Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #2401
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

By the way, don't underestimate the deliciousness of crystal blue muffins. I'd make that deal if I were the feds too.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #2402
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

One thing, Walt had people calling in anonymous tips ass to his whereabouts all over town as to spread the feds' resources thin in any one place. I guess it worked but he was still walking around pretty brazenly. I'm thinking the whole time at least put on a hat man.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #2403
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
One thing, Walt had people calling in anonymous tips ass to his whereabouts all over town as to spread the feds' resources thin in any one place. I guess it worked but he was still walking around pretty brazenly. I'm thinking the whole time at least put on a hat man.

Walt was basically a ghost, appearing wherever he needed to be at will and moving about as if he were invisible. I think that was intentional.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #2404
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

He could easily evade the police and "force" his way in.

He could sneak in and tell her to be quiet and threaten her, it's very plausible.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #2405
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

10.3 million people watched the finale last night. To compare, the Season 4 finale had 1.9 million viewers and the 5A finale had under 3 million. Has any show ever exploded in popularity like this before?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2406
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
10.3 million people watched the finale last night. To compare, the Season 4 finale had 1.9 million viewers and the 5A finale had under 3 million. Has any show ever exploded in popularity like this before?

Pretty impressive. Quite a boon to the online streaming services that folks used to get caught up as well.

I've been amazed by the cross-section of people I know that watched, along with the rabid interest from some of my friends overseas.

Totally unrelated, but the other thing I've always wondered about is how you sell a story like that, which pants a pretty unfavorable picture of NM/ABQ to the chamber and department of tourism? Wonder how many potential venues rejected a little show about rampant meth trade and street violence.

Last edited by JMT : 09-30-2013 at 04:58 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #2407
JimmyMcAdocious
with God-given ass

It was good. Not "The Wire" good in terms of series finales, but good enough. Nothing was overly thought up/produced (actually it was rather predictable), had a proper build up, conclusion, and closure for each character. That's all you can really ask for. Better, for the lack of a better word, mundane than something that pisses everyone off. Can't stand when writers over think or try to throw a curveball in series finales.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #2408
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
More people watched The Shield series premiere than the finale of Breaking Bad. That's sad. Others have said that the finale wasn't spectacular but that's because mostly every loophole had to be closed. The finale could've been better if they went a different path and ignored closing the loopholes but I'm glad that didn't happen. Overall, Breaking bad was amazing.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #2409
chips93
Very good NBA starter

i didnt love it. i had hoped to see walt basically stick to his megalomaniac ways, and die, struggling, trying to hold onto everything he had.

i guess i didnt want to see him 'break good' like he did over the last 2 and a half episodes.

jesse is ****ed too though. hes broke, has no way of getting a job, in the last two years, he gotten rich, lost it all, had two gfs die, and be a slave for months. he doesnt have a chance at a happy life.

the whole episode was kinda distant. there werent any really emotional moments, like there were in the last two episodes before it.

im mostly just disappointed that walt just decided to be good again. there were dozens of instances where he should have looked himself in the mirror and realised that he had become a monster, but he just changes right at the very end. i dont know, it doesnt sit well with me, that he still kinda wins. obviously his family hates him, but he still ended up on top, despite all the evil things he did.

still a great last series, and amazing show
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #2410
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Anyone know why this show was never placed on a channel where commercials are forbidden? Especially with all the booming success it has had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
My guess is that he bought a pack, found a way of opening it without making obvious rips and then glued it back together. His science knowledge may have helped him find a way. It would be nice to know how he did it, but if it showed it before it would have ruined any surprise (even though it was predictable) and it would have been out of character to over explain how he did it to Lydia when they were on the phone.

True.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #2411
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

More I think about it, the more I love this ending. It truly wrapped up every storyline in the show and wrapped it up like a novel. Great storytelling. I was expecting some crazy twist but I'm happy it didn't happen. The execution of what happened was great itself.

Highlights of the finale IMO:
1. Jesse choking the shit out of Todd (one of my favorite scenes ever)
2. Walt and Skylar's last conversation
3. Walt wacks Jack
4. Badger and Skinny Pete
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #2412
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Anyone know why this show was never placed on a channel where commercials are forbidden? Especially with all the booming success it has had.

True.
AMC shopped the show around a couple years ago, when they were having hit after hit. (mad men, the walking dead, the Killing) But no one bought the show. I think it was the gap between seasons 3 and 4. Not sure. So they decided to renew it for two? more seasons and that was that.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #2413
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Did anybody else cry when the credits started and Marie was still alive?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #2414
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Someone put it best saying that it was "distant." By no means was it bad, I think it's what we are/were expecting, and it provided closure nicely. Good not great IMO.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2415
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: