Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Default OT: Ebay

I'm looking to buy this flash MP3 player and the seller claims it to be factory sealed and after shipping, it should be 30 dollars cheaper without even taking Tax into effect. I only bought one thing from Ebay before and it was used Nash Jersey.

So would you recommend buying from Ebay? Should I only trust sellers with good reviews?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Come on. Some advice or suggestions or....
Old 01-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

I'm not the most experienced when it comes to eBay, but I've bought a few things. And I know friends who buy a ton of stuff off of it. From what I've heard, going with sellers with bad reviews is a definate no-no. Sure you can get lucky, but the risk can at times be greater than the reward.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

read the fine print very carefully.

Ebay regulates it carefully.

if it says factory sealed, never opened. usually it is good.

but check the reviews too. make sure they are positive. a few negatives is okay since it is usually a pissed off di ck of a buyer who got impatient.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

I've bought crap off Ebay about a dozen times. If it says new and factory sealed you should be ok. Make sure the guy has sold at least 50 other things and that he has pos feedback of 95+
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
Heretik32
Myrrh

Also make sure the 50 things he sold in the past wasn't just bags of screws or some other one dollar items.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

It's impossible to give you any advice without seeing the auction.

I'm a power seller on ebay, it's paid for my car. If you want to post a link I could tell you if it was a good purchase.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
JMEWLS

make sure you read the text shown perfectly.. Also look at he's feeback, usually if the seller has good feedback your fine. Hope this helps
Old 01-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I'm currently bidding on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3839&rd=1&rd=1

But before I as bidding on one that was factory sealed, but the price range was a bit too much. I have a question, once I make a bid, is there any way to go back on it? I might get the sony ericson 810i, so I might not even need one of tehse things.

BTW, A Roc what do you sell exactly and how did you get started with the business? I just got a positive remark, even though I've never sold anything, wtf?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I'm currently bidding on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3839&rd=1&rd=1

But before I as bidding on one that was factory sealed, but the price range was a bit too much. I have a question, once I make a bid, is there any way to go back on it? I might get the sony ericson 810i, so I might not even need one of tehse things.

BTW, A Roc what do you sell exactly and how did you get started with the business? I just got a positive remark, even though I've never sold anything, wtf?

It comes from a single seller, not a business. This is sometimes good because they tend to ship right away, whereas businesses and power sellers often wait and send things on a single day of the week.

Seems legit to me. Seller has had some bad feedback in the past, but all of her recent stuff seems to be working out well. I have a hard time recomending used items though, because every appliance is designed to break down eventually and you don't know how they treated the device. If you're going to buy used then this seems like a good one to buy though.

I started off my ebay business by selling things for this game and some of my used stuff. Once I made a lot of money doing that I started ordering big lots of Lacoste polo shirts and selling them. I bought 150 Lacoste shirts and started selling them one by one. At first they sold for 60-70 dollars and I paid $12 for each (in bulk) so I was making a huge profit. As people started to realize there were so many fake ones coming from Asia, they started going for less, like $30-$40.

I'm almost sold out of Lacoste shirts and right now I'm selling lots of whole sale clothes that I get from dealers around the world. I sell lots of Billabong, Quiksilver, Volcom, etc...
Old 01-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I just got a positive remark, even though I've never sold anything, wtf?

You get good feedback for successfully buying/paying for an item to.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

someone tell me how this EBay works.

Lets say I sell a DIESEL t-shirt going for atleast 30 bucks and in the end someone wins the auction by paying 50 bucks. Where would I go to send my item? and couldn't I just scam the guy and send him like a diaper instead?

Also, how would I recieve my money?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #13
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Paypal is the universal method, look it up. And if you scam someone, all they have to do is a chargeback.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

what's a chargeback and how would they be able to find me? couldn't i just delete my account?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
It comes from a single seller, not a business. This is sometimes good because they tend to ship right away, whereas businesses and power sellers often wait and send things on a single day of the week.

Seems legit to me. Seller has had some bad feedback in the past, but all of her recent stuff seems to be working out well. I have a hard time recomending used items though, because every appliance is designed to break down eventually and you don't know how they treated the device. If you're going to buy used then this seems like a good one to buy though.

I started off my ebay business by selling things for this game and some of my used stuff. Once I made a lot of money doing that I started ordering big lots of Lacoste polo shirts and selling them. I bought 150 Lacoste shirts and started selling them one by one. At first they sold for 60-70 dollars and I paid $12 for each (in bulk) so I was making a huge profit. As people started to realize there were so many fake ones coming from Asia, they started going for less, like $30-$40.

I'm almost sold out of Lacoste shirts and right now I'm selling lots of whole sale clothes that I get from dealers around the world. I sell lots of Billabong, Quiksilver, Volcom, etc...

Wow you do this all as a teenager, props. Just one more question, do you report the income you make from E-Bay and how easy is it to start this type of business?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: