Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 AM   #346
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'm not going to read through multiple pages, but has anyone brought up that Mike's under heavy DEA investigation, they know (just can't prove, yet) that he was Gus's right hand and yet he's just cruising around Albequerque with a known criminal lawyer, Walt, and Jesse, just checking out new cook spots? It's early sure, so maybe we've yet to see it, but they'd be tailing the shit out of the dude.

Yeah, but at the same time, Mike is smart and has been very good in the past at knowing who is where. I bet he is pretty good at spotting a tail. Also as said above, he is doing stuff in doors, so it doesn't matter so much unless a cop sees Mike meeting with Walt and lets Hank know.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #347
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, but at the same time, Mike is smart and has been very good in the past at knowing who is where. I bet he is pretty good at spotting a tail. Also as said above, he is doing stuff in doors, so it doesn't matter so much unless a cop sees Mike meeting with Walt and lets Hank know.
That's fine, like I said it's early, we could easily have not have seen it yet. They just started looking and found their new setup this past episode, but in episode 2 Walt and Jesse went to Mike's house to discuss their new proposal. There'd absolutely be people watching Mike's house.

Mike's Mike, I'm more than willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt, maybe he gave em the slip (easy a way out as that'd be), maybe he paid someone off, whatever. But if they don't show it, it's just sloppy to me.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #348
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Whoa, the ending! Walt is clearly becoming more and more manipulate and evil. In the scene previous to this Mike takes a large cut of their money for "Legacy Costs". I remember in the end, Walt said something like this, "Victor cooked that batch of meth on his own. Maybe he took liberties that weren't his to take and got his throat cut. Maybe he was flying to close to the sun." What exactly does Walt mean?

As for Mike taking a large cut for other things, I mean it does make sense, their circumstances are different than Gus's, so obviously those costs are necessary to keep anything from going wrong. Walt should just be happy for the 137,000 from 1 cook. I think Greed is ultimately gonna be his downfall.

I kinda think Walt's gonna kill Mike, but then again, Mike's too valuable for him to kill. I have a feeling that some time in the future, Jess found out the truth of Brock's poisoning, and sides with Mike against Walt.

I think we all know how it's gonna end.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #349
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

i thought the flying too close to the sun line was a clear metaphor to icarus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus

blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #350
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Whoa, the ending! Walt is clearly becoming more and more manipulate and evil. In the scene previous to this Mike takes a large cut of their money for "Legacy Costs". I remember in the end, Walt said something like this, "Victor cooked that batch of meth on his own. Maybe he took liberties that weren't his to take and got his throat cut. Maybe he was flying to close to the sun." What exactly does Walt mean?

I believe he is telling Jesse that Mike is taking liberties that he is not supposed to be taking, and therefore he may have to go if he continues to make decisions without Walt's approval.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #351
zass
Decent playground baller

so that cannon Walter bought in the begining of season 5 should be his new LITTLE FRIEND.

and this has the to be the best cooking montage of all seasons:

http://youtu.be/_HO2Gtdqa54

Last edited by zass : 08-01-2012 at 05:22 AM.
zass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #352
macmac
Gov'n

20pts for transport is incredibly steep, especially when they don't even have to bring it over a border or anything....As far as Saul goes, why would he get paid per batch? 45k per batch? I don't care how much he's saved their asses, you give him a flat fee or wtv, but you can't pay him about a third of what you're making yourself indefinitely, terrible deal...

And then there's the Legacy fund....First of all, Mike should have brought it up before they flipped the first batch. Also, this is one reason, amongst a few others, why Mike got back into this business, so that he wouldn't get snitched on by making those guys whole. That's Mike's problem, not theirs..if he explained the situation im sure they could come to an agreement but they shouldn't have to pay a third, maybe 10pts each or something, and again, it shouldn't be indefinite but rather up until the number they had in their off shore bank accounts gets cleared....once it's cleared, no reason to pay them more....

Just because you're making big money doesn't mean you should be frivolous with it, expenses can burn through it quick.....

That's one thing Breaking Bad lacks, realism when it comes to street smarts and illegal ventures...and the writers have gotten better at this, season 1 and 2 were cringe worthy at some spots, but it's still a far cry from the Wire, were the smallest of details was on point
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #353
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i thought the flying too close to the sun line was a clear metaphor to icarus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus

You were watching Repo Games weren't you? That was a trivia question on one of the repossessions.

Anyway, saw this pic earlier

I want Skyler gone by the end of these 8 episodes.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #354
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
You were watching Repo Games weren't you? That was a trivia question on one of the repossessions.

interesting. no, i actually don't even know what that show is

i had to read 'mythology' by edith hamitlon the summer of my junior year going into AP english. we were told we'd be tested on it as soon as school started. i pretty much took that summer off and read like a single chapter before going in. i was going to call my teacher's bluff

there ended up being a handful of us that chose not to read while sweating indoors so she gave us a couple weeks to prepare. it was like a 350 page book but to my surprise, i ended up falling in love with it. the story of icarus became one of my most memorable and favorite (along with persephone as basic as it is).

the test was brutal though...i lost so much sleep trying to catch up and was running on empty for the test and scored like 79%. she compromised with us but she made it like 10% of the semester grade so that got our attention. ya, not that interesting of a story but this is really the first thing that came to mind when walt said it

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #355
JohnnySic
green is good

I have a question about the end of season 4; in that scene where Walt was planning to blow up Gus's car. How did Gus figure out/suspect that something was up? Was this ever explained?

They focus on Walt's glasses at the end of the scene; did Gus see the glare from them?

Last edited by JohnnySic : 08-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #356
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I have a question about the end of season 4; in that scene where Walt was planning to blow up Gas's car. How did Gus figure out/suspect that something was up? Was this ever explained?

They focus on Walt's glasses at the end of the scene; did Gus see the glare from them?

Wondering the same thing. Not to mention you would think the DEA found the car and searched it after his death. Wouldn't they have found the bomb? Maybe it wouldn't lead back to Walt, but just seems like something that would've explained and brought up.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #357
niko
I Run NY.

Gus was always super cautious. He just got nervous.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #358
Niytrus
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Wondering the same thing. Not to mention you would think the DEA found the car and searched it after his death. Wouldn't they have found the bomb? Maybe it wouldn't lead back to Walt, but just seems like something that would've explained and brought up.

Walt ran back to the car and removed it... there's a whole scene in the hospital where he brings the bomb with him and talks to Jesse...
Niytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #359
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I have a question about the end of season 4; in that scene where Walt was planning to blow up Gas's car. How did Gus figure out/suspect that something was up? Was this ever explained?

When Walt is spinning the gun near the Lilly of the Valley plant he is contemplating what to do. When he looks at the plant you assume he comes up with his plan to manipulate Jesse and later remove Gus. Jesse comes over, Walt is able to convince him of Gus' supposed guilt in poisoning Brock, and later we see Walt making the pipe bomb to deal with Gus.

As for Gus figuring it out, I assume it can be blamed on Gus' intuition and somewhat 6th sense that he has acquired as such a successful drug lord.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #360
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niytrus
Walt ran back to the car and removed it... there's a whole scene in the hospital where he brings the bomb with him and talks to Jesse...

I remember now.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: