Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Lakers Want Back In First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Pau to NOH for #10.

They have a bunch of cap space from what I hear.

overreaction much???? say bye bye to any chance of being a pretender next year then....and waste kobe's 2-3 years

come on lakerfreak ....thats Turrible....you are better than that
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Can't do it..........CBA

Aren't the Hornets 22 million under the cap? If so they can absorb pretty much any players salary for a draft pick if they really wanted to. I don't see them being interested in Pau anyway. They're already drafting a PF in Davis.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
overreaction much???? say bye bye to any chance of being a pretender next year then....and waste kobe's 2-3 years

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I think whoever is at number 10 can make a big impact.

Pau played like garbage and we still did pretty decent. Imagine adding younger legs to that position from a player that has 15 years ahead of him still. That'd be a good deal.

Now that I am hearing that Magic might accept Pau for Dwight though, I would much rather do that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

Pau played like garbage and we still did pretty decent. Imagine adding younger legs to that position from a player that has 15 years ahead of him still. That'd be a good deal.

Now that I am hearing that Magic might accept Pau for Dwight though, I would much rather do that.

stop with the nonsense already...please....

we know you dont like Pau but stop underrating so much that you will take a rookie punk at #10 over Pau

like the 1000 times i have said...Pau is to be blamed...but its the fcuking Coach's responsibility to put him in positions to succeed
Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #21
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
stop with the nonsense already...please....

we know you dont like Pau but stop underrating so much that you will take a rookie punk at #10 over Pau

like the 1000 times i have said...Pau is to be blamed...but its the fcuking Coach's responsibility to put him in positions to succeed

Amen. Pau still has value. In the right position, with the right coach, he is still a 20pt, 10 board, 5 assist post player. Who else in the league can you say that about?
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Amen. Pau still has value. In the right position, with the right coach, he is still a 20pt, 10 board, 5 assist post player. Who else in the league can you say that about?

apparently a 10# pick in 2012 draft...lol
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Im ready to move on withOUT Pau and would rather have Scola or Josh Smith PLUS a starting PG but a 10th pick? are you kidding me.
BTW, that Garbage ranked
11th in rebounds, better than Duncan, Noah, Chandler, West, Perkins, Bosh, Ibaka etc.
6th in blocks ahead of Chandler, Martin, Asik,Duncan, Deandre Jordan, Marc, KG, Horford, Noah etc
7th in double doubles, besting Paul,Smith, West, etc
24th in assists ahead of Pierce, Joe Johnson, Marc, Darren Collison, Sessions, George Hill, Duncan
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #24
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im ready to move on withOUT Pau and would rather have Scola or Josh Smith PLUS a starting PG but a 10th pick? are you kidding me.
BTW, that Garbage ranked
11th in rebounds, better than Duncan, Noah, Chandler, West, Perkins, Bosh, Ibaka etc.
6th in blocks ahead of Chandler, Martin, Asik,Duncan, Deandre Jordan, Marc, KG, Horford, Noah etc
24th in assists ahead of Pierce, Joe Johnson, Marc, Darren Collison, Sessions, George Hill, Duncan

Good job Tamara...finding the info :)

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 06-27-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #25
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
BTW, that Garbage ranked
This. I'll contribute he did all this as the Lakers 3rd option.

Lakers fans are going to miss Pau when he's gone. When Bynum's standing down there taking double teams and turning over the ball ad-nauseam because he's clueless other than ball go in hole fans are going to wonder where that great interior passing went. When Bynum's bogged down because there's no one else who can play from 15 feet in with consistency to keep the defense honest they'll be calling for his head. Bynum is a reflection of what Pau gave him by being such a versatile player in the paint and having Kobe out on the perimeter. When Pau's gone Bynum's multitude of shortcomings will be exposed. Oklahoma already gave us a preview of what Bynum's life is going to look like with Pau gone it's not pretty for Bynum. I don't even want to think what Bynum's going to look like when Kobe's gone.

Last edited by BØBØ : 06-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #26
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
This. I'll contribute he did all this as the Lakers 3rd option.

Lakers fans are going to miss Pau when he's gone. When Bynum's standing down there taking double teams and turning over the ball ad-nauseam because he's clueless other than ball go in hole fans are going to wonder where that great interior passing went. When Bynum's bogged down because there's no one else who can play from 15 feet in with consistency to keep the defense honest they'll be calling for his head. Bynum is a reflection of what Pau gave him by being such a versatile player in the paint and having Kobe out on the perimeter. When Pau's gone Bynum's multitude of shortcomings will be exposed. Oklahoma already gave us a preview of what Bynum's life is going to look like with Pau gone it's not pretty for Bynum. I don't even want to think what Bynum's going to look like when Kobe's gone.

I think it was Picc who pointed out 2 yrs ago that Shannon Brown was such a bad entry passer. Why am I pointing this out? Bec most of us simply get wowed by a player's ability to fly and do those spectacular dunks, shoot those 3's etc and fail to see the other details of the game. There are players out there including guards who are not very good entry passers.
A huge part of Bynum's resurgence in the regular season was bec of Pau's positioning in the court, sucking his defender and his ability to feed him the ball from within 5 feet.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #27
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
I think it was Picc who pointed out 2 yrs ago that Shannon Brown was such a bad entry passer. Why am I pointing this out? Bec most of us simply get wowed by a player's ability to fly and do those spectacular dunks, shoot those 3's etc and fail to see the other details of the game. There are players out there including guards who are not very good entry passers.
A huge part of Bynum's resurgence in the regular season was bec of Pau's positioning in the court, sucking his defender and his ability to feed him the ball from within 5 feet.
A huge part of Bynum's game is being assisted. 73% of his makes come on assists.

All bigs score on assists for the most part but Bynum is abnormally high. Howard's around 53% for an example and that's lower than the norm due to his high amount of putbacks 65% is about normal for big men depending on their games. Pau's is at 67% Duncans right there too but they get a higher rating because their dunks off of assists are so high it skews the meter despite the fact they don't dunk the ball very often. Take out dunks and Pau's assisted shots drops to around 62% Take out dunks and Bynum's stay in the low 70's
Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trading him for the 10th pick would also save the lakers money, which will result in more flexibility for the future. But hey, I just blurt out ideas like an idiot. Forgive me for breathing.

Edit: There is not one star caliber player we can get for Pau. Might as well bank on a prospect with star potential.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #29
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Trading him for the 10th pick would also save the lakers money, which will result in more flexibility for the future. But hey, I just blurt out ideas like an idiot. Forgive me for breathing.

Edit: There is not one star caliber player we can get for Pau. Might as well bank on a prospect with star potential.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #30
BØBØ
Local High School Star

Quote:
This
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: