Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Would You Do the #2 for Joakim Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Going to have to agree to disagree on that one. You're obviously seeing something that I'm not in this draft.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #32
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Charlotte's not really in a position to win now either way. MJ doesnt have as much money as other owners, and to think he'd spend a good chunk of HIS cap space on Joakim Noah it pretty laughable. You seriously dont think Beal/Robinson can be impact players in the NBA, or potentially Harrison Barnes? Even a guy like Jeremy Lamb. Shoot, Austin Rivers could become a all star for all we know.

And none of those names are sure things. Maybe not even better than 50/50 chances of ever being an all-star. You automatically get 1/5 of the way there with Noah.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
tikay0
Banned

If im the Bobcats, i turn that #2 into 2 lottery picks. The diff. between 2-5 is slight. Draft a glue guy such as MKG, and then go for a big like Andre Drummond. If that works out, you've set your franchise up for big things. If not, draft again, and hope Stern throws you the #1 pick next year.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #34
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
And none of those names are sure things. Maybe not even better than 50/50 chances of ever being an all-star. You automatically get 1/5 of the way there with Noah.

Have you seen Thomas Robinson play? The dude's a throw back PF, with awesome athleticism, can shoot, and can post up. Has an array of moves down low, and can D up down low. He's as NBA ready as they come. I'd take my chances on a guy like that, than to hold onto Noah.

He's more NBA ready than Anthony Davis, but Davis has more potential.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #35
fatboy11

Quote:
Charlotte's not really in a position to win now either way. MJ doesnt have as much money as other owners, and to think he'd spend a good chunk of HIS cap space on Joakim Noah it pretty laughable. You seriously dont think Beal/Robinson can be impact players in the NBA, or potentially Harrison Barnes? Even a guy like Jeremy Lamb. Shoot, Austin Rivers could become a all star for all we know.

Who's he going to spend on then? What's laughable about it? Who is Noah taking a big contract from?

No one.

They need trades like this to get in the game. Again, I'm not saying this trade should be done. I'm just saying that all of you laughing at it are lacking perspective on the reality of the situation.

Andrew Bynum isn't available to Charlotte. He's really going available to Orlando, and you all should know that. If they can get better player than Noah, go for it. But Noah's a pretty good player and would make them a much better team. Good big men are hard to come by, and that makes Noah more valuable than Harrison Barnes, Beal, and MKG. Good swingmen (SF and SG) come by every year.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
#2 picks since 2000

2000 - Stromile Swift
2001 - Tyson Chandler
2002 - Jay Williams
2003 - Darko Milicic
2004 - Emeka Okafor
2005 - Marvin Williams
2006 - LaMarcus Aldridge
2007 - Kevin Durant
2008 - Michael Beasley
2009 - Hasheem Thabeet
2010 - Evan Turner
2011 - Derrick Williams

Jury is still out on D. Williams and Turner, but otherwise - you got 2 All-NBA players in there over the past 12 drafts (Aldridge and Durant).

Like I said, the draft is not being viewed in the right light here.
There have been several players better than Noah taken #2. Just because Darko busted doesn't mean the pick isn't valuable. The GM's job is to evaluate talent. Bad picks happen because sometimes they don't do that job well. But you definitely don't blow the opportunity that pick represents on a guy you already know is just a roleplayer.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Have you seen Thomas Robinson play? The dude's a throw back PF, with awesome athleticism, can shoot, and can post up. Has an array of moves down low, and can D up down low. He's as NBA ready as they come. I'd take my chances on a guy like that, than to hold onto Noah.

This type of argument has been used COUNTLESS times for COUNTLESS years, and its failed over and over again.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
fatboy11

Quote:

He actually reminds me a slightly taller Ike Diogu, if that tells you anything. I thought Diogu was going be one hell of an NBA player.....
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #39
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
There have been several players better than Noah taken #2. Just because Darko busted doesn't mean the pick isn't valuable. The GM's job is to evaluate talent. Bad picks happen because sometimes they don't do that job well. But you definitely don't blow the opportunity that pick represents on a guy you already know is just a roleplayer.

Okay.

I'm not going to discuss this further with you if you think Noah is "just a role player."
Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #40
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

If Noah is hypothetically the second best player in this draft, this will be a terrible group of players. He's not even top 3 in his own draft, a draft that isn't even that good overall. 2007 is a superstar, an allstar, and some good/average role players, if I am remembering correctly.

The promise of #2 is what the Bobcats needs. You're acting like the Bobcats are a year or two away from being a competitor. They don't need a 27 year old center who is clearly at his peak right now. By the time Charlotte does field a good team, he will already be in his 30s and on the down.

#2 may or may not be better than Noah, but that's the chance you have to take when there's arguably not even a single starter on their roster right now.

Hope that #2 is a building piece that can grow with the team. Noah is a building piece that will outgrow the team before it grows, itself.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Okay.

I'm not going to discuss this further with you if you think Noah is "just a role player."
Should have been an All-Star this year IMO, only reason Hibbert got it is cause Noah had a shitty start for the year. But once he became that double double machine in January we all know and love, he was definitely better than Hibbert.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Okay.

Feel free to stop posting but there's nothing unfair in my description. He's not a go-to guy, he's someone who plays good d, rebounds, and can finish.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #43
fatboy11

I think Anthony Davis is going to be a really good player, and I think a few others will as well. But I do not see one guy that just blows me away. That's not a slam on the draft, but that's just how I feel and that's why I don't think this proposed trade is bad. Noah is a pretty good player. His scoring numbers (and thus his perceived rank among fans) would be higher if he didn't have Rose, Deng and Boozer on his team. He's no unselfish player but he can give more scoring when it's needed. I feel like he's being punished for being on one of the best teams in the NBA (where guys sometimes have lower stat lines).
Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Should have been an All-Star this year IMO, only reason Hibbert got it is cause Noah had a shitty start for the year. But once he became that double double machine in January we all know and love, he was definitely better than Hibbert.
He averaged 10, 10 and 1. It's not exactly a travesty.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #45
Owl
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
I'd normally agree, but after Davis this draft is such a crap shoot. Charlotte would get a starting center for the future.
I get that but still you trade down for multiple picks to someone in love with Robinson (or MKG or Beal).
Solid (and well paid) players aren't enough for a team in the Bobcats' position.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: