Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-24-2012, 02:00 AM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Breaking News....Arbitrator rules in NBAPA favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Lin is the only one that will be overpaid, but that's because he is a cash cow. I think Novak will sign for under $3 million. He wants to be a Knick, and there won't be any huge offers on the table for him since he is so limited in areas other than shooting. 4 years $12 million is my guess for him.

I like what Novak did, but 4/$12 Million for a career bench warmer who had a great season doing nothing but shooting is way too much. Literally, the only thing he can do is shoot 3's and he's a liability whenever he's on the floor. If his 3 isn't falling, he is completely worthless and his contract looks as bad as the one Kapono & Vujacic got for having a great season hitting the 3.

Speaking of Sasha Vujacic, I wonder how much he's looking for this offseason. He's an ideal cheaper replacement for Novak and fills a need at SG.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Lets just pray it makes it through the appeals.

Pray people to your gods, get all your lucky trinkets out....!!!!

I think I read that the appeal process wouldn't finish until after the Free Agency period began so it wouldn't have an effect on any player who got their Bird Rights. They would still have them.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:25 AM   #18
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I like what Novak did, but 4/$12 Million for a career bench warmer who had a great season doing nothing but shooting is way too much. Literally, the only thing he can do is shoot 3's and he's a liability whenever he's on the floor. If his 3 isn't falling, he is completely worthless and his contract looks as bad as the one Kapono & Vujacic got for having a great season hitting the 3.

Speaking of Sasha Vujacic, I wonder how much he's looking for this offseason. He's an ideal cheaper replacement for Novak and fills a need at SG.
We're talking about Novak. His 3's are always falling
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I think I read that the appeal process wouldn't finish until after the Free Agency period began so it wouldn't have an effect on any player who got their Bird Rights. They would still have them.

they are appealing the ruling, so i think lin/novak has it since free agency period has started ...well thats the way it should be
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We're talking about Novak. His 3's are always falling

Not if you close out on him they aren't. I think Miami proved that if you don't help off of him, he can be rendered pretty useless.

Here comes a "Melo didn't pass him the ball" comment in 5...4...3...2...1
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Not if you close out on him they aren't. I think Miami proved that if you don't help off of him, he can be rendered pretty useless.

Here comes a "Melo didn't pass him the ball" comment in 5...4...3...2...1
He was useless because Melo thought he can beat Miami by himself so he decided to take 25+ shots every game and not pass to anyone.
You asked for it

But seriously,he was pretty much useless in the playoffs. But if we had someone who can attack the paint then he would have been much more useful because if defender must stay so close to him then he can't help out on defense.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe

I'm not with you with the Vujacic stuff but the rest is spot on. We saw what happened with Kapono. I don't see much difference between Novak, Reddick, Kapono, Korver etc. These guys are nice pieces to have off the bench but are very rarely worth the salaries they yield. I wouldn't give Novak more than say 1.5 - 2 mil a yr tops. 2 is actually stretching it.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not with you with the Vujacic stuff but the rest is spot on. We saw what happened with Kapono. I don't see much difference between Novak, Reddick, Kapono, Korver etc. These guys are nice pieces to have off the bench but are very rarely worth the salaries they yield. I wouldn't give Novak more than say 1.5 - 2 mil a yr tops. 2 is actually stretching it.
JJ Redick is far better than everyone you just grouped him with.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
JJ Redick is far better than everyone you just grouped him with.
Better maybe. Far better.... No.

Either way, you get my point. One dimensional guys like that dont deserve big contracts.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hell no, the only one even remotely close to what they get paid is Kyle Korver.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Redick's pretty good. If he had a proper PG - say, Steve Nash - setting him up, he'd look even better. He's a classic off the ball-shooter who can play pretty good defense.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I was going to say Reddick is better than the guys mentioned. He isnt far better but he is considerably better and I could see him starting at SG.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Breaking News....Bird rights have been settled!!!

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

NBA announces settlement with NBPA regarding Bird Rights arbitration. Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak will have Early Bird Rights. #Knicks #fb
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

@NBAPR: Rule now is that players claimed from waivers will have the same Early Bird rights as if they had been traded but will not have full Bird rights unless they are claimed through the league's amnesty procedure.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I said 4 years 12 million. Novak got 4 years 15 million LMAO.

And you guys killed me for going that high
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
Clutch
Stop flopping

NOVAKAINE IS BACK

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: