Because it is not Marbury's fault we are losing. It's chemistry and with one starting lineup next year and a solid rotation, we will have the chemistry and show the haters and larry brown why he had to go in order for this team to succeed.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #12
houselog442
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
This however is a bit crazy. When has Marbury ever play on a team as good or healthy as the Dallas or phoenix teams Nash has played on?

Marbury stunk up a very talented New Jersey team and when they traded him for Jason Kidd, they went from a 30 win team to 2 NBA finals. When he was with the Wolves they made the first round of the playoffs but were supposedly going to be worse when they traded him and got the 'inferior' terrel brandon and they actually won more games with Brandon. In Phoenix he had one excellent year (a contract year) where they made the first round of the playoffs. After they shipped him off (and Penny too) to NY, they got the salary cap room to sign Nash and now they have been in the conference finals 2 years in a row. It just keeps adding up, Marbury has been on talented teams his whole career, but they always underachieved until Marbury left, and then they started playing better. Face it, Marbury is the Coney Island loser, and as long as the Knicks will have him he is nothing more than fools gold!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by houselog442
Marbury stunk up a very talented New Jersey team and when they traded him for Jason Kidd, they went from a 30 win team to 2 NBA finals.
Once again some one has fallen for the hype. Question, were the Nets one of the most injury-prone teams in the league during Marbury's stint, actually setting a NBA "record" for man games missed due to injury during that period whic eposed their lack of quality big men?

Here's a hint: Aaron Williams became a starting center because the #1 center on the depth chart, Jamie Feick, went down to injury.

Quote:
When he was with the Wolves they made the first round of the playoffs but were supposedly going to be worse when they traded him and got the 'inferior' terrel brandon and they actually won more games with Brandon.
Inferior???

Quote:
In Phoenix he had one excellent year (a contract year) where they made the first round of the playoffs. After they shipped him off (and Penny too) to NY, they got the salary cap room to sign Nash and now they have been in the conference finals 2 years in a row.
Again go check out the roster and man games missed due to injury. Lack of quality bigs plus injuries equals doom. On top of that Mike D'Antoni was not the coach. The coach was Frank Johnson who, while a good coach, did not have a system that negated the effects of lacking quality bigs like D'Antoni runs.

Quote:
It just keeps adding up, Marbury has been on talented teams his whole career, but they always underachieved until Marbury left, and then they started playing better. Face it, Marbury is the Coney Island loser, and as long as the Knicks will have him he is nothing more than fools gold!
In each of those situation the team was either in the early stages of developement (Minnesota), injury and depth problems (New Jersey and Phoenix), or a combination of both (New York).

There is no question that Marbury is bad luck. It's like the injury bug is his pet. Everywhere he's been, save Minnesota, the team has had injury problems.

Steph may be a jinx but on the court he's not a problem.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: