Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #181
REACTION
HYRYSICPT?

REACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

If you like women so much, SuperPippen, why don't you just marry them?

;D
REACTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #182
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
I'm not saying that Sklyar's infidedlity should be overlooked (I thought she was a huge bitch too when she cheated on Walt) I'm saying that it's ridiculous how there is so much hate for Skylar when Walt is by far the more reprehensible and loathsome character on the show at this point, and has done things far worse than anything Skylar has done.

At this point in the series, Walter has:

-Manufactured vast amounts of meth, an incredibly dangerous and damaging drug
- Directly killed at least 8 people
- indirectly killed an entire airplane of people
- poisoned a child
- lied to and manipulated his Skylar, Hank, Walt Jr., and Jesse, and others
- attempted to seduce his principal in retribution for his wife's infidelity (I don't blame him for this one, though)
- attempted to rape his wife
- generally acted like an arrogant, egotistical piece of shit

Obviously, I'm only focusing on the negatives, but you should get my point.
In that case, then sure, walt is
wful, but hes the main character. I do see your point though, were blaming skylar when shea done a fraction of what walt has done. Him becoming evil triumphs infidelity.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #183
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see what the big deal is. I mean no matter how objectively you try to look at it it's only natural to feel hatred towards characters like Skylar (not Marie though, personally I like her). Remember this is a show that focuses on one main character who's view is often contrary to other characters who are on his side. We're not exactly looking at this from a neutral standpoint.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #184
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
Is the "50" Turkey Bacon? Looks Weird

Most food you see in movies is prop food and not real food. Also they often spray it stuff to make it look right.

The folks who do this stuff are obsessive enough to make their diner bacon look different from their home bacon.

They need food that looks light food even after it's been out under hot lights for a while. They adjust for actors and for lighting, but unless the person has to consume the food in the scene, they are not going to wait on the eggs.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 07-20-2012 at 02:10 AM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #185
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Most food you see in movies is prop food and not real food. Also they often spray it stuff to make it look right.

The folks who do this stuff are obsessive enough to make their diner bacon look different from their home bacon.

They need food that looks light food even after it's been out under hot lights for a while. They adjust for actors and for lighting, but unless the person has to consume the food in the scene, they are not going to wait on the eggs.

Also, that bacon is actually veggie bacon.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #186
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
At the misogyny and narrow-mindedness of comments like this.

Let's all display our inner sexism and sexual frustration by completely focusing our hate on Skylar (and often Marie, as well).

So what, that her husband turned to completely lying to her and manipulating her as well as breaking the law by manufacturing crystal meth and endangering himself as well as his family.

Let's all overlook the fact that, in spite of Walt's insistent claims that he "did it for the family," an opportunity had very clearly presented itself for him to to easily and legally pay for all of his cancer treatment, as well as get himself a better job and access a better life for him and his family. Let's forget about how Walt's ego is the sole reason that his family couldn't have had a better life.

And while we're at it, let's overlook the fact that Walt has had several chances to leave the drug game, and has only succeeded in dragging himself and his family deeper into his mess.

And why get angry at Walt for trying to force himself onto his clearly repulsed and frustrated wife. Who cares that Skylar's anger over her husband's double life as a criminal is a completely logical way for her act?

Hell, let's get angry at Skylar for not even letting Walt rape her that one time!

I love women, they've been good to me. I hate Skylar. Is it that hard to see?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #187
Osiris
Banned

Osiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
At the misogyny and narrow-mindedness of comments like this.

Let's all display our inner sexism and sexual frustration by completely focusing our hate on Skylar (and often Marie, as well).

So what, that her husband turned to completely lying to her and manipulating her as well as breaking the law by manufacturing crystal meth and endangering himself as well as his family.

Let's all overlook the fact that, in spite of Walt's insistent claims that he "did it for the family," an opportunity had very clearly presented itself for him to to easily and legally pay for all of his cancer treatment, as well as get himself a better job and access a better life for him and his family. Let's forget about how Walt's ego is the sole reason that his family couldn't have had a better life.

And while we're at it, let's overlook the fact that Walt has had several chances to leave the drug game, and has only succeeded in dragging himself and his family deeper into his mess.

And why get angry at Walt for trying to force himself onto his clearly repulsed and frustrated wife. Who cares that Skylar's anger over her husband's double life as a criminal is a completely logical way for her act?

Hell, let's get angry at Skylar for not even letting Walt rape her that one time!

I don't watch the show, but how does one rape his wife?
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #188
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I'm not saying that Sklyar's infidedlity should be overlooked (I thought she was a huge bitch too when she cheated on Walt) I'm saying that it's ridiculous how there is so much hate for Skylar when Walt is by far the more reprehensible and loathsome character on the show at this point, and has done things far worse than anything Skylar has done.

At this point in the series, Walter has:

-Manufactured vast amounts of meth, an incredibly dangerous and damaging drug
- Directly killed at least 8 people
- indirectly killed an entire airplane of people
- poisoned a child
- lied to and manipulated his Skylar, Hank, Walt Jr., and Jesse, and others
- attempted to seduce his principal in retribution for his wife's infidelity (I don't blame him for this one, though)
- attempted to rape his wife
- generally acted like an arrogant, egotistical piece of shit

Obviously, I'm only focusing on the negatives, but you should get my point.
I don't remember that, what episode was it again? And how do you rape your own wife lol?

I don't understand why you are getting so defensive over Sky. Obviously nobody hates her, it's just that her part of the plot isn't as.... intriguing, it's just plain boring imo.

The show's name is Breaking Bad. What else do you expect from Walt? The goal of the show is to gradually turn Walt from a Protagonist into more of an Antagonist.

And just for the hell of it, let's try to count how many people Walt has directly or indirectly killed.

Let's see

Krazy-8 and Another Guy in Season One (The other dealer died in the RV while Walt choked Krazy-8 to death with that bike lock)

Tuco (indirectly, technically Hank killed him)

Jeese's girlfriend in Season 2 (Technically he didn't attempt to kill her, he just chose not to save her while she was choking on her own vomit)

2 of Gus's Employees(Half Measures, ran over one and shot the other)

Gale (Full Measures,indirectly, but Walt asked Jeese to kill him at the last second)

Tyrus

Gus

Tio (The old guy who rings a bell)

That's all I remember for now. Tell me if someone's missing.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #189
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Does the women studies class count towards your degree, bro?

GTFO. She could have left him, gone to hank/police or anything else but FCK Ted and go along with Walt while being a fcking C@NT.

I think the point isn't that she is innocent, but she is certainly more of a victim and less of an asshole than Walt.

As far as TV goes though, I like Walt's character more.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #190
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People seriously don't know how you rape your wife? Same way you rape anybody. By forcing them to have sex when they don't want to.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #191
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
I don't remember that, what episode was it again? And how do you rape your own wife lol?

I don't understand why you are getting so defensive over Sky. Obviously nobody hates her, it's just that her part of the plot isn't as.... intriguing, it's just plain boring imo.

The show's name is Breaking Bad. What else do you expect from Walt? The goal of the show is to gradually turn Walt from a Protagonist into more of an Antagonist.

And just for the hell of it, let's try to count how many people Walt has directly or indirectly killed.

Let's see

Krazy-8 and Another Guy in Season One (The other dealer died in the RV while Walt choked Krazy-8 to death with that bike lock)

Tuco (indirectly, technically Hank killed him)

Jeese's girlfriend in Season 2 (Technically he didn't attempt to kill her, he just chose not to save her while she was choking on her own vomit)

2 of Gus's Employees(Half Measures, ran over one and shot the other)

Gale (Full Measures,indirectly, but Walt asked Jeese to kill him at the last second)

Tyrus

Gus

Tio (The old guy who rings a bell)

That's all I remember for now. Tell me if someone's missing.

There were 2 guys at the very end of season 4 at the lab elevator.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #192
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

What I hate about Skylar is her self righteous bullshit that she keeps reiterating considering the fact that she is walking the same path Walt took in keeping his family together and sound. They are both cooks, one cooks Ice the other books.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #193
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Raping your wife? That's laughable. Can you steal your own car too?
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #194
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
Raping your wife? That's laughable. Can you steal your own car too?

No, but you can rape it.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #195
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh

I don't remember that scene as well but your question is dumb, imagine a wife does not feel like having sex and refuses her husband, the husband then forces himself on her and ****s her clearly against her will which makes it a rape case.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: