Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #1681
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Some of you spend way too much time analyzing your TV. WAY WAY too much time.

This. Just enjoy the show for ****s sake.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #1682
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

As much i as i like this show there has been too many times where one character does not think logically on the level of their intellect. How walt didn't even consider the possibility of jesse being captured by hank is beyond me, obviously the video he sent was effective but he should know by now what kind of person hank is...

The last scene is slightly reminiscent of GoT's red wedding except it was all miss. it was like watching a 8yr old playing call of duty or something, how the fk do oyu miss the first shot when you all have the aim down, shot the first shot and are professional hitmans.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #1683
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen

Also, I'd fuck Lydia.

The scene with her and Todd was creepy as fuck.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1684
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

God damn you can never please people. So what that they missed they shots? How do we know nobody got hit? I guarantee you next episode opens up with Gomie shot on the floor and Hank trying to crawl away or something like that. If Gomie and Hank were to just die you guys would complain either way. Enjoy this amazing show and just wait for the final 3 episodes before making any conclusions.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #1685
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
God damn you can never please people. So what that they missed they shots? How do we know nobody got hit? I guarantee you next episode opens up with Gomie shot on the floor and Hank trying to crawl away or something like that. If Gomie and Hank were to just die you guys would complain either way. Enjoy this amazing show and just wait for the final 3 episodes before making any conclusions.
Exactly. I was looking forward to coming here to read the posts about last night's episode as well as add a .02, but there's nothing but people fussing like senior citizens
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #1686
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its not that unrealistic to miss. For one...it was a lot of slow motion making it seem longer than it was plus I read stories all the time about a storm of bullets from cops missing everything or shooting 60 times and a guy is hit 4. Not long ago I read about cops shooting at a guy like 40 times. Hit him a few but he lived. its multiple cops shooting to kill 40 times and dude survives. How many shots get fired and miss in real war shootouts? Stories I see suggest a lot. Guys letting off real automatic weapons at eachother and everyone goes home. If there were a good bullet to body ratio nobody would survive battles.

People calmly sniping guys under pressure is for movies. Ive been shot at. A group of us. Not a one got hit. Granted it wasnt with machine guns and shit....but it was several of us running side by side. People in real life miss.

Clearly Walt gets away which doesnt happen with Hank alive/able to stop him so Hank has to die or be captured. So the end result isnt him just....winning the shootout.

Scene was fine.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #1687
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This thread is full of whinny ass bitches. Sit back and enjoy a show that is easily better than 90% of shows ever made.

Andagar especially is a on the rag bitch. He gives Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead a dozen passes which are easily mediocre shows... Yet is complaining profusely about a BB scene that requires some understanding and is plausible.. Plus, we don't know how the next episode may open, which may skew our perspective of this scene.

Too much complaining, just enjoy the damn great show.

Last edited by ZeN : 09-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1688
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Probably going to catch a lot of shit for this, but lazy writing is sort of a hallmark for this show. Relies on a LOT of coincidence, convenience, deus ex machina. Nothing ever happens, literally nothing, except to the 'villains' or people who are inconvenient to the heroes. It's all suspense that leads to nothing. Walt is about to be killed by the mute twins... nope Mike conveniently happens to be outside and Gus texts them at the very last second. Jesse's about to be killed by those drug dealers... Nope Walt just happens to be in the neighborhood and runs them over with a car at the last second. Jesse's about to burn down Walt's house... Nope Hank just happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped him at the very last second.

Walt just happened to walk into a bar and spoke to that druggie chick's father right after he watched her die... he just happens to be the air traffic controller that causes the crash in Walt's neighborhood. Any obstacle that comes up that isn't solved by convenience is taken care of by, again, Walt's MacGuyver like ability to turn simple household items into explosives, blow torches, etc.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if next week the ATF just happens to be in the neighborhood and everyone dies in a shootout except the main characters. But seeing as how Hank is such a huge issue for Walt, he might be axed.

So yeah, it was bad, lazy writing... but it was on par for the series.

Alot of those weren't just lazy writing and coincidences though.

Mike wasn't "conveniently outside". Part of his job is to follow and keep a look out on people and Gus had Walt under constant surveillance for much of that time, so thats not really a coincidence.

Walt didn't "happen to be in the neighborhood". Tomas's death had just happened and Walt just heard about it and figured Jesse would be looking to get revenge. And I'm not sure, but didn't Walt try calling Jesse beforehand? He was obviously there to back up and protect Jesse. Again, not a coincidence.

Hank didn't "happen to be in the neighborhood". He mentioned that he had been following Jesse since Jesse left Saul's office. Again, not a coincidence.

Walt meeting Jane's father was a coincidence, but wasn't actually something that was needed to really further any storylines anyway. You can say that there talk was what motivated Walt to go back to Jesse's apartment, which is when Jane's death occurred, but it wasn't like that was really needed for Walt to go back anyway. It was more just for dramatic effect, not something I would consider a plothole.

I don't really see how Jane's dad being an air traffic controller should be considered lazy writing. Air traffic controller is a common everyday man's job. And one of the themes of this show has always been to show how Walt's actions frequently have an unforeseen ripple effect that he can never prepare for, which is consistent with real life as well, (Drew Sharp being another great example of this.) I don't see the problem with this.

These aren't blatant coincidences. A horrible coincidence would be something like Walt putting the methlamine away in his car wash, and Hank and Marie just happen to show up just to visit with cupcakes.

There are plotholes in breaking bad that are worth complaining about, but not any of the ones you've mentioned IMO.

And I assume Hank and Gomez are dead. It would be very unrealistic if they weren't, and that would be worth complaining over. So I don't really have a problem with them not getting shot yet. As long as it happens, which I assume it will cause I see no reason how they can come out alive from that, I'm not going to complain.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #1689
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seriously people, quit getting your panties in a wad. It's more realistic than it seemed considering the angles, the SUV, and the types of guns.

I don't know about y'all but I couldn't breathe after the last 15 minutes there. Best television show ever, just enjoy it ffs.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #1690
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

I will say, I wish they just had Hank die instead of leaving it as a cliffhanger. If he doesn't die that would be completely unrealistic. Assuming he does die, it will happen in the beginning of the episode, and by the end of the episode, something else crazy will most likely happen. I think this might just trivialize Hank's death in comparison to what it would've been if we had a whole week to digest his death. Not a big deal, just something I think they should've done a little differently.

Also, I didn't understand why didn't they just show their badges? Thats the only thing I can really complain about. Did they really think they had a chance getting into a gunfight vs. trusting that they'd leave them alone if they knew they were cops?

Last edited by guy : 09-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #1691
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I don't know about y'all but I couldn't breathe after the last 15 minutes there. Best television show ever, just enjoy it ffs.

This. After Walt told the Nazis off, and Hank talked to Marie, everyone knew what's gonna happen. They really didn't try to make this surprising at all. So in the scenes before the Nazis arrived, I was sitting there knowing that Hank and Gomez are probably going to die soon. The point wasn't that the Nazis showing up should be a surprise, the writers wanted us to know they will. There were 10 minutes between Walt calling the hit squad and the first shots fired. It was predictable, but that's exactly what made this so intense. What a great show
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1692
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I don't like the use of cliffhangers episode after episode. Such an artificial and weak device to create suspense which you would expect more from a MacGyver double-feature episode and not from what was one of the best-written series in season 4.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #1693
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I don't like the use of cliffhangers episode after episode. Such an artificial and weak device to create suspense which you would expect more from a MacGyver double-feature episode and not from what was one of the best-written series in season 4.

To me, the point of this cliffhanger isn't to create suspense that much. I'd say it's rather about prolonging the pretty much given death of one or more main characters. It makes the whole process of things blowing up in Walt's face more intense. Besides, what you're talking about it more the way scenes are edited and spread across episodes than writing itself. What if they showed the shooting till the end in this episode instead of next one? Still the same script, still the same scenes. Only the time they're shown would be different. So I really don't get your point.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #1694
HomieWeMajor
Thinking we local

HomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputation

http://youtu.be/KtuMw0KRbcc?t=1m46s
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #1695
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
To me, the point of this cliffhanger isn't to create suspense that much. I'd say it's rather about prolonging the pretty much given death of one or more main characters. It makes the whole process of things blowing up in Walt's face more intense. Besides, what you're talking about it more the way scenes are edited and spread across episodes than writing itself. What if they showed the shooting till the end in this episode instead of next one? Still the same script, still the same scenes. Only the time they're shown would be different. So I really don't get your point.

My point is they are splitting up scenes and thus artificially trying to create more suspense that is not in the writing itself. It's a weak stylistic device, that's my point.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: