Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Happy Anniversary 81!!!

Jan. 22, 2006: A sluggish stagnant Los Angeles Lakers team was down by double digits (14) to the Toronto Raptors going into halftime. Kobe Bryant was as Lamar Odom describes him dead silent in the locker room, with an expressionless facial gesture. What happened after that is history. Kobe would take the court and single handedly bring his team back scoring 55 points in the second half to end the night was an astonishing 81 points on 61% shooting. The defecit that was 16 turned into a victory by 18 (122-104). What started out as a disaster for a Lakers team/fanbase turned out to be a memorable night marked by true greatness.

Thank you Kobe Bryant!

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-22-2007 at 06:27 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
JMEWLS

gee what a game that was, i think its one of the greatest moments in NBA history. 2nd best scoring total in one game, kobe was just magical.

here's a video of all 81 points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRikrksH8es
Old 01-22-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

They kept showing the tape on NBA TV today with some NBA players commenting on it (Terry, Dirk, and Arenas who sounded like the biggest Kobe fanboy ). Truely a historical day, It's been a while since Kobe has had a 40-45+ point game and tomorrow's game is at Staples against a weak defensive team, who knows maybe he'll score 45+ points, wouldn't count on it though.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

0 Assist...

JK
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
0 Assist...

JK

how dare you? it was 2 assts haha

so what was ISH like the night of 81 (i wasnt here yet) ?

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-22-2007 at 06:57 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

Never been a groupie/hater of Kobe Bryant. But he's just an amazing basketball talent.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

More like anniversary of the day the raptors played like pansies, showed no balls and wouldn't hack a guy that was running up points like that. I am pissed ot this day that no one even bothered to play tough D on him, let alone hack him when he drove to the basket. In real basketball, when a guy is going off on you, you get an enforcer in there to knock him hard when he goes to the rim so that he'll think twice about doing it again. I don't care what anyone says, I watched the game live with my friends and we all agreed that there were a few plays where Kobe (and the rest of the Lakers) were clearly just running up points to chase a record. It is at that point that the Raps should have let him know that you don't let someone take a dump on your team, and fight back.
God i am so annoyed at this game still, worst basketball I've seen in years.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default we

I was lucky enough to miss that game but those some of those shots were . However, something in the back of my mind says that even if we did give Kobe a hard foul, everyone would be screaming how Mitchell is a dirty coach and he'd probably be suspended or something. Lose/Lose situation.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #9
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Happy Anny indeed. That was a great individual game for KB24.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

I bet ISH was having an all-out war between Kobe haters and kobe groupies while the moderates where trying to stay neutral.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

81 baby!!!!

In honor of this I want to share this old skool video....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xgxOAPjbpok

Check it out!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I was lucky enough to miss that game but those some of those shots were . However, something in the back of my mind says that even if we did give Kobe a hard foul, everyone would be screaming how Mitchell is a dirty coach and he'd probably be suspended or something. Lose/Lose situation.
some people would say that yes, but others would respect him more. either way he's not going to have a job next year anyway.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default etj

It's too bad because while he never was a really good coach, this is the first season with some talent and everyone knows he's gone anyway. I mean if I was working a job and everyone was talking already about my successor, I wouldn't be motivated to even do anything because it's just gonna make the next guy look good.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

I love how you bring up the fact that the Lakers were down & that's why he went off for so many points but leave out the fact that after they had the Raptors basically blown out at a 10+ point advantage he was still in the game padding stats.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #15
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
the Raptors basically blown out at a 10+ point advantage he was still in the game padding stats.
that's the part of the game that I was talking about. The come from behind was one thing, but that ending was infuriating
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: