Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Omer Asik

The Bulls are "likely" to match any offer for restricted free agent Omer Asik.
Asik will be a coveted man, so it will be interesting to see just how far the Bulls are willing to go in matching offers for his services. Asik averaged 3.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in just under 15 minutes per game.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Omer Asik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warners0
The Bulls are "likely" to match any offer for restricted free agent Omer Asik.
Asik will be a coveted man, so it will be interesting to see just how far the Bulls are willing to go in matching offers for his services. Asik averaged 3.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in just under 15 minutes per game.

Hopefully we bring him back at a reasonable price. If not it'd be interesting to see if we can package him in a trade deal that would bring us a lot of value back.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.

The Celtics are reportedly eying restricted free agent Omer Asik.

Take this with a massive grain of salt. The Celtics need size and Asik will likely explore the market, but there has been nothing to suggestion from the Boston media that the interest in Asik is legitimate. The Bulls have previously said that they plan to match any offer on Asik and see him as a "key piece" of their team.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I hope he stays with the Bulls. That's the one thing the Bulls have over so many other teams is size and depth at the 4 and 5 positions.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I want him back. But if we end up matching a high offer for him I don't see it as good idea to pay your backup center who plays such a small amount of minutes a large amount of money.

I would still match the offer and bring him back, but then I would turn around and trade him to a team who really wants him for a draft pick and a young player who plays a position which is more of a need.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: