Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far
Default Do u get injured often playing hoops?

Injuries are the worst. It frustrates me and keeps me from working out and going to play ball.

I hurt my shooting hand's index finger trying to foul a guy but his knee or lower body part went up on my finger and I lost feeling on it and i could not bend it for a few days.

And yesterday I took a huge spill on the gym floor while driving to the hole. I am not clumsy dude so I think there was sweat spot on the floor so now my right hip, elbow, and knee are in pain and got bone sticking out lol. It sucks.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

Default Re: Do u get injured often playing hoops?

call me crazy but i'm walking with a limp and i'm planning on going back to play later or maybe just shoot around to be safe but if there are good runs, i know i will want to join lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

What is an injury?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol this is the pussiest shit i ever read.....a sprained finger and some bruises? Oh shucks, what a true warrior.

In the last three years i've had three badly sprained ankles requiring surgery, broken meniscus, fully torn ACL requiring surgery....displaced thumb, sprained lower back that never got healed and created scar tissue....displaced shoulder from benching at the gym.....

And im still out there playing ball with no elevation but some crafty ass post moves and a great soft touch...

Make this thread after real injuries, not biitchmade ticky tack boo boos
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it depends on what "often" means, but I've experienced my fair share of injuries over the years. The serious ones are never fun (broken wrist, ruptured tendon in hand) but more often it's the nagging injuries that wreak havoc on my ability to play.

For instance, I struggled through what I can only assume was a sports hernia two years ago. I was told that type of injury is usually left to heal on its own (unless you're a pro athlete, in which case surgery is performed). And it did ultimately heal on its own, but it took nearly an entire calender year. I've also had minor back issues creep up here or there. Neither injury altogether kept me out of the game, but they were both lame enough to limit my abilities to varying degrees.

In terms of day-to-day participation though, I mostly experience low key things that will not stay with me for longer than three days to a week and often do not affect my game in a negative fashion. Bumps, bruises, slight strains, the type of non-effectual type of injuries you'd expect to occur in a game like basketball.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far

Used to injure my ankle alot like 3-4 years ago. And then i injured my knee which i continued to play on. Which as a horrible mistake it was debilitating at a certain point. I just took 6-7 months away from the game rehab. Used weights and my dad's pool to rehab. But since then ive been good at avoiding serious injuries.
Usually i just get little injuries such as jammed finger, sore wrist now.
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
Used to injure my ankle alot like 3-4 years ago. And then i injured my knee which i continued to play on. Which as a horrible mistake it was debilitating at a certain point. I just took 6-7 months away from the game rehab. Used weights and my dad's pool to rehab. But since then ive been good at avoiding serious injuries.
Usually i just get little injuries such as jammed finger, sore wrist now.
What specifically was the injury you sustained to your knee and how long did you wait before you had it checked out?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #8
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Sprained Ankle. I landed awkwardly after I attempted a reverse layup.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Other than commonly injured fingers, I've been lucky.

The only problem is my knees are messed up from being sprained a million times through my life so I can't drive to the hole as hard. My elevation is unaffected.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
What specifically was the injury you sustained to your knee and how long did you wait before you had it checked out?

Some big linebacker type guy who was probably 6'4 235 and me 5'11 155 went after a lose ball and he ran smack into my knee. Then my knee gave away. I mean i couldnt even stand for 5 mins. I kept playing on it for like 3 weeks bought a knee brace and stuff, but it really wasnt helping

I waited bout a month to get it checked out. and i had a meniscus tear, but I said no to surgery because that is like a last option for me. If i stopped playing that day it was injured and let it heal on its own i would of been back in a month tops. But because i kept playing on it it took me half a year and still hurts time to time to this day
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yes. But I play through it.
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #12
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
yes. But I play through it.

Just like Kobe.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
lol this is the pussiest shit i ever read.....a sprained finger and some bruises? Oh shucks, what a true warrior.

In the last three years i've had three badly sprained ankles requiring surgery, broken meniscus, fully torn ACL requiring surgery....displaced thumb, sprained lower back that never got healed and created scar tissue....displaced shoulder from benching at the gym.....

And im still out there playing ball with no elevation but some crafty ass post moves and a great soft touch...

op got the ether haha
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac

Not every player is a tough guy like u. Yes A sprained index finger that can't bend on my shooting hand and it does affect my game a lot since I can't catch the ball well or shoot my 3s. A sprained finger might not affect a post player as much but I'm a PG and SG and even dribbling on the finger is painful.

I don't have the pain tolerance of u. Not all of us are tough guys! And yes I am soft. I admit it. I average 0.9 rebounds a game as a guard and I been called finesse and soft before lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #15
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
op got the ether haha

Lol. Well everyone is different. Some can play through injuries and some can't and won't.

I'm not trying to win at all costs or get hurt and get athriitis for the rest of my life. It's just pick up ball. It's not worth it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: