Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #346
Niytrus
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Wondering the same thing. Not to mention you would think the DEA found the car and searched it after his death. Wouldn't they have found the bomb? Maybe it wouldn't lead back to Walt, but just seems like something that would've explained and brought up.

Walt ran back to the car and removed it... there's a whole scene in the hospital where he brings the bomb with him and talks to Jesse...
Niytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #347
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I have a question about the end of season 4; in that scene where Walt was planning to blow up Gas's car. How did Gus figure out/suspect that something was up? Was this ever explained?

They focus on Walt's glasses at the end of the scene; did Gus see the glare from them?

When Walt is spinning the gun near the Lilly of the Valley plant he is contemplating what to do. When he looks at the plant you assume he comes up with his plan to manipulate Jesse and later remove Gus. Jesse comes over, Walt is able to convince him of Gus' supposed guilt in poisoning Brock, and later we see Walt making the pipe bomb to deal with Gus.

As for Gus figuring it out, I assume it can be blamed on Gus' intuition and somewhat 6th sense that he has acquired as such a successful drug lord.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #348
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niytrus
Walt ran back to the car and removed it... there's a whole scene in the hospital where he brings the bomb with him and talks to Jesse...

I remember now.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #349
REACTION
HYRYSICPT?

Quote:
I have a question about the end of season 4; in that scene where Walt was planning to blow up Gas's car. How did Gus figure out/suspect that something was up? Was this ever explained?

They focus on Walt's glasses at the end of the scene; did Gus see the glare from them?

I thought Gus spotted something at first too, but he didn't. He stopped walking to his car after thinking about the encounter with Jesse he just had. Jesse tells Gus that Brock has been poisoned, but he doesn't accuse Gus or ask him anything about it. Normally Jesse would be quick to fly off the handle at Gus if he thought Gus poisoned him. But since he doesn't, Gus realizes that there's something going on. He also knows that since he didn't poison Brock, Walt must have. I think Gus figures out that this poisoning must be a move by Walt to kill him. That's why he stops walking to his car and stares out toward where Walt must be hiding.

Last edited by REACTION : 08-02-2012 at 02:38 PM.
REACTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #350
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTION
I thought Gus spotted something at first too, but he didn't. He stopped walking to his car after thinking about the encounter with Jesse he just had. Jesse tells Gus that Brock has been poisoned, but he doesn't accuse Gus or ask him anything about it. Normally Jesse would be quick to fly off the handle at Gus if he thought Gus poisoned him. But since he doesn't, Gus realizes that there's something going on. He also knows that since he didn't poison Brock, Walt must have. I think Gus figures out that this poisoning must be a move by Walt to kill him. That's why he stops walking to his car and stares out toward where Walt must be hiding.

Good stuff. Never looked at it that way.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #351
Unstoppabull
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
You were watching Repo Games weren't you? That was a trivia question on one of the repossessions.

Anyway, saw this pic earlier

I want Skyler gone by the end of these 8 episodes.
I honesty hope that bitch gets killed off as well.

Quote:

He's a very cautious man. Jeese talked about Brock getting poisoned, but didn't accuse him directly.
Why else do you think Gus started getting highly suspicious when he approaches his car after Jeese demands to see him in person?
Unstoppabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #352
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
He's a very cautious man. Jeese talked about Brock getting poisoned, but didn't accuse him directly.
Why else do you think Gus started getting highly suspicious when he approaches his car after Jeese demands to see him in person?
Makes sense, thanks...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #353
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

I'm glad there are other people on here who hate Skylar. I want that bitch dead, period. She is such a passive-aggressive whore. Cheat on Walt. Divorce Walt because he sells drugs. Join family business, act like Walt has no idea what he's doing. Get back together with Walt. Tell Walt he's dangerous and that everything is his fault. Give money away to Ted. **** you, whore.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #354
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

The hatred is so deeply ingrained in some of you that you can't even consider looking at Skyler's actions from another perspective.

Deny it all you want, but there is a definite twinge of real misogyny in all of these anti-Skyler comments. Those comments just get so fucking old.

"Skylers' a stupid cunt bitch, I hope Walt kills her"
"Fuck that whore Skyler, she should just do whatever Walt wants"
"I hope they kill that bitch off"

I hated her as well the first time I watched the series, but I'm a lot more sympathetic now that I've watched it a second time.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #355
DFish
Banned

Maybe if the dumb bitch was in the kitchen where she belongs instead of feigning emotional distress for attention, nobody would hate her.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #356
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

kill tha wifey
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #357
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
I think that's what the little tent thing was for.

One thing I didn't understand is they took so much effort to get their lab equipment into the house and then they seemed to leave everything there after they cooked. Were they going to have the other guys pack it up?

Also no one has mentioned all the foreshadowing with Hank. That is he going to realize that Walt is the guy he is after. That's going to be a major part of the plot this season.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #358
Batz
Shit just got serious

Is the wife going to die now?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #359
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
One thing I didn't understand is they took so much effort to get their lab equipment into the house and then they seemed to leave everything there after they cooked. Were they going to have the other guys pack it up?

They mentioned paying mules.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #360
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Is the wife going to die now?
we all pray 4 it
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: