Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do u get injured often playing hoops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep
Lol. Well everyone is different. Some can play through injuries and some can't and won't.

I'm not trying to win at all costs or get hurt and get athriitis for the rest of my life. It's just pick up ball. It's not worth it.
I feel where you're coming from. I'm definitely a lot more likely to rest my body when I feel it's needed these days. If I sprain my ankle, a lot of times I'll give myself a few extra days because I'll realize it's not worth trying to play and risk re-spraining it, thus doubling recovery time.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I feel where you're coming from. I'm definitely a lot more likely to rest my body when I feel it's needed these days. If I sprain my ankle, a lot of times I'll give myself a few extra days because I'll realize it's not worth trying to play and risk re-spraining it, thus doubling recovery time.

Exactly! U have to be smart about your body and know it. There are guys at my gym who sprained their ankles recently and I have not seen them at all for at least 2 weeks now lol. I guess they are still recovering.

It's not about gym wins and losses anymore, it's more about the victory of not being injured and being healthy and ready to play or work out the next day.

I definitely don't take charges and I don't run through screens anymore.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

I roll my ankles occasionally and have had piriformis syndrome which lasted months but I don't miss much. I've played with my ankles in pretty bad shape before which is probably not a good idea but I love the game.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #19
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i haven't played in years but i always had problems with jammed fingers.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #20
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

LBJFTW has decent reputation

I played for a year straight with plantar fasciitis. I'm paying for it now.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

All these injuries just shows u that its not about winning or losing a game, it is about going home healthy with no broken bones or bruises or torn ligaments.

We should play for fun and exercise and although competing is fun, don't take it too serious. Win or lose it doesn't matter at the end of the day.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
All these injuries just shows u that its not about winning or losing a game, it is about going home healthy with no broken bones or bruises or torn ligaments.

We should play for fun and exercise and although competing is fun, don't take it too serious. Win or lose it doesn't matter at the end of the day.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I am unsure as to whether you are being serious.

For me, I'd have been unable to accomplish half of what I did in the game of basketball if I were always worrying about getting injured. In my opinion, the only way to play the game of basketball is with reckless abandon. One must let loose and go all out.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nah breh
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: