Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Eddie Jones

It is obvious now that the Grizzlies are going to buy out Eddie Jones' contract. Right now the Knicks only have 3 guards in the rotation. That is not enough. I think if we could sign him for dirt, then he would be a solid addition to the team for the time being.

Discuss.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Anything is possible for the Knicks. The dirt cheap part is the thing that might make an addition like him work for the Knicks. Maybe a 10 day contract? I know the guy is a slasher, something the Knicks need. Plus, he's a tall SG and can defend a bit. I wouldn't mind him over Francis.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Any way we can dump Francis for Jones? Ill even be willing to give up Nate and a first rounder!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

if they we didnt have as much gaurds then yes with out a dout but we have to much gaurds.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

They are probably going to buy out his contract, so picking him up would probably cost very little. But we wouldn't have to give up any players to get him. A 1-year 2.3 million dollar contract seems fair.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Yes Jones is the type of player we need.

A professional and he understands his role. He's also been on a lot of winning teams. He's a tall SG, I think he's 6'6" with a good span and good overall skills.

If we are going to the playoffs he would be a good addition.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
It is obvious now that the Grizzlies are going to buy out Eddie Jones' contract. Right now the Knicks only have 3 guards in the rotation. That is not enough. I think if we could sign him for dirt, then he would be a solid addition to the team for the time being.

Discuss.

The only reason that we have 3 gaurds in rotation is cuz Nate is being punished lol...dont worry nate will come back and we will have 4...with 4 forwards(Lee,Balkman,Jeffries and Frye) and 1 center.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We need an athletic small forard with good defense that is quick footed. We have no one who fits the bill on that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I think we have that in Balkman.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I think we have that in Balkman.

Maybe right but he gets no run because of the other JJ(both our JJ's suck)
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

We're buying out Steve Francis, so bringing Eddie Jones in won't be a problem. He's approaching 36, so we're not inclined to give him 34+ minutes, thus allowing our current guards and wing players to develop.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I'll bring him in, anything for francis to leave. I'll tell memphis right now jones for francis and get the deal done.

He's a 6'6 wing player even though he's old we can still use him just like you said.. he won't be expecting big minutes
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: