Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far
Default OT Ricky Hatton vs Juan Urango

Its a pretty big deal here in the UK, urango looks solid though, kinda like a light welterweight tyson. Should be a good fight urango is a south paw might give ricky some trouble. What you guys think?
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

when is it? is it on espn or hbo?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
when is it? is it on espn or hbo?

dont know about you guys its on pay per view over here.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ricky needs to come over here and get whooped on by Pretty Boy.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Agreed mayweather would prolly tear his head off, that guy is one of the best ever pound for pound in my opinion, like him more than i used to like roy back in the day. Shame about his personal probs otherwise he would be hyped a lot more.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

He wont. He is too much of a puss. Scardy cat. Floyd Jr said he would go over there and kick his ass and Ricky doesnt wanna fight right now. Duck Duck Duck Duck Goose.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He wont. He is too much of a puss. Scardy cat. Floyd Jr said he would go over there and kick his ass and Ricky doesnt wanna fight right now. Duck Duck Duck Duck Goose.

Nah i dont think ricky is scared at all the man is fearless and if you see him fight you would no that, but his avisors wanna make sure they get the biggest purse possible. Look at what ricky did to tzu who knocked out mayweather lite in zab. Ricky isnt scared of no one, its more to do with economics.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Nah i dont think ricky is scared at all the man is fearless and if you see him fight you would no that, but his avisors wanna make sure they get the biggest purse possible. Look at what ricky did to tzu who knocked out mayweather lite in zab. Ricky isnt scared of no one, its more to do with economics.

More money? He's not a draw. He wishes he was Bernard Hopkins to Roy Jones Jr. Meaning Hopkins wanted a big payday dispite Roy being the draw. Floyd is the draw, he is p4p the best in boxing, he is the big dawg. Ricky aint drawing nothing. He takes what he is offered and fights a great fighter in hopes of an upset.

Ricky aint shyt.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
More money? He's not a draw. He wishes he was Bernard Hopkins to Roy Jones Jr. Meaning Hopkins wanted a big payday dispite Roy being the draw. Floyd is the draw, he is p4p the best in boxing, he is the big dawg. Ricky aint drawing nothing. He takes what he is offered and fights a great fighter in hopes of an upset.

Ricky aint shyt.

LOL exactly the reason he is fighting guys like urango in vegas to build himself up as a draw. He aint beating mayweather, dont think anyone has a chance really( apart form zab if he wasnt such a nutcase) but either way ricky is a beast.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hate to sound like a d0uche but Floyd is untouchable. No one wants to fight him.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Why is he fighting Urango again? Urango owns a belt I assume. Tougher opponents to face but i guess this is a better selection for the states to see so he doesnt get embarrased by a tougher challenge.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #12
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Why is he fighting Urango again? Urango owns a belt I assume. Tougher opponents to face but i guess this is a better selection for the states to see so he doesnt get embarrased by a tougher challenge.

Yeah ofcourse its called building a fighter, every boxer has gone through this, and since hatton is barely known in the states its good to have him have fights like this first.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #13
mswank
High School JV MVP

mswank has an OK reputation so far

i've never seen urango fight...i'm assuming he's one of those dudes with an impressive physique but in the ring he's a dope.

if hatton and jl castillo both win tonight, they'll fight each other...hopefully not in england where hatton will be allowed to shove a dude into the corner like mr. t in rocky 3.
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswank
i've never seen urango fight...i'm assuming he's one of those dudes with an impressive physique but in the ring he's a dope.

if hatton and jl castillo both win tonight, they'll fight each other...hopefully not in england where hatton will be allowed to shove a dude into the corner like mr. t in rocky 3.

HAHAHA hatton jus closes space real well, stop hating. Btw its mad funny, I dont actualy rate hatton that much, amir khan will be better once he matures and gains experience from england, but he is a solid fighter.
I have only seen highlights of this urango guy, he sems like aknock out artist not really a boxer as such.

Last edited by gb8 : 01-20-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ricky Hatton should have done this 2yrs ago. Those damn euros always milk a career overseas then wanna start anew here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswank

Hatton vs Castillo BETTER be the next matchup. No ifs, ands or buts. Thus I'm assuming both take care of thier business of course.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: