Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default OT: Marty Shottenheimer Coming Back

On sportscenter
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

On the one hand, a 14-2 record says that the coach should be kept. On the other, he's possibly the worst postseason coach out there. If I was running SD I'd get rid of him as soon as a proven playoff winner came available, but there's no one fitting that description out there right now except for Cowher, who's taking a break.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

I guess the Chargers dont care about ever going to the Super Bowl. He will just waste the talent he has just like he's done everywhere he's coached.
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Id keep taking my chances with him, he did go 14-2, and there arent better coaches out there.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Id keep taking my chances with him, he did go 14-2, and there arent better coaches out there.

i dunno if he went 14-2 i think LT went 14-2
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Firing a HC going 14-2 opens a can of worms. Its NOT done. Also tells HC canidates what they are in for so they might be discouraged by coming there. Anyone with a brain brings the HC back because not the bar has been set. 14-2, one of the best offenses in the game, first round bye and a 2nd round loss. Marty now has to top this seasons performance and if not THEN he is opened to be fired. SuperBowl or nothing. You dont put a new HC in that position having to follow up a season Marty had. Saves you from lookin like a moron. And this also gives you a chance to enter in the Cowher sweepstakes next year.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

I don't understand why everybody's so ready to burn Schottenheimer at the stake. The Merriman scandal had absolutely zero impact on his team, there were no locker room distractions, he has the team dancing to the beat of his drum, and he was NOT outcoached in the 2nd round. He actually did a great job. His team just improbably lost that game. He's the guy who brought Rivers along slowly even when fans were calling for Brees' head. And when he did insert Rivers there was a smooth transition.

Where's the blood? I see no lasting wounds on this team. They lost against a very battle tested team. They'll learn from it. Welcome back Marty Mar
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

They are better than the Patriots, and lost.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Wheres Belichich going to go our how ever you spell his name.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Wheres Belicheck going to go
He'll be in Indy tomorrow, and Miami in a few weeks.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
I don't understand why everybody's so ready to burn Schottenheimer at the stake. The Merriman scandal had absolutely zero impact on his team, there were no locker room distractions, he has the team dancing to the beat of his drum, and he was NOT outcoached in the 2nd round. He actually did a great job. His team just improbably lost that game. He's the guy who brought Rivers along slowly even when fans were calling for Brees' head. And when he did insert Rivers there was a smooth transition.

Where's the blood? I see no lasting wounds on this team. They lost against a very battle tested team. They'll learn from it. Welcome back Marty Mar

His reputation as a postseason coach. Good-Great regular season, and lousy postseason. 14-2 and lost at home after coming off a bye. I can see WHY Marty critics want to burn him. But the thing i cant agree on with them is when to burn him. Just not now.

Marty is like 5-13, 5-14 in the postseason. 2nd worst playoff record for a coach.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He'll be in Indy tomorrow, and Miami in a few weeks.

So he is gonna fly all the way to MIAMI to congratulate Tony Dungy and the Colts for Representing the AFC CONFERENCE. What a nice guy he is.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

dirty dozen, naughty rotten rhymer
cursin at you players worse than marty schottenheimer
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: