Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Trade idea (not rumor)/ Nvm, Hornets trade Ariza and Emeka for Shard

So we are hearing now that the hornets are looking to get rid of Ariza and Okafor and to make this happen, they will dump the 10th pick.

Would the hornets do:

Ariza
Okafor
10th pick

for

Pau Gasol + other small pieces?

Pau is still a good regular season player. He's only got two years left on his contract and then he expires. If the hornets are thinking long term, this might be a good idea. In return we get two athletic defenders that can also score as well with some decent offenive coaching.

Okafor can become like our mini Ibaka type of guy. Focus on defense and get those huge boards while Ariza can be a roamer on defense as he was before.

Amnesty Ron and sign lamar to the mini mid level.

All the sudden your team looks like this

Sessions
Bryant
Ariza
Okafor
Bynum
-------
Lamar odom
Devin Ebanks
Jordan Hill
Blake
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Trade idea (not rumor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
So we are hearing now that the hornets are looking to get rid of Ariza and Okafor and to make this happen, they will dump the 10th pick.

Would the hornets do:

Ariza
Okafor
10th pick

for

Pau Gasol + other small pieces?

Pau is still a good regular season player. He's only got two years left on his contract and then he expires. If the hornets are thinking long term, this might be a good idea. In return we get two athletic defenders that can also score as well with some decent offenive coaching.

Okafor can become like our mini Ibaka type of guy. Focus on defense and get those huge boards while Ariza can be a roamer on defense as he was before.

Amnesty Ron and sign lamar to the mini mid level.

All the sudden your team looks like this

Sessions
Bryant
Ariza
Okafor
Bynum
-------
Lamar odom
Devin Ebanks
Jordan Hill
Blake

read the article and its says they will trade #10pick to dump the salary of Ariza/Okafor..not the other way around...they are not going to take back salary of Pau & his 38million dollars

heck they didnt take Pau for CP3...what makes u think they will take it for Ariza/Okafor???

the front court of Okafor and Bynum is not going to work either...Potato head wants a 4 who could stretch the floor...& Okafor is useless after 5ft of basket

All laker fans need to let go off Ariza...we have Artest...I am not going to pay 15mil for Ariza/Artest and 15mil in luxury tax...

give ebanks the mins and let him grow
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
read the article and its says they will trade #10pick to dump the salary of Ariza/Okafor..not the other way around...they are not going to take back salary of Pau & his 38million dollars

heck they didnt take Pau for CP3...what makes u think they will take it for Ariza/Okafor???

the front court of Okafor and Bynum is not going to work either...Potato head wants a 4 who could stretch the floor...& Okafor is useless after 5ft of basket

All laker fans need to let go off Ariza...we have Artest...I am not going to pay 15mil for Ariza/Artest and 15mil in luxury tax...

give ebanks the mins and let him grow

In the bolded part, you're making Ariza and Okafor sound like they were better than CP3. Not the case. They get rid of two bad contracts in this deal.

At the same time, they draft that one center at number 1 over all.

NOH would then have a twin towers situation with whatever his name is starting at center, and Gasol playing at the four for 2 seasons. may I note, 2 of pau's last good seasons. Then he comes off the books. All 19 million dollars expiring. The hornets already have a lot of cap room this season, adding pau to replace Ariza and Okafor would not hurt their cap room. So they can use the money they already have to build around their rookie, + the 19 mill expiring 2 later, so that gives them even more money. Its a great short and long term deal.

I already said Amnesty artest, so you would have Ariza and Ebanks splitting the minutes.

You say Okafor and Bynum wont work. Look at what the Thunder have with Perkins and Ibaka down low. Ibaka can barely shoot. Okafor can make our big men look athletic, strong, and similar to what the thunder.

Remember, the thunder are the best in the west, so teams who now wish to compete have to build rosters according to what they think can beat the thunder. I firmly believe this team can do it.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Talking Re: Trade idea (not rumor)

Quote:
In the bolded part, you're making Ariza and Okafor sound like they were better than CP3. Not the case. They get rid of two bad contracts in this deal.

NOH would then have a twin towers situation with whatever his name is starting at center, and Gasol playing at the four for 2 seasons. may I note, 2 of pau's last good seasons. Then he comes off the books. All 19 million dollars expiring. The hornets already have a lot of cap room this season, adding pau to replace Ariza and Okafor would not hurt their cap room. So they can use the money they already have to build around their rookie, + the 19 mill expiring 2 later, so that gives them even more money. Its a great short and long term deal.

I already said Amnesty artest, so you would have Ariza and Ebanks splitting the minutes.

You say Okafor and Bynum wont work. Look at what the Thunder have with Perkins and Ibaka down low. Ibaka can barely shoot. Okafor can make our big men look athletic, strong, and similar to what the thunder.

Remember, the thunder are the best in the west, so teams who now wish to compete have to build rosters according to what they think can beat the thunder. I firmly believe this team can do it.

The Raptors say they want to get a veteran on their team and they are willing to give up the 8th overall pick for him. Maybe we could do a deal and send Pau to the Raptors and they land Nash in free agency. That's a pretty nice squad. The Lakers also get the 8th overall pick which they can trade for Dwight or Deron. The reason why Buss said he doesn't want to get in the lottery;But with that pick they can land a star.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
The Raptors say they want to get a veteran on their team and they are willing to give up the 8th overall pick for him. Maybe we could do a deal and send Pau to the Raptors and they land Nash in free agency. That's a pretty nice squad. The Lakers also get the 8th overall pick which they can trade for Dwight or Deron. The reason why Buss said he doesn't want to get in the lottery;But with that pick they can land a star.

Not a bad deal. I like this too. But they say this is a deep draft apparently. Maybe we can keep young stud if we get that pick.

Also, If we trade Pau for that pick, its going to be a problem because that would mean We would have to trade Bynum to get deron. By himself he is way too much to give up for just Deron. Giving them the number 8 too? ehh...no.

I say we keep the pick, draft, and make whoever it is a player of the future.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Not a bad deal. I like this too. But they say this is a deep draft apparently. Maybe we can keep young stud if we get that pick.

Also, If we trade Pau for that pick, its going to be a problem because that would mean We would have to trade Bynum to get deron. By himself he is way too much to give up for just Deron. Giving them the number 8 too? ehh...no.

I say we keep the pick, draft, and make whoever it is a player of the future.

Yeah I completely understand where you are coming from. Brooklyn is desperate for a star. They don't have no draft picks and nothing good enough to offer Orlando for Dwight. If we trade Brooklyn that 8th pick and take back a bad contract I think they would be stoked to give us Deron. The only way they do this is they know for a fact they can't get Dwight. So what we need to do is offer Bynum for Dwight. We land Dwight and then we force Brooklyn into a corner and make them choose. They either get the #8 overall pick or lose Deron for nothing.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:

how do they get rid of bad contracts? when they pay Pau 19mil in 13/14?

getting rid of bad contracts meaning they need an expirer for next year where they could either say 7mil off Ariza's contract in 13/14 or 14mil off Okafor's contract in 13/14

Ariza is a streaky shooter...with Sessions/kobe/Ariza/Okafor/Bynum there would be no spacing on the floor at all.

Perkins/Ibaka works because they have 3 top notch shooters in the game with them Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Ibaka has also started to hit the 15-18ft jumpers now. Okafor cant make those to save his life

I would prefer to have Beasley honestly at 3 and teach him how to play defense then have ariza and his 15/2yrs

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 06-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
how do they get rid of bad contracts? when they pay Pau 19mil in 13/14?

getting rid of bad contracts meaning they need an expirer for next year where they could either say 7mil off Ariza's contract in 13/14 or 14mil off Okafor's contract in 13/14

Ariza is a streaky shooter...with Sessions/kobe/Ariza/Okafor/Bynum there would be no spacing on the floor at all.

Perkins/Ibaka works because they have 3 top notch shooters in the game with them Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Ibaka has also started to hit the 15-18ft jumpers now. Okafor cant make those to save his life

I would prefer to have Beasley honestly at 3 and teach him how to play defense then have ariza and his 15/2yrs

As i already mentioned in my other post that you quoted here, Pau's contract expires in two years. Let me break down my thought process for you:

1) The hornets ALREADY have a bunch of money to use now and later
2) Adding Pau gives them a "win now" player for two years while they can use their money that they already have to build.
3) After Pau's contract expires, they get an additional 19 million of cap relief to help them keep building.

Basically in the long run, and in the short run, they will keep getting money to rebuild. In the short run, they will have a competitive piece to help the development of their rookie center that they are likely to draft. After the contract expires, they will still have money to rebuild around this rookie center.

I just repeated myself twice in one post man. What don't you get about what Im trying to say?

Ariza is still a good shooter, Kobe is still a good shooter. Ramon can work on his shot which is what he will probably be told to do by management and coach. He's still young, he can improve that area of his game without any delays.

Okafor is a good hustle guy and if Bynum misses a shot, Okafor will be there to clean it up. Vica versa.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I was actually thinking about this today too. Getting Ariza and the 10th pick would be enticing, although I just don't think NO wants to take on any salary.... It would be a good way for LA to get their cap back a little better.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
As i already mentioned in my other post that you quoted here, Pau's contract expires in two years. Let me break down my thought process for you:

1) The hornets ALREADY have a bunch of money to use now and later
2) Adding Pau gives them a "win now" player for two years while they can use their money that they already have to build.
3) After Pau's contract expires, they get an additional 19 million of cap relief to help them keep building.

Basically in the long run, and in the short run, they will keep getting money to rebuild. In the short run, they will have a competitive piece to help the development of their rookie center that they are likely to draft. After the contract expires, they will still have money to rebuild around this rookie center.

I just repeated myself twice in one post man. What don't you get about what Im trying to say?

LOVE IT for the lakers....HATE IT for the NOH

couple of points:

Davis is a rookie and he is a defensive monster. He needs to expand on his offensive game...he needs touches while they are rebuilding. they dont need Pau to steal his touches.

Once bynum became a force, he took all of Gasols shots...thats what needs to happen...& if that happens gasol's 19mil is useless...you see what happened with Pau this year ya?

Okafor/Ariza are starters on a their team. so replacing with Pau alone???

the main piece of that trade is the #10pick.....why would they trade the #10 for Pau Gasol when they are not getting any cap relief?? not this year & not next year???

Do the Hornets want to suck 1 more year and get a good draft pick while the #10 is developing or have Pau Gasol and be a 8-9-10 seed in the tough west???

I would keep the #10....develop the young guns in Davis & #10...get a good draft pick next year...top 5 maybe

They can still trade Ariza for #1 + cap relief & same with Okafor

Boston can let go of their 1st round pick and absorb Okafor. Another playoff contender can get Ariza for #1 & expirer

so thats 2 1st round picks + expirers next year.....

NOH is not a team that wants to win now so for them its good to collect all these 1st rounders and develop them

Again I see lakers jumping on this but NOH also hanging up the phone when Mitch proposes this....

thats my 2 cents....

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 06-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
LOVE IT for the lakers....HATE IT for the NOH

couple of points:

Davis is a rookie and he is a defensive monster. He needs to expand on his offensive game...he needs touches while they are rebuilding. they dont need Pau to steal his touches.

Once bynum became a force, he took all of Gasols shots...thats what needs to happen...& if that happens gasol's 19mil is useless...you see what happened with Pau this year ya?

Okafor/Ariza are starters on a their team. so replacing with Pau alone???

the main piece of that trade is the #10pick.....why would they trade the #10 for Pau Gasol when they are not getting any cap relief?? not this year & not next year???

Do the Hornets want to suck 1 more year and get a good draft pick while the #10 is developing or have Pau Gasol and be a 8-9-10 seed in the tough west???

I would keep the #10....develop the young guns in Davis & #10...get a good draft pick next year...top 5 maybe

They can still trade Ariza for #1 + cap relief & same with Okafor

Boston can let go of their 1st round pick and absorb Okafor. Another playoff contender can get Ariza for #1 & expirer

so thats 2 1st round picks + expirers next year.....

NOH is not a team that wants to win now so for them its good to collect all these 1st rounders and develop them

Again I see lakers jumping on this but NOH also hanging up the phone when Mitch proposes this....

thats my 2 cents....

Okay okay now I get where you're coming from. Maybe we dont need the number 10 then. Maybe we could just get those two guys without asking for the number 10, since NOH is rebuilding anyways.

As a rookie center, you dont want to pressure them with responsibilities. Kind of like when Bynum was new. Phil took his sweet time developing Bynum. He just wanted him to defend and grab boards.

As a first year player for the hornets, the kid can be a defensive monster, and then in his second year, learn more offense. In the mean time, Pau can take that pressure off for two years.

After all, big men take longer to develop than guards.

Thats what my logic was. Hope you get me.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

is #10 or so going to land an impact player? I honestly have no idea. I've heard "this will be the deepest draft since yadayada" and I've also heard this draft after #1 its a crapshoot with a bunch of midlevel guys with boom or bust potential

I honestly think going after vets would be ideal. Try to get some veteran athletes. Elton Brand might get amnestied, I am all for EB+Iggy for Pau and Ebanks if they want him.

Who I really think would be both a good pickup and a definite chance to acquire is Will Bynum in Detroit. He has gotten sqeezed for time, and makes about 3.25 next year. He's a career backup, but he does things that the Lakers have not gotten a steady diet of, attacking offensively and defensively.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Will Bynum can put some points on the board. He's a solid backup. I'm not sure if Detroit is going to let him go anywhere or not though. I could see them trying to trade BG and they would then need Bynum in the rotation.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #14
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Okay okay now I get where you're coming from. Maybe we dont need the number 10 then. Maybe we could just get those two guys without asking for the number 10, since NOH is rebuilding anyways.

As a rookie center, you dont want to pressure them with responsibilities. Kind of like when Bynum was new. Phil took his sweet time developing Bynum. He just wanted him to defend and grab boards.

As a first year player for the hornets, the kid can be a defensive monster, and then in his second year, learn more offense. In the mean time, Pau can take that pressure off for two years.

After all, big men take longer to develop than guards.

Thats what my logic was. Hope you get me.

i do now
Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
is #10 or so going to land an impact player? I honestly have no idea. I've heard "this will be the deepest draft since yadayada" and I've also heard this draft after #1 its a crapshoot with a bunch of midlevel guys with boom or bust potential

I honestly think going after vets would be ideal. Try to get some veteran athletes. Elton Brand might get amnestied, I am all for EB+Iggy for Pau and Ebanks if they want him.

Who I really think would be both a good pickup and a definite chance to acquire is Will Bynum in Detroit. He has gotten sqeezed for time, and makes about 3.25 next year. He's a career backup, but he does things that the Lakers have not gotten a steady diet of, attacking offensively and defensively.

not now...he is important to them as a $18,160,354 expirer...they dont get anything by amnestying him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: