Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #766
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5 (Final) Discussion Thread

That dark theme that played as Walt walked back with the gun.. awesome
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #767
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

Just finished watching
Kinda funny how Walt has f.cuked up the lives of nearly everyone on the show at one point or another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTwlAT_AwU
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #768
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #769
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

This might have been posted before, but if it hasn't then take it look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZpo89mmJo

Someone edited Breaking Bad to make it look like an ABC sitcom. Hilarious and very well done.

Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #770
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
They easily could have just told him what they knew and he panicked.
he's a lawyer for christ sakes.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #771
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
he's a lawyer for christ sakes.

One that works for Mike at that.

I'm also assuming that he's worked with Mike for a long time, I'm sure he would've selected somebody he could rely on, not a crumble under pressure snitch. Hell… not even Sal would've cowered, Sal would've told them to f*ck off.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #772
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
This might have been posted before, but if it hasn't then take it look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZpo89mmJo

Someone edited Breaking Bad to make it look like an ABC sitcom. Hilarious and very well done.

might have been well done, but it was far from hilarious.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #773
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Does anyone else have a theory on why Mike didn't try to kill Walt? I think he had the gun out to kill Walt but then changed his mind. He may have been doing this for his granddaughter. If he killed Walt then Jesse would have thought it was a shoot out. Then Jesse might think Walt was defending himself and that Mike was the one who went psycho.

By not killing Walt that means that Jesse will undoubtedly figure out that Walt murdered Mike. This may serve the purpose of making Jesse hate Walt forever and get Jesse to give some of his money to Mike's granddaughter.

Mike then not only saves Jesse from Walt, but he also ensures that his granddaughter will have the money that he risked his life for.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #774
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I called it. I knew Walt was gonna kill Mike the second I saw the gun in the bag.

I thought the same thing.

Then, they played it like it was an impulsive thing which actually seems against character, like Walt only decided it to do it at the last moment.

As for the lawyer's arrest, we can assume they went to a judge and got a warrant and saw him go to that bank and then got the banks's cooperation. His friend at the bank was not happy to see him. However, the way they showed it looked like it was the same afternoon.

It seems like plotwise, they are rushing things along this season.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #775
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
i agree. I actually thought out of the 3, Jesse would have died first. even though he said he doesn't die, i felt he was just throwing us a curveball.

Dramatically, this is not what you want. Hell we didn't even meet Mike for years. Jesse vs Walt is the battle. Mike's a tangent.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #776
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Mike has been the most cautious person in the show. He's smart. He makes plans. He knows what people are going to do. Why did he get such a dumbass lawyer? Why did he leave a gun in the bag? Knowing that Walt was coming with a gun in that bag, you telling me Mike didn't know Walt might shoot him?

Why didn't Mike shoot Walt?

He left the gun in the bag, because Mike was expecting to pick up the bag himself. It was his getaway bag.

But your other questions stand. Why didn't Mike have his gun in hand when Walt arrived.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #777
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

something else that was out of character.

Walt didn't have any issues killing kids, killing Gale, setting up his bro in law, Killing Jesse's gf, etc. but he's hurting cause he killed Mike?

The man that he wanted to kill and feared at one point?

It was just impulsive like it was mentioned, something a girl would do.

"I'm not getting what I want so I'm gonna kill you!" irrational type of shit is that?

Walt just stood in front of a bunch of drug dealers and hatched the perfect plan. He didn't have anything for this? he couldn't manipulate or talk Mike into giving him the names? he just pouted like a girl, threw a fit and killed him, then felt sorry?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #778
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
What were the pics that Hank was looking at? did they reveal that?

They were from the original surveillance of Mike. Some of them showed him at the park. There's nothing important in the pictures, except for the fact that Hank can't put the case aside and do his new job.

Also I'm thinking once they

A. find Mike has blown town
B. find Mike's car or body

The DEA will realize they have a leak. In fact, I think that Gomez is going to realize something is up with Walt before Hank does.

I'm wondering what Walt does with body and car. He needs to do something to prevent Jesse from finding out.

I also suspect this might screw up distribution if the death of Mike becomes news.

They also seem to have conveniently written the kids out of a couple episodes didn't they.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #779
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
He left the gun in the bag, because Mike was expecting to pick up the bag himself. It was his getaway bag.

But your other questions stand. Why didn't Mike have his gun in hand when Walt arrived.

I don't know what his reasoning for putting a gun in the bag is. You have the money. What use is a gun? Did he think he'd need it right there and then when he opened the trunk? As we see at the end of the show, he had a gun in his other car. So why not have the second gun in his car too?

I'm trying to come up with a good reason why Mike would want there to be a gun in his own bag. Even if he thought he'd be picking the bag up on his own. This is how it plays out: He gets his own money and then he needs a gun to protect himself? Why? He's at the airport. He can't catch a flight with it.

It would have been a way more realistic ending, and a better ending if Walt had pulled out his own gun and shot Mike. Then no one could say they truly saw it coming. When Walt looked in the bag we already knew that he'd use it on Mike when they met up. It would have been more impulsive to pull it out in a rage. Instead we know that killing Mike was a thought he had once he saw the gun when he first opened the bag.

I could honestly overlook this whole last scene if the way the DEA caught the lawyer was a bit more realistic. Those rooms are private and they had no right to open the door.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #780
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
something else that was out of character.

Walt didn't have any issues killing kids, killing Gale, setting up his bro in law, Killing Jesse's gf, etc. but he's hurting cause he killed Mike?

The man that he wanted to kill and feared at one point?

It was just impulsive like it was mentioned, something a girl would do.

"I'm not getting what I want so I'm gonna kill you!" irrational type of shit is that?

Walt just stood in front of a bunch of drug dealers and hatched the perfect plan. He didn't have anything for this? he couldn't manipulate or talk Mike into giving him the names? he just pouted like a girl, threw a fit and killed him, then felt sorry?

Um, the prisons are filled with men who have acted this way, don't kid yourself. You are sadly mistaken if that is trait only held by women.

He's hurting because he made a mistake and was weak and ultimately respected Mike. He's supposed to be so good at figuring the angles and figured this one wrong. That's what they wanted to show in the ending. I agree that they did seem to sacrifice some realism to get their though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: