Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #2101
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Somehow, someway, Walt's confession CD has to come back into play.

Marie asked for them from Skyler so she could destroy them when she told Skyler to confess to Walt Jr. I'm thinking that since Skyler followed along with the 2nd part, she probably followed along with the 1st part too, so I doubt the tape still exists. I think it was only there to keep Hank from going directly to the police.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #2102
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Its one thing if Walt goes after Grey Matter. Its another completey off-the-wall ridiculous coincidental shock value thing if Grey Matter were the Czechs that were buying Walt's meth this whole time. That would be completely stupid.

Agreed. And now that you mention the company rather than the owners specifically, that got me thinking that his revenge could easily be bringing the company down rather than physical harm or scare tactics.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #2103
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Somehow, someway, Walt's confession CD has to come back into play.

The confession CD is irrelevant now. He already outed himself completely in that phone call to Skylar.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #2104
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

There will be a Breaking Bad spinoff all about Todd. It will be called Bad.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #2105
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #2106
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Lol you never understand anything. You're always so off the mark. Todd isn't a nice guy he's a fkin sociopath. That's what makes him crazy, the fact he can literally torture someone and force them to work chained up under threat of murdering their loved ones and then offer them ice cream later for job well done. Or killing a helpless woman and telling her he wants her to know it's not personal. Dude is missing screws in his head that's what makes him so fukked, and you're too thick to understand, dude is not nice or even displayed as nice, he's someone with a seriously out of tune moral compass. His loyalty to White is because he respects Heisenberg and his "talents" not because he's a nice guy who wants to make friends.

You dumbass, maybe next time I should add a *sarcasm* in quotation marks so somebody like you won't go into a misguided rant.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #2107
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
The confession CD is irrelevant now. He already outed himself completely in that phone call to Skylar.
Fair point. I was really hoping something would come out of it because it was yet another excellent strategic move by Walt at that time.

Speaking of strategy, it's gonna be interesting to see how Walt will take down the Nazis without the aid of Jesse and even Saul. The Nazis don't strike me as calculating and cautious as some of the other "villains" we've seen.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #2108
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy

5B maybe the best final season of TV I've ever seen

This season > The Final season of the Wire

That's for damn sure. Wire is still better tho
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #2109
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
This season > The Final season of the Wire

That's for damn sure. Wire is still better tho
HBO allowed David Simon to film only 10 episodes for the final season instead of 13. I'm sure a cutback that drastic can affect the quality of any show.

Imagine BB being cut by 3 whole episodes this season. You think it would still be as great as it is now?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #2110
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

People really need to stop comparing this to The Wire, if you want to have a comparison about them start a thread dedicated to it.

This thread is to discuss Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad only, and there is no need to constantly bring up an irrelevant topic.

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think Walt will actually do anything to Grey Matter, I think it was simply them bruising his ego so much that he decides he can't just keep hiding. He is going to kill the Nazi's and attempt to give the money and clear his family of implications.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #2111
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Fair point. I was really hoping something would come out of it because it was yet another excellent strategic move by Walt at that time.

Speaking of strategy, it's gonna be interesting to see how Walt will take down the Nazis without the aid of Jesse and even Saul. The Nazis don't strike me as calculating and cautious as some of the other "villains" we've seen.

It served its purpose by basically forcing Hank to not be able to go to the DEA. If it wasn't for that, Hank probably has more backup chasing Walt down and isn't dead and Walt is in jail.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #2112
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
HBO allowed David Simon to film only 10 episodes for the final season instead of 13. I'm sure a cutback that drastic can affect the quality of any show.

Imagine BB being cut by 3 whole episodes this season. You think it would still be as great as it is now?

Huh? They cut this season down from 12-13 like seasons 2-4, to 8.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #2113
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:

No amount of episodes could have saved that atrocity....the whole fake serial killer thing that they ran with was horrendous. I don't even consider that season to be a part of The Wire
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2114
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
LOL
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #2115
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Lol you never understand anything. You're always so off the mark. Todd isn't a nice guy he's a fkin sociopath. That's what makes him crazy, the fact he can literally torture someone and force them to work chained up under threat of murdering their loved ones and then offer them ice cream later for job well done. Or killing a helpless woman and telling her he wants her to know it's not personal. Dude is missing screws in his head that's what makes him so fukked, and you're too thick to understand, dude is not nice or even displayed as nice, he's someone with a seriously out of tune moral compass. His loyalty to White is because he respects Heisenberg and his "talents" not because he's a nice guy who wants to make friends.
This. That "nice guy" streak is what makes him a good villain.

Addresses/treats Walt like an authority figure, in a very respectful, humble manner ----> kills innocent kid without hesitation, never feels remorse

Saves Jesse's life ----> to make him an indentured servant so he can impress Lydia

Gives Jesse ice cream -----> then splatters the brains of the most important person in the world to him on the front lawn

Pseudo-apologizes to Andrea ----> half a second before blowing her brains out

It makes him more interesting, but it doesn't make him a good guy.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: